Marion CO travels to H2O

H2Oman

2 hours ago, 10bears said:

That game was 49-15 with MC scoring 14 in each of the first three quarters compared to 8 points by Watertown.  If you were familiar with that team they essentially had 3 or 4 backs who alternately had good weeks.  They had 3 backs who had over 1000 yards for the season.  To be honest your team wasn’t in the same league so it isn’t like we were fortunate to have one player step it up.  As for this year it should be close.  MC definitely has the talent to win and they played probably the worst 3 quarters I’ve seen this year last week so hopefully they have that out of their system.

I want to go bo back to this now that I’m little more awake. Now I was responding to a TC poster about our 3rd rd game last year, but since you brought 2015 / 2016 up. Here are my thoughts on that game.

I think 2020 is going to be a lot like 2016 only there will be a reversal with the roles on who stomps who. If I remember correctly we may of lost two games that year and I do know one was within the last few minutes at Forrest, we thought we were the #### of the walk, but little did we know when we got to Marion that we were really going to see what a good football team was really like and that our record was ( though we were a good team) reflective of how easy our schedule was.

My kids and  I took that long ride up there excited about an upset  but it didn’t take long to find out just how outmatched we were when the game started!

I’m pretty confident you guys are going to be coming to the realization that I  came to on the long ride home that night and that is y’all are just not at the caliber we are right now! 

You guys may be getting there, but I would expect a slap to reality this coming Friday when you take on the Purple Tigers or maybe we can reference it the same way Hank JR stated it  and call it an attitude adjustment!

Edited by H2Oman

35 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I want to go bo back to this now that I’m little more awake. Now I was responding to a TC poster about our 3rd rd game last year, but since you brought 2015 / 2016 up. Here are my thoughts on that game.

I think 2020 is going to be a lot like 2016 only there will be a reversal with the roles on who stomps who. If I remember correctly we may of lost two games that year and I do know one was within the last few minutes at Forrest, we thought we were the #### of the walk, but little did we know when we got to Marion that we were really going to see what a good football team was really like and that our record was ( though we were a good team) reflective of how easy our schedule was.

My kids and  I took that long ride up there excited about an upset  but it didn’t take long to find out just how outmatched we were when the game started!

I’m pretty confident you guys are going to be coming to the realization that I  came to on the long ride home that night and that is y’all are just not at the caliber we are right now! 

You guys may be getting there, but I would expect a slap to reality this coming Friday when you take on the Purple Tigers or maybe we can reference it the same way Hank JR stated it  and call it an attitude adjustment!

I’m pretty sure we rode down there in 2016 knowing how outmatched we were. Lol, trust me I would know 

7 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

I’m pretty sure we rode down there in 2016 knowing how outmatched we were. Lol, trust me I would know 

You would from a players perspective  I know, but trust me from a old man!s perspective  who had seen a lot of bad football from H2O. I and a lot of other old timers were optimistic that year that we could hang with them and possibly pull an upset!

Edited by H2Oman