Dll 2-A playoffs

MrFootball1

8 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

I haven't gotten my hands on any DCA film, so all I have are guesses for the matchup with TCA. I do know that the TCA line has improved greatly and I am certain their game plan will be to pound the rock and control the clock. If they can keep the game close into the second half, anything can happen. If USJ and TCA can win Friday, then we all get to stay in Jackson next week and that would be perfectly fine with me.

As for NCS/TKA, both have size but NCS has meanness and size. Big boy for TKA will be tapping his helmet in the second quarter. Both teams have plenty of weapons to put up points, but I think NCS gets a few stops and pulls away to win by 2-3 scores in the second half.

To address some previous comments, Emmitt Gooden graduated before the UT camp that was held at USJ. Greg Emerson (Northside) was there and may be who you were thinking about. The only matchup I recall between Trey (c/o 17) and Gooden (c/o 16) was in the 2015 Jamboree and I think it's fair to say that Gooden came out on top that day as did the Tomcats. It may be a lot of years before we see 3 SEC hosses like that come out of the greater Jackson area in a 3 year span. All of them were fun to watch for sure.

You are correct. Emerson was the kid. See I have No problem being wrong. My memory not so good either.  My point still stands. Kings kids may be big but they are used to smaller high school kids and will not be ready. 

Edited by BigEdMo

6 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

You are correct. Emerson was the kid. See I have No problem being wrong. My memory not so good either.  My point still stands. Kings kids may be big but they are used to smaller high school kids and will not be ready. 

Like I said in this thread DCA has three kids (270,280, 300) over 270 and another few in that 225-245 range. They all start and are strong, athletic kids. To suggest Kings won’t be ready based in size is just not a reasonable claim. Not to mention FCS had size in their game. Kings may lose this game but not because they “aren’t ready” in the OL/DL. Maybe NCS is just better?

19 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Like I said in this thread DCA has three kids (270,280, 300) over 270 and another few in that 225-245 range. They all start and are strong, athletic kids. To suggest Kings won’t be ready based in size is just not a reasonable claim. Not to mention FCS had size in their game. Kings may lose this game but not because they “aren’t ready” in the OL/DL. Maybe NCS is just better?

NCS is definitely better.  East is soft this year.

5 hours ago, swagulator said:

I'd hate to guess on a score, but I think the TCA/DCA game will be close and somewhere in the 20's.  NCS by 2+ scores.

TCA scored more than 22 pts twice this year while DCAs lowest scoring game was 24 where they had multiple turnovers inside their 10 and could have easily scored 40. TCA scored 14 offensive points against a very young program in Grace and DCA scored 14 in the first 2 minutes and 35 in the first half. 

If TCA tries to run it they will face lots of size and physicality up the middle of DCAs defense with DL/DE/ MLB/SS that can get after offenses. Each week is different in HS games so anything is possible. Can’t really use comparative scores (Grace) when talking about the playoffs. 

Having heard so much about TCA these last few years I’m looking forward to seeing them in action. Wish them and their fans safe travels. 

35 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

TCA scored more than 22 pts twice this year while DCAs lowest scoring game was 24 where they had multiple turnovers inside their 10 and could have easily scored 40. TCA scored 14 offensive points against a very young program in Grace and DCA scored 14 in the first 2 minutes and 35 in the first half. 

If TCA tries to run it they will face lots of size and physicality up the middle of DCAs defense with DL/DE/ MLB/SS that can get after offenses. Each week is different in HS games so anything is possible. Can’t really use comparative scores (Grace) when talking about the playoffs. 

Having heard so much about TCA these last few years I’m looking forward to seeing them in action. Wish them and their fans safe travels. 

On paper DCA is 3+ scores better than TCA.  I've just seen TCA play up or down to their competition too much not to think it will be a closer game than it should be on paper.  TCA staff will have a plan to win the game.  Of course, all depends on if TCA's kids can execute the plan.   I don't really think TCA will likely win the game, but I do think it will be closer than it should be.  

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

Ok. So with your reasoning then Jackson Christian beat FCS. Tca beat Jackson Christian. You asked our opinion and you got it. Good luck Friday. 

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

TCA’s starting RB and starting blocking back were out against Grace.  Those two are also the teams leading tacklers.  I think the outcome would have been a little different with those two.  You keep referring to “only” scored X against a young Grace D.  Might be good to know all the facts first.  If you sit two top players from any II-A school you’re going to be impacted.  Does that mean that I’m predicting TCA over DCA?  No.  It just means TCA is better than what you saw or heard on Friday.  DCA won’t beat USJ, DA, or NCS.  

Edited by Intense
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Intense said:

TCA’s starting RB and starting blocking back were out against Grace.  Those two are also the teams leading tacklers.  I think the outcome would have been a little different with those two.  You keep referring to “only” scored X against a young Grace D.  Might be good to know all the facts first.  If you sit two top players from any II-A school you’re going to be impacted.  Does that mean that I’m predicting TCA over DCA?  No.  It just means TCA is better than what you saw or heard on Friday.  DCA won’t beat USJ, DA, or NCS.  

Salty lol. DCA doesn’t play those teams this week, they play TCA. Maybe we will get to test your theory next week? BTW I’m familiar with who played for TCA against Grace. DCA missed three of the top players against Grace and it got away from Grace within the first few minutes. 

Here’s hoping TCAs kids are back in the line up this week. Safe travels to TCA and their fans.