Dll 2-A playoffs

MrFootball1

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

??? You mentioned size and I gave examples of teams with size.  

And then your example was against FCS. Which was beaten by the west #5 seed. So if they faced size against them then big whoopty do!!  FCS must not have been big enough. I really Don’t care. You asked for an opinion. TCA may not win. TCA may get throttled but it won’t be because a team was big. You brought up how big Kings was. Your the players coach you should know there is more to winning a contest. Good luck 

14 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

And then your example was against FCS. Which was beaten by the west #5 seed. So if they faced size against them then big whoopty do!!  FCS must not have been big enough. I really Don’t care. You asked for an opinion. TCA may not win. TCA may get throttled but it won’t be because a team was big. You brought up how big Kings was. Your the players coach you should know there is more to winning a contest. Good luck 

BIGEdMo, he must be the guy from Kings last year who was whining when we whipped their tail in the girls state championship game! Haha

4 minutes ago, Intense said:

BIGEdMo, he must be the guy from Kings last year who was whining when we whipped their tail in the girls state championship game! Haha

Hahahahaha. I thought The same exact thing. They were so distraught after their loss their stud player left for greener pastures. Wonder how the ole AAU coach is doing???  I am Sure building another state champion. 

Edited by BigEdMo

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Hahahahaha. I thought The same exact thing. They were so distraught after their loss their stud player left for greener pastures. Wonder how the ole AAU coach is doing???  I am Sure building another state champion. 

He’s growing a snake on his head like the coach! Haha

4 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Funny thing BigEd is that none of us are predicting a win over DCA.  Heck, They are 10-0, we are 6-4 and we don’t have the athletes from years past.  We have some really good athletes and one great athlete but not the volume of great athletes.  We are the underdog and are supposed to lose.  We’re just happy to be there.  In 2014, we were ranked number 1 in the state in 2A public division and was 10-1.  We were supposed to win the state.  Got upset in round 2 by Peabody who went on to win it all.  It can happen.  If TCA lays it all out and plays like it’s their last game ever you never know what could happen. 

14 minutes ago, Intense said:

Funny thing BigEd is that none of us are predicting a win over DCA.  Heck, They are 10-0, we are 6-4 and we don’t have the athletes from years past.  We have some really good athletes and one great athlete but not the volume of great athletes.  We are the underdog and are supposed to lose.  We’re just happy to be there.  In 2014, we were ranked number 1 in the state in 2A public division and was 10-1.  We were supposed to win the state.  Got upset in round 2 by Peabody who went on to win it all.  It can happen.  If TCA lays it all out and plays like it’s their last game ever you never know what could happen. 

And then 2015 we were not supposed to make it to the playoffs. Made it to the semi finals. And we didn’t have any 7’5” 450 lb players. Who would have thought. Just glad the boys have made it this far. And who knows what might happen. 

Edited by BigEdMo

I wonder if Jeremy Pruitt is going to have one of those camps like Butch did a few years back, and randomly going to choose Martin, Tennessee as the location? Either way, Gooden did beat Smith on several occasions when they met. I don't think Emerson challenged Smith, because Emerson was hurt his senior year at North Side. Yes, Smith was super talented back then, but his camps is what made him a 5*, not necessarily the competition that he faced on the field on Friday nights. Regardless, I hope that Hutchinson, Emerson, and Smith are having very healthy seasons, along with Darrion Williamson for Florida State (Haywood product).

3 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I wonder if Jeremy Pruitt is going to have one of those camps like Butch did a few years back, and randomly going to choose Martin, Tennessee as the location? Either way, Gooden did beat Smith on several occasions when they met. I don't think Emerson challenged Smith, because Emerson was hurt his senior year at North Side. Yes, Smith was super talented back then, but his camps is what made him a 5*, not necessarily the competition that he faced on the field on Friday nights. Regardless, I hope that Hutchinson, Emerson, and Smith are having very healthy seasons, along with Darrion Williamson for Florida State (Haywood product).

Emerson did not in a game. At the camp he was an incoming junior so he was not injured at the time for the camp. And faced Smith on several one on one and smith was not used to size and speed because his normal adversaries in high school was not D1 talent. But again I was Not putting down Trey Smith or USJ. No Bruins were harmed in this message.  

3 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Emerson did not in a game. At the camp he was an incoming junior so he was not injured at the time for the camp. And faced Smith on several one on one and smith was not used to size and speed because his normal adversaries in high school was not D1 talent. But again I was Not putting down Trey Smith or USJ. No Bruins were harmed in this message.  

How often do you have to defend your previous post in a message board? Glad you and Intense are playing well with the DCA fans.  It really it is not you but everybody else.