Marion CO travels to H2O

H2Oman

9 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

I’m pretty sure we rode down there in 2016 knowing how outmatched we were. Lol, trust me I would know 

2 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

You would from a players perspective  I know, but trust me from a old man!s perspective  who had seen a lot of bad football from H2O. I and a lot of other old timers were optimistic that year that we could hang with them and possibly pull an upset!

How is your brother doing on the plateau?

3 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

You would from a players perspective  I know, but trust me from a old man!s perspective  who had seen a lot of bad football from H2O. I and a lot of other old timers were optimistic that year that we could hang with them and possibly pull an upset!

We did have a qb that could  sling it. But marion was really good 

8 hours ago, FootballFan4life75 said:

Don't let the size of the dog fool ya when it comes to its bite!

I’m not fooled. I believe Marion is a year away from being able to beat an H2O or Meigs type team, but I believe they will compete. 

6 hours ago, team69 said:

So Meigs can't keep up? H20 by 45 over Jasper

That’s crazy and won’t happen. 

4 hours ago, 10bears said:

That game was 49-15 with MC scoring 14 in each of the first three quarters compared to 8 points by Watertown.  If you were familiar with that team they essentially had 3 or 4 backs who alternately had good weeks.  They had 3 backs who had over 1000 yards for the season.  To be honest your team wasn’t in the same league so it isn’t like we were fortunate to have one player step it up.  As for this year it should be close.  MC definitely has the talent to win and they played probably the worst 3 quarters I’ve seen this year last week so hopefully they have that out of their system.

Well there is old 10bears in the flesh. How you been doing big guy? Still hitting those weights pretty heavy?

44 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

And i get what you mean, a lot of people had a false sense of security from our record, and heck at times I was probably one. I just remember watching the really good Marion teams thinking we were just a step down. That’s not to say we didn’t go down there confident, and weren’t playing to win, but we knew it was an uphill battle. And as many seniors as we had, there were a lot of sophomores that year who played significant roles on that team especially late in the year when we were banged up, can’t help but think that only helped them down the road. 

12 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

He’s doing great. Put on about 25 lbs since HS, bulked up pretty good. Hoping to get some significant clock in the spring. 

That’s good and I know he’ll do well! Both of you guys were great players and from everything I heard better kids. 

I’ll never forget your brother and the young Webster kid coming to my house as junior high kids trying  to sell me some kind of fundraiser item and me asking them were they collecting for the cheerleading team. Both blushed and really didn’t know how to take me!

I’m hoping the youngest will do just as much for the program as y’all did!

14 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

And i get what you mean, a lot of people had a false sense of security from our record, and heck at times I was probably one. I just remember watching the really good Marion teams thinking we were just a step down. That’s not to say we didn’t go down there confident, and weren’t playing to win, but we knew it was an uphill battle. And as many seniors as we had, there were a lot of sophomores that year who played significant roles on that team especially late in the year when we were banged up, can’t help but think that only helped them down the road. 

There ain’t no doubt that what you see now has been in the making since about 2013. You could constantly see improvement each year!

11 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

You’re right. Just like how a couple of the guys on the team this year got major clock as sophomores on the team you’re talking about.  

Being apart of really good teams as an underclassman that just didn’t get the job done is a great motivator.