1A Playoff Picture in the West

fullbackdive

13 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Cmon on with this bashing other teams. Yes, y’all had a good couple seasons. Huntingdon and Lake County are two of the best smaller school teams in West TN. This ain’t girls basketball 

I actually agree with you about LC and Huntingdon. But Huntingdon isn’t that small of a 1A school. They are actually big for a 1A school hence the reason why they moving to 2A. Lake County are champs till they ain’t. And greenfield should be privileged to be even announced in the same sentence as either one of them teams. Will greenfield be this good next year prolly not. Are they an average team playing above there talent level, most likely. And soon it will all be over with. And for next couple years Greenfield, LC and WC won’t matter with Trenton dropping down. I can see Trenton winning 4 championship in a row now. Trenton was already a powerhouse and now dropping them down almost ensure there ticket to 15-0. 

6 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

LC is 32 and 9 all time against Greenfield. LC had one team in school history that went 0 and 10. Yes, Greenfield hadms mercy ruled LC a few times but LC has mercy ruled Greenfield alot more than Greenfield has LC. You proved my point about LC being a good program through history. When LC has a few down years they bounce back. Greenfield not so much.

And Greenfield will always be that way. It doesn’t matter who they have coaching they just don’t have the talent pool or the area to have good athletes every year. Every few years greenfield has a few good classes to great teams in athletics. Will greenfield ever replicate this again prolly not and if they do prolly will be another 10 years. Will they replicate woman’s basketball again? Most likely not. We seen the greatest Girls BB team in history and prior to that girls basketball wasn’t that great historically. LC plays in a bigger towns and is surrounded by more people and athletes. Yes lake county and greenfield are similar in size in football team but the schools are most definitely different with the type of kids each school has access to. 

8 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I welcome them down to 1A. It means LC and all current 1A teams have got to step up their games. Peabody being down will make LC better in the long run.

Believe it or not I actually root for LC anytime they don’t play greenfield. And if not Greenfield I hope it’s LC representing 7A at state. Good luck to LC and Greenfield and maybe we will all get to see a round 3 matchup. 

Just now, Voljackets said:

And Greenfield will always be that way. It doesn’t matter who they have coaching they just don’t have the talent pool or the area to have good athletes every year. Every few years greenfield has a few good classes to great teams in athletics. Will greenfield ever replicate this again prolly not and if they do prolly will be another 10 years. Will they replicate woman’s basketball again? Most likely not. We seen the greatest Girls BB team in history and prior to that girls basketball wasn’t that great historically. LC plays in a bigger towns and is surrounded by more people and athletes. Yes lake county and greenfield are similar in size in football team but the schools are most definitely different with the type of kids each school has access to. 

Most of what you said is true.

8 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

I actually agree with you about LC and Huntingdon. But Huntingdon isn’t that small of a 1A school. They are actually big for a 1A school hence the reason why they moving to 2A. Lake County are champs till they ain’t. And greenfield should be privileged to be even announced in the same sentence as either one of them teams. Will greenfield be this good next year prolly not. Are they an average team playing above there talent level, most likely. And soon it will all be over with. And for next couple years Greenfield, LC and WC won’t matter with Trenton dropping down. I can see Trenton winning 4 championship in a row now. Trenton was already a powerhouse and now dropping them down almost ensure there ticket to 15-0. 

You are right. The other teams in the west has no chance of making it all the way the next few years with Peabody down in 1A. 

5 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You are right. The other teams in the west has no chance of making it all the way the next few years with Peabody down in 1A. 

Don’t say no chance if COVID-19 is still playing next year. As long as Team Covid is playing only thing for sure is Covid hasn’t lost yet. 

11 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

Your statements are true. I personally don’t agree that Greenfield should be third in the state, but they have done the things you need to be region champs and 8-0 and nothing can take that away. I see next year, the top 4 will be us, LC, Greenfield and Dresden. Personally, I see no benefit in us going to play in 1A next year. Wished we stayed but the saying is because of scheduling so idk. I expect us to make it to Cookeville while in 1A but I’m not gonna say LC or anyone else cant knock us out 

14 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Your statements are true. I personally don’t agree that Greenfield should be third in the state, but they have done the things you need to be region champs and 8-0 and nothing can take that away. I see next year, the top 4 will be us, LC, Greenfield and Dresden. Personally, I see no benefit in us going to play in 1A next year. Wished we stayed but the saying is because of scheduling so idk. I expect us to make it to Cookeville while in 1A but I’m not gonna say LC or anyone else cant knock us out 

As long as COVID doesn’t get involved I see Trenton as the team to beat in ALL of 1A next couple years. Trenton could prolly win the region by playing there JV team 

28 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

As long as COVID doesn’t get involved I see Trenton as the team to beat in ALL of 1A next couple years. Trenton could prolly win the region by playing there JV team 

I’m saying and not knocking any of our region opponents for next year, but probably could. We will have a good squad for next coming years. That’s why I just don’t know why we would wanna go down