Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

38 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

If your looking for a fast meal at a good price right near the stadium,Pal's .If  you have a 55 year old in the car ,let them order and get the senior discount that pretty much pays the taxes.Now there is a bigger discount if you have a good smile. Three times in the last month,Batman let ladies driving SUV's turn in front of him and all three paid for his meal.I would have paid for a lady behind me but each time the driver had a beard and Batman isn't going to pay for another guys meal..Ha,just kidding around but Pal's has the best service of any fast food place in the area,maybe any area.

Speaking of stadiums, does Kingsport still have that unfinished stadium on the visitors side? 

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

Speaking of stadiums, does Kingsport still have that unfinished stadium on the visitors side? 

Yes..and the band takes the bigger of the bleachers on visitors side due to covid 6 foot rule..guess that happens when there are 350+ members in the band..only a tiny little section for visiting fans to sit in right now..but on the plus side there is plenty of sitting on home side with our double decker seats plus only 33% seating capacity

2 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

If your looking for a fast meal at a good price right near the stadium,Pal's .If  you have a 55 year old in the car ,let them order and get the senior discount that pretty much pays the taxes.Now there is a bigger discount if you have a good smile. Three times in the last month,Batman let ladies driving SUV's turn in front of him and all three paid for his meal.I would have paid for a lady behind me but each time the driver had a beard and Batman isn't going to pay for another guys meal..Ha,just kidding around but Pal's has the best service of any fast food place in the area,maybe any area.

Batman..I never knew there was a 55 year old discount at Pals..I turned 55 almost 2 years ago..I'm going to try and get a retro discount on the 100 or so orders I paid for since then.  :)

14 minutes ago, mikeslau said:

Batman..I never knew there was a 55 year old discount at Pals..I turned 55 almost 2 years ago..I'm going to try and get a retro discount on the 100 or so orders I paid for since then.  :)

I didn't know it either until one day I heard a guy order in front of me and when I got up to the window,I made a smart remark about not wanting the discount because I figured you had to be 100 or something.I went around and they charged me way to little and I tried to correct the girl.She said ,'' no ''you got the senior discount .I then ask what the age was and she said 55.Surprised me but I'm not to proud to save a couple of cents in a world that is always trying to take a few dollars.

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You are 100% correct. 29 locations, the cleanest, fastest, fast food restaurant in the world. Pal Barger passed away two weeks ago. A net worth of 1.5 Billion. 

One of my boys worked there for a while when he was sixteen.There is a reason you can order a hamburger a special way and not have to wait 10 minutes on the other side.The first day he worked there ,the manager called him to the office and gave him a 1-10 score for his work after that day.He said I been watching you on the monitor and I'll give you a 7-10 for the first day.My boy didn't have a clue about a monitor.If your ever lucky enough to be there and not much happening,I guarantee you they will be cleaning or something and not standing around.You will never have to worry about clean food at a pal's.Can't say that about a lot of fast food places I've seen around the country

18 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

One of my boys worked there for a while when he was sixteen.There is a reason you can order a hamburger a special way and not have to wait 10 minutes on the other side.The first day he worked there ,the manager called him to the office and gave him a 1-10 score for his work after that day.He said I been watching you on the monitor and I'll give you a 7-10 for the first day.My boy didn't have a clue about a monitor.If your ever lucky enough to be there and not much happening,I guarantee you they will be cleaning or something and not standing around.You will never have to worry about clean food at a pal's.Can't say that about a lot of fast food places I've seen around the country

The pals in Elizabethton stays backed up on the Main Street and causes major back ups.

48 minutes ago, lawnman said:

The pals in Elizabethton stays backed up on the Main Street and causes major back ups.

If I had one complaint it would be that some of the locations don't have enough room for the amount of business they have .It's amazing how many cars they get through there at most locations in a matter of minutes.It's also amazing how some people will just stop in the main road to turn or block other entrances.Really bad in colonial heights for that .

25 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Of course you can't go wrong with Pal's.

Other eateries I really like are Italian Village (for pizza), Sloopy's and Purple Cow (for burgers).

I wasn't sure if the purple cow was still open right now.They have great food but you had better call ahead and have them bring it out because it's not sudden service .I had an hour to burn before a DB practice a few years ago and just wanted a milkshake.I was about the third car in line to order and almost missed the start of practice.I always said if they could move the cars like Pal's,they would be awesome.

15 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

If I had one complaint it would be that some of the locations don't have enough room for the amount of business they have .It's amazing how many cars they get through there at most locations in a matter of minutes.It's also amazing how some people will just stop in the main road to turn or block other entrances.Really bad in colonial heights for that .

Elizabethtons location is in a bad place for sure.

4 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I'll give my two cents on this ,just to talk about something besides food.They still bring the little mini -me seats in  .I know a lot of folks wanted it that way because of the baseball stadium and I understood that . I would have liked to switched sides and built a massive new home side with our backs to the sun.But I do understand folks don't like those kinds of changes.

3 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

I'll give my two cents on this ,just to talk about something besides food.They still bring the little mini -me seats in  .I know a lot of folks wanted it that way because of the baseball stadium and I understood that . I would have liked to switched sides and built a massive new home side with our backs to the sun.But I do understand folks don't like those kinds of changes.

Since it's a playoff game I think people can sit anywhere they want (respecting social distancing), so McMinn fans can sit somewhere in the double-decker if they wish.  It is odd that D-B's baseball field dictates seating in a football stadium.  That should have been corrected by now. 

• CoachT locked this topic