Dll 2-A playoffs

MrFootball1

2 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Ok. Your first post on the thread was about kings. And you brought up size first. Not a mention of DCA. And again you started with the size. Your message was after my only opinion was that Nashville Christian will have a say so in Davidson bringing home the gold. So move on and coach one of your players . If you want to talk about your team dca then jump in there and talk. Don’t back door it on a comment about kings and NCS fishing for how great DCA is.  Y’all are undefeated and that is a great accomplishment. But our opinion in the west is that the east is weaker than the top 3 in the west. Like it or lump it we don’t really care. It was an opinion. 

I didn’t back door anything. Kings isn’t playing DCA. In that post I mentioned two games. The TCA vs DCA and NCS vs Kings. Right? So, I asked a sincere question because I know very little about TCA other than the small bit from Hudl and their scores from games this year. 

I think it’s reasonable to say the top two from the west may be stronger than the east. Especially since FCS lost its QB because of the upcoming MLB draft and DCA is young. 

Best of luck to TCA. 

On 11/9/2020 at 5:29 PM, Playerscoach said:

How do they match up with Kings Academy? Kings is huge (250 and 350 lb linemen) on the OL/DL and has speed all over the field. They have had catastrophic turnovers in every big game though. Tell me about  NCS.

First post. No mention of DCA. Good day sir

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

No injuries for either team and saw some good sportsmanship. Safe travels and best of luck to you guys. 

Thanks. Good luck next week. By the way. Kings was not able to handle NCS. Like I said They were not ready for it I dont Care how big they were. State champ will be winner of Davidson and NCS. 

5 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Thanks. Good luck next week. By the way. Kings was not able to handle NCS. Like I said They were not ready for it I dont Care how big they were. State champ will be winner of Davidson and NCS. 

I saw the score but hadn’t heard what happened? Not sure what they “weren’t ready for?” DCA was up on them 35 when they played, gave up a late TD by the young guys, and offensively gave up a pick six but I don’t know if beating them by 32 meant they weren’t ready? I think Kings is a good team but just had some unlucky turnovers in the losses I saw during the regular season.

Will be fun getting all our injured starters back next week vs USJ and seeing what happens. Other than one play last night the defense played assignment focused and fundamental football. Good thing they did though because you guys had some kids who could make big plays. Offensively it was a methodical, run heavy, game plan that was executed well. Scoring twice in the first 8 plays might have dictated that though? Only a handful of passes and just one to #9 who was preseason all state. 

Hey answer me this if you know?  What were the yells about from some of your supporters that said “let’s play baseball?” Are you guys going to have a good team this year? If a game is scheduled between the two I’d like to see that one because if you’re good maybe DCA will throw Ethan Robinson ( a soph committed to Vandy at the start of his freshman year) who is/was the number 1 ranked HS pitcher in the country? I’ve only seen him pitch a few times when he was in 8th grade and he was extremely impressive. I’m not a baseball parent and know only a little about our team but from what I have heard they are pretty good. 

Congrats on the season. Take care and best of luck to your school. 

Edited by Playerscoach

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

I saw the score but hadn’t heard what happened? Not sure what they “weren’t ready for?” DCA was up on them 35 when they played, gave up a late TD by the young guys, and offensively gave up a pick six but I don’t know if beating them by 32 meant they weren’t ready? I think Kings is a good team but just had some unlucky turnovers in the losses I saw during the regular season.

Will be fun getting all our injured starters back next week vs USJ and seeing what happens. Other than one play last night the defense played assignment focused and fundamental football. Good thing they did though because you guys had some kids who could make big plays. Offensively it was a methodical, run heavy, game plan that was executed well. Scoring twice in the first 8 plays might have dictated that though? Only a handful of passes and just one to #9 who was preseason all state. 

Hey answer me this if you know?  What were the yells about from some of your supporters that said “let’s play baseball?” Are you guys going to have a good team this year? If a game is scheduled between the two I’d like to see that one because if you’re good maybe DCA will throw Ethan Robinson ( a soph committed to Vandy at the start of his freshman year) who is/was the number 1 ranked HS pitcher in the country? I’ve only seen him pitch a few times when he was in 8th grade and he was extremely impressive. I’m not a baseball parent and know only a little about our team but from what I have heard they are pretty good. 

Congrats on the season. Take care and best of luck to your school. 

Was not there. Just watched on video. Y’all were very methodical and we are one dimensional. For next week it will be interesting. You say y’all get guys back and USJ had their biggest threat on offense and special teams kicked out of the game. Answer me this. If a kid is ejected in the first half is he still suspended for the whole next game?  I get College and high school mixed up. And as far as the baseball chant. Well tca does have a good team. We have a kid commited to Auburn. A couple other kids getting several looks. 2 years ago we were state runner up. But that was in D1. In my opinion D2 is a whole other monster with baseball. Last year would have been our first year in D2 and I would Have liked to have seen how that went. Personally I want TCA to win every sport. But I am Afraid the baseball team may have a few enlarged ego’s that are in store for some humble pie. But the talent is there for a deep run. Now if they can get out of the way of themselves. Good luck to y’all the rest of the way.