Rd 2 Riverside vs Lewis County

Pantherpride45

1 hour ago, Pantherpride45 said:

Should be a great one what’s your thoughts? Predictions?

Well if history repeats itself, it looks pretty good for Riverside. Riverside has beat Lewis the last 2 years in the 2nd round. Last year Lewis beat Riverside in regular season, but lost to Riverside in playoffs. 

In 19 years, Lewis has only made it past the 2nd round 3 times. 2001, 2003, 2013. Several of those years they didn’t make it past the second round they were also undefeated.

Im not really sure how this game will go. Looking at Region 5, I’m just not sure how good they are. 

It’s hard to beat a good team twice in the same year, I’d say Riverside has the advantage. But honestly I just don’t know. 

3 hours ago, Trollin said:

Well if history repeats itself, it looks pretty good for Riverside. Riverside has beat Lewis the last 2 years in the 2nd round. Last year Lewis beat Riverside in regular season, but lost to Riverside in playoffs. 

In 19 years, Lewis has only made it past the 2nd round 3 times. 2001, 2003, 2013. Several of those years they didn’t make it past the second round they were also undefeated.

Im not really sure how this game will go. Looking at Region 5, I’m just not sure how good they are. 

It’s hard to beat a good team twice in the same year, I’d say Riverside has the advantage. But honestly I just don’t know. 

I think This game will be just like the first meeting. Hard to pick a winner

2 hours ago, Cowtown said:

I think it will definitely be a battle. LC comes out on top in the end. This group is a special one that have lost very few games since they were in middle school. Not sure where their road ends but I don’t think it’s this week. 

This sure is a good group to watch! This will be a game you don’t want to miss. 

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Ain’t that something? Wonder why that is year after year? Wasn’t it a one loss team last year?

Yes and Lewis is now 11-0 this year.

The 2 best teams they have played this year are Riverside and Forrest. They only beat Riverside 8-7 and Forrest 7-0.

The 9 other teams they have played have a losing record for a total of 26 wins and 67 losses for the 2020 season.

IMO a team has to schedule tougher non region opponents to make themselves better and battle tested in order to make deep runs in the playoffs. 

I think Riverside gets the W. 

Edited by Trollin

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

Yes and Lewis is now 11-0 this year.

The 2 best teams they have played this year are Riverside and Forrest. They only beat Riverside 8-7 and Forrest 7-0.

The 9 other teams they have played have a losing record for a total of 26 wins and 67 losses for the 2020 season.

IMO a team has to schedule tougher non region opponents to make themselves better and battle tested in order to make deep runs in the playoffs. 

I think Riverside gets the W. 

Yea you’ve got it figured out. Break down Waverly’s opponents. That win against Hickman was impressive or Camden, no wait Houston Co. Or Scotts Hill. Never mind. Let’s don’t compare 

Edited by ddaddy
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1