Covington @ Milan RD 2

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

25 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That would be an interesting scenario as Covington has been running out of the spread with Fayne as the qb. That’s not what they ran in the last meeting. Will be interesting to see how Milan does against that offense. 

I got to watch some of their game against South Gibson with Fayne at QB. In my opinion you can tell he is not a true QB, darn good athlete for sure, just not a QB. It would be interesting to see how Milan stacks up against that offense but in that scenario like I said I see Milan winning a lot "easier". Because no game between these two would be easy hahaha

Covington's whole season changed once their QB went down. They have a 0% chance of beating Milan if the 3rd string QB is forced to play. Not much better if the 1st string guy comes back and is less than 100%. Basically, its going to be tough for Covington to get a win this week. I called for them to win when it matters, but I am going against my pick due to injuries and saying Milan wins this and it won't be that close. 

17 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

Covington's whole season changed once their QB went down. They have a 0% chance of beating Milan if the 3rd string QB is forced to play. Not much better if the 1st string guy comes back and is less than 100%. Basically, its going to be tough for Covington to get a win this week. I called for them to win when it matters, but I am going against my pick due to injuries and saying Milan wins this and it won't be that close. 

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. But I can guarantee Milan coaches and players aren’t approaching it this way. They know Covington is the big dawg on the block until they are beaten by a west tn team when it matters. Covington is the favorite until proven otherwise and the Dawgs are preparing to fight the bully on the block. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. But I can guarantee Milan coaches and players aren’t approaching it this way. They know Covington is the big dawg on the block until they are beaten by a west tn team when it matters. Covington is the favorite until proven otherwise and the Dawgs are preparing to fight the bully on the block. 

I totally get trying to play the underdog role, but Milan is 100% the favorite in this one. Even more of a favorite if Covington trots out the DB who is playing QB or a less than 100% 1st string QB. I would agree that Covington is the bully on the block, but the bully has already been beat up this year and is coming in injured Anything less than a Milan win on their home field should be looked at as a major disappointment. End of story. 

1 minute ago, JoeBlow777 said:

I totally get trying to play the underdog role, but Milan is 100% the favorite in this one. Even more of a favorite if Covington trots out the DB who is playing QB or a less than 100% 1st string QB. I would agree that Covington is the bully on the block, but the bully has already been beat up this year and is coming in injured Anything less than a Milan win on their home field should be looked at as a major disappointment. End of story. 

In some people’s eyes. The coaches are keeping the players grounded and definitely not letting them take anyone for granted. I honestly believe no one will know until game time how healthy the Covington qb is. Milan is preparing for all possibilities. 

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

In some people’s eyes. The coaches are keeping the players grounded and definitely not letting them take anyone for granted. I honestly believe no one will know until game time how healthy the Covington qb is. Milan is preparing for all possibilities. 

Concerning Carson Ruffin's status at QB, I have asked a couple of people and I have not found out anything yet. I'm in agreement with you that we may not know until game time. If I'm coach Kirby, I'm keeping that info closely held. By doing so, Milan will have to prepare for two different offensive schemes. It may not be a big advantage for Covington, but I can see why the element of surprise would help. 

13 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Concerning Carson Ruffin's status at QB, I have asked a couple of people and I have not found out anything yet. I'm in agreement with you that we may not know until game time. If I'm coach Kirby, I'm keeping that info closely held. By doing so, Milan will have to prepare for two different offensive schemes. It may not be a big advantage for Covington, but I can see why the element of surprise would help. 

Absolutely it is the smart thing to do. Can’t blame your coaches. 

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

LRDAO.... Big Purple bowel movement can round up some new kids from Jackson to help.    You think im joking but im not. 

I  just watched a replay of the 3 OT game again. That has to be the best display of defense on both sides of the ball that I have ever seen in regulation. Each defense only broke down on one play to allow a long score by the other team. 

In overtime, the quality of play broke down into a comedy of errors. First OT, Milan misses the chip shot FG. Then Covington fumbles the ball away on their first play.

Second OT, Covington drives to the 1 foot line, and tries a QB sneak on 4th down using Ruffin with a bad leg. Milan shuts that down. On their possession, the Milan QB proceeds to fumble the ball.

Third OT, Milan moves their QB to wideout and passes to him for the go ahead TD. On Covington's possession, Ruffin tries to pass (on one leg) and throws a wounded duck for the INT to end the game.

If the defenses play like they did in regulation, this playoff game could be very low scoring.