Meigs vs Hampton

Meeru

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It has been a kinda slow almost boring thread. I figured by this time Hampton folks would have declared a 21 point victory. They mailed in 2 scores Monday, and should be there by Friday before kickoff. 

If appvol doesn't get off the phone and catch up, the delivery will never make it there! 

10 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Would anyone in Region 1 care to weigh in on whether Happy Valley was better this year than they were last year?

I'm curious where South Greene and Hampton are compared to last year. South Greene looked about the same to me with the exception of a QB who can run around and make plays They had a player who was similar last year but this one seems some better. Hampton looks much better offensively to me this year than last year but maybe a step behind in where their defense was last year. Thoughts?

Edited by Imthayeti

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm curious where South Greene and Hampton are compared to last year. South Greene looked about the same to me with the exception of a QB who can run around and make plays. Hampton looks much better offensively to me this year than last year but maybe a step behind in where their defense was last year.

We lost a TON of talent in receivers/DB's but it's starting to rebuild....In the SG game, we were shorthanded on D...Had to make a couple moves that changed the effectiveness of our D in that one. Maybe the biggest drive we have to beat Meigs is the hope SG also wins and we get to face them again this season...Don't even care that it'd be at SG either! 

5 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

We lost a TON of talent in receivers/DB's but it's starting to rebuild....In the SG game, we were shorthanded on D...Had to make a couple moves that changed the effectiveness of our D in that one. Maybe the biggest drive we have to beat Meigs is the hope SG also wins and we get to face them again this season...Don't even care that it'd be at SG either! 

Would say the same about Meigs as far as the secondary goes. We had to replace a lot of people back there, but they are definitely up to speed with their new roles this far into the season. As far as South Greene and Rockwood, I believe I'm gonna go with Rockwood in the pickem. Gotta play from behind and make some unpopular picks.

Edited by Imthayeti

53 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

This thread is about as much fun as a dentist visit. Pujo staying relatively quiet. UK2 has only mentioned basketball once or twice. Crow has flown south for the winter. Yeti just wanting to be friends. Where's that energy from early in the year? 30 pages of sportsmanship is just awful.

43 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

The best way to liven up a thread is ask someone to pick a game score. Uknoit2 and Pujo, how do you think your team will fair Friday night?  What do you think the score will be. This will get this thread shaken up.

"If you know your enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of 100 battles"

Let me ask you two a question...Which team have you played, this year, that impressed you with line size/speed and also had a relentless D?

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Would say the same about Meigs as far as the secondary goes. We had to replace a lot of people back there, but they are definitely up to speed with their new roles this far into the season. As far as South Greene and Rockwood, I believe I'm gonna go with Rockwood in the pickem. Gotta play from behind and make some unpopular picks.

You're LOADED, I have seen....I think RW will be all SG wants, maybe more....Being home means big advantage in keeping it close 

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

"If you know your enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of 100 battles"

Let me ask you two a question...Which team have you played, this year, that impressed you with line size/speed and also had a relentless D?

As silly as it sounds, I'd say McMinn Central probably was the most relentless D we faced this year so far.