Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

On 11/10/2020 at 1:51 PM, Tribefan98 said:

No one is running the ball against this Dobyns Bennett defense. This is one of the best front 7’s I have seen. Better be able to throw the ball and have a shifty quarterback that can get away from the pass rush. 

Dobyns Bennett 28

Mcminn 14 

Well Science Hill and Cleveland did that.  I could throw on DB's defense. 

58 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Somebody told me that DB has been practicing this play all week..... say it ain't so!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baCeMpAZIgI

I know everyone mocks us running that play 12 years ago, but if we wouldn’t have give them up the Kick Return for a TD directly after that the game was over. It a very strategic play in that scenario when you just need to take time off of the clock. The Ravens did it against the 49ers in the Super Bowl too. Obviously it did not work in our favor 12 years ago, but that play isn’t the reason we lost the kick off was. My 2 cents, (probably not even worth that much)

*I also seriously doubt Joey has worked on it*

Edited by DBKPT93

18 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

I know everyone mocks us running that play 12 years ago, but if we wouldn’t have give them up the Kick Return for a TD directly after that the game was over. It a very strategic play in that scenario when you just need to take time off of the clock. The Ravens did it against the 49ers in the Super Bowl too. Obviously it did not work in our favor 12 years ago, but that play isn’t the reason we lost the kick off was. My 2 cents, (probably not even worth that much)

*I also seriously doubt Joey has worked on it*

Easy bro, I was just stirring it up haha.....   I am on record with a 23-20 DB win tonight

This should be an interesting game, the big and chunky Cherokees will play Fulmer ball and pound the rock against the Indians, so, for the Indians to win, score early and often, make the Kees throw the ball to get back in it, on the other hand, if the Kees score two TDs early and get a lead and can run the ball, then DB could go down with another famous playoff loss, Given the home field and if the DB offense can get some scores I will pick the Indians by 14, and a trip to Murvil next week.

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well Science Hill and Cleveland did that.  I could throw on DB's defense. 

Science hill has been throwing on us for almost a decade now. They use the same formula every year. They know running the ball against us is useless so they attack our secondary all game. I think Science Hill ran the ball 8 times the whole game. 

In about 8 hours my prediction that McMinn County wouldn’t be able to run the ball on Dobyns Bennett will probably look foolish. I’m usually terrible at making predictions so I’m  sure they’ll run it for about 250+ yards or something insane. Or maybe our secondary is so bad they’ll use the formula that works best on us. Just keep throwing the ball until we screw up. Eventually we’ll give up a huge play. 

6 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

In about 8 hours my prediction that McMinn County wouldn’t be able to run the ball on Dobyns Bennett will probably look foolish. I’m usually terrible at making predictions so I’m  sure they’ll run it for about 250+ yards or something insane. Or maybe our secondary is so bad they’ll use the formula that works best on us. Just keep throwing the ball until we screw up. Eventually we’ll give up a huge play. 

I think you are right on, MCMINN has to unleash the air force in order to win this one.    Something tells me that they will just stubbornly keep running it anyway until late in the 4th and then take to the air

18 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I think you are right on, MCMINN has to unleash the air force in order to win this one.    Something tells me that they will just stubbornly keep running it anyway until late in the 4th and then take to the air

The film on how to beat us is out there. The question is do you have the athletes that can execute that formula? I know Maryville does so all we can do is cross our fingers for a miracle in Blount county tonight. 

2 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

This should be an interesting game, the big and chunky Cherokees will play Fulmer ball and pound the rock against the Indians, so, for the Indians to win, score early and often, make the Kees throw the ball to get back in it, on the other hand, if the Kees score two TDs early and get a lead and can run the ball, then DB could go down with another famous playoff loss, Given the home field and if the DB offense can get some scores I will pick the Indians by 14, and a trip to Murvil next week.

Does Kingsport have a Darwin Bond* type guy to run the ball. 

*Assuming you or anyone else remembers Darwin.

• CoachT locked this topic