Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

Well, the Tribe faced an aerial assault yet again, but this time, they survive.  Barely.

Now the Cherokees of McMinn County will invade JFJ next Friday night.

What do the Cherokees bring to the table?

Do they pass? 

Will this game be another catastrophic ending sans 2008 that will send BatmanDB back to the Bat Cave from whence he came?

Only 7 days to find out all the answers to these questions and more!

1 hour ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Well, the Tribe faced an aerial assault yet again, but this time, they survive.  Barely.

Now the Cherokees of McMinn County will invade JFJ next Friday night.

What do the Cherokees bring to the table?

Do they pass? 

Will this game be another catastrophic ending sans 2008 that will send BatmanDB back to the Bat Cave from whence he came?

Only 7 days to find out all the answers to these questions and more!

Well this McMinn team is nothing like the 2008 team. They'll be favored in this game. They say they have a massive running game and one of the best backs in the state. And the don't throw much. DB has been good against the run all year. so there's that. I guess McMinn also has a darn good defense also because they held Maryville to 21. If DB calls plays the way they did in the first, third and forth quarters against Cleveland they'll hang with McMinn. If they call plays like they did in the second quarter they'll get blown out. And then there's that secondary. Did I here this correctly, Cleveland had a receiver that caught 9 passes for 190 yards tonight? 

I was also thinking about the fact this is not 2008 and McMinn will probably be a touchdown or more favorite going in.However,I didn't see the Maryville game vs McMinn and don't know the facts ,stats and all that stuff but if it was a straight up 21-2 game with both teams full strength,then you might as well say this is a 180 from that last playoff meeting in 2008 and let's just see how this one plays out with McMinn the big favorite.If McMinn doesn't pass the ball much,I bet it's like that run,pass and kick competition today at McMinn without the run and kick parts.Who can throw the ball 40 plus yards and who is tall and can catch will all get looks all week.Doesn't take an Eastman scientist to figure that one out if they have watched DB against the run and against the pass..

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well this McMinn team is nothing like the 2008 team. They'll be favored in this game. They say they have a massive running game and one of the best backs in the state. And the don't throw much. DB has been good against the run all year. so there's that. I guess McMinn also has a darn good defense also because they held Maryville to 21. If DB calls plays the way they did in the first, third and forth quarters against Cleveland they'll hang with McMinn. If they call plays like they did in the second quarter they'll get blown out. And then there's that secondary. Did I here this correctly, Cleveland had a receiver that caught 9 passes for 190 yards tonight? 

Their D isn't as strong as you think. Maryville's low score was more of a case of playing flat more so than McMinn's D making stops.

10 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

*"too"   
With the revenge factor in play from the big upset in '08 and D-B being a much bigger school, playing at home, and wanting to prove they belong on stage with Maryville, I don't give the Cherokees much of a chance. 

DB is a little bigger then Alcoa and also wanted revenge there as well.

10 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

*"too"   
With the revenge factor in play from the big upset in '08 and D-B being a much bigger school, playing at home, and wanting to prove they belong on stage with Maryville, I don't give the Cherokees much of a chance. 

"to"

There is no revenge factor. DB will not bring the entire student body to the field. A playoff game at home for DB is not a plus (refer to history). On stage with Maryville? We're still trying to get on stage with Science Hill.

1 minute ago, BatmanDB said:

DB is a little bigger then Alcoa and also wanted revenge there as well.

McMinn isn't in Alcoa's league. The mighty Indians already have a "W" penned next to this second round game with McMinn, and I'm told have already started game-planning for their matchup with Maryville,

• CoachT locked this topic