Region Champ DeKalb Co. to miss playoffs

District12AA

2 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Everything I've seen on Facebook shows that this was a decision made by Dekalb County schools. As you can imagine, there are some parents that are pretty upset. They also say that there isn't a need to quarantine the whole team. It's a very unfortunate situation.

DC schools went virtual today due to rising #'s mostly for teachers coverage/no subs, sports were still a go when that call was made yesterday, the reason football is down is due to a positive test from someone on the team forcing a 14 day quarantine for entire team.  The rule itself is a joke but these are what have to be followed per cdc guidelines.  Sucks for the program especially after their 1st region championship.  You would think kids could have the choice to play and be rapid tested to post multiple negative tests in a certain time frame could play.  I guarantee players and coaches would choose to go through that if it meant they had a chance to play, the change needs to be made with whoever is passing these guidelines, there is nothing the coach or admin. can do without facing a possible lawsuit from my understanding.

Well guys it's a bunch of BS. There are so many kids who needed to impress a little more who are now knocked out of Colleges because Covid. I'll say it. It's not right that if your in College You get this season back that alone knocked out so many seniors for Scholarships. There has to be a correct way to do this a right way. Dekalbs team is Senior heavy team with alot of recruits who just got Screwed bad. We go back and 4th playing and cutting up but this was was to much and cost alot of kids opportunities.  My son is a Junior thank God but players like Aldino and Nokes who were having another awesome yr along with Alot of others who needed a few more games.  Just ain't right

• Upvote 1

Several schools are getting shutdown right at playoff time. I haven’t paid that much attention to the guidelines, but are these shutdowns a school district decision or a health department decision? I believe schools have played games while having kids in quarantine. Is there a difference between a positive test on a team /contact tracing and possible exposure without a positive test?  

Edited by poe70

Really hate it for our brothers in DeKalb Co. who really deserved a chance to see how far they could go. We are rivals on the field but there has always been respect for all the teams within our region and a comradary between the staffs and players. The kids deserved better!!!

18 hours ago, poe70 said:

Several schools are getting shutdown right at playoff time. I haven’t paid that much attention to the guidelines, but are these shutdowns a school district decision or a health department decision? I believe schools have played games while having kids in quarantine. Is there a difference between a positive test on a team /contact tracing and possible exposure without a positive test?  

believe its a tssaa guideline, a positive test on the team requires a 14 day quarantine, it's happened to multiple schools throughout the year just unfortunate to happen this late, you can be exposed and not play but if there is a positive test amongst a player from my understanding its 14 days, most people wouldn't get tested to run that risk but you can't come out as a coach/admin. and tell kids what they can and can't do medically that is up to those kids and parents, 

1 hour ago, fritos4dayss said:

believe its a tssaa guideline, a positive test on the team requires a 14 day quarantine, it's happened to multiple schools throughout the year just unfortunate to happen this late, you can be exposed and not play but if there is a positive test amongst a player from my understanding its 14 days, most people wouldn't get tested to run that risk but you can't come out as a coach/admin. and tell kids what they can and can't do medically that is up to those kids and parents, 

Lots of teams have had Positive test and no 14 day shut down.  Just depends on how loud you are about your findings.  The programs themselves are keeping that to themselves especially if they are having a good year!  Look close at the schools that haven not had any shut down or any words of COVID, they have suggested that their players go virtual.  Most only have 2-3 that actually play that are in school.

Edited by Cakeman