Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

10 minutes ago, DirtyBird18 said:

Something is “amiss”? I done told y’all Murray made someone mad. Apparently more people than me see that something is “amiss”. Just wish we could all just be told what happened to have a shortened leash and who’s really pulling the puppet strings. 

OK,I'll bite.  who and how?

2 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

Look at Murray’s history and the schools left. I know a guy that played for him in metro and he said when the hire was made to sit back and watch because he would leave the program worse than he found it and people would leave because of him. Regardless he is gone and a new coach is being hired. This thread is about who will be hired, not why Murray got fired. 

You are right. As a matter of fact I heard the same thing, when he was hired.  I defended his stints at those schools as being difficult schools to coach.  I was willing to see what he could do here.

Yelp, he's gone regardless of why. Time to hire a football coach....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reynard said:

OK,I'll bite.  who and how?

Everyone is hinting and beating around the bush.

Players leaving or threatening to leave (with parents who are apparently “connected”).
Uniforms.
Different identity than what everyone thinks it should be and his personality rubbed them the wrong way.
Announcements.

I would assume all of it rolled up together into a nice big turd ball made Barry mad or put him in a position that he had to make a change. Don’t be naive and think this decision came from anywhere but the very top. 

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird18 said:

Everyone is hinting and beating around the bush.

Players leaving or threatening to leave (with parents who are apparently “connected”).
Uniforms.
Different identity than what everyone thinks it should be and his personality rubbed them the wrong way.
Announcements.

I would assume all of it rolled up together into a nice big turd ball made Barry mad or put him in a position that he had to make a change. Don’t be naive and think this decision came from anywhere but the very top. 

OK then, lets say that's what happened.  Now you know, or think you know, So what's the problem?

Kids leaving is a huge  issue. I don't know what a connected parent is. (but  you must not be one)

Every Football coach is a bit of a nut.....personality isn't an issue as long as you know when to keep it in check.

The only Announcements I heard (don't know if true) about is wanting to schedule RBS-Picket Co. -Tuckers Crossroads  and Forks River, Dropping all the money gates like MC/LA/DC to get more wins.

So.....if true....all that rolled up together, you answered your own question... 

25 minutes ago, Reynard said:

OK then, lets say that's what happened.  Now you know, or think you know, So what's the problem?

Kids leaving is a huge  issue. I don't know what a connected parent is. (but  you must not be one)

Every Football coach is a bit of a nut.....personality isn't an issue as long as you know when to keep it in check.

The only Announcements I heard (don't know if true) about is wanting to schedule RBS-Picket Co. -Tuckers Crossroads  and Forks River, Dropping all the money gates like MC/LA/DC to get more wins.

So.....if true....all that rolled up together, you answered your own question... 

So we are to assume that Barry let’s the parents run the program. Have we even questioned why someone wants to leave? Perhaps little Johnny isn’t getting the playing time daddy thinks he should? Perhaps daddy was told he didn’t get to make decisions pertaining to the football program? I’m not a parent, but man it’s pretty easy to see where the problem lies. Looks like Murray wasn’t the guy they wanted to start with, but didn’t have a lot to choose from. Maybe Dyer can navigate the political conundrum better than Murray and get more than two years? Maybe Barry can get back to focusing on running a school system and let someone else worry about the Athletics?

The fact that people continue to defend this fiasco is puzzling. 

#MSCGA 

Edited by DirtyBird18
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DirtyBird18 said:

So we are to assume that Barry let’s the parents run the program. Have we even questioned why someone wants to leave? Perhaps little Johnny isn’t getting the playing time daddy thinks he should? Perhaps daddy was told he didn’t get to make decisions pertaining to the football program? I’m not a parent, but man it’s pretty easy to see where the problem lies. Looks like Murray wasn’t the guy they wanted to start with, but didn’t have a lot to choose from. Maybe Dyer can navigate the political conundrum better than Murray and get more than two years? Maybe Barry can get back to focusing on running a school system and let someone else worry about the Athletics?

The fact that people continue to defend this fiasco is puzzling. 

#MSCGA 

Assume all you want...Perhaps all you want.   2 stating linemen (not skill positions) went to Gville this year so I highly doubt it was playing time. Why did they leave after 1 year of starting? You have to ask them. 

I've been on Coach T a lot longer than some know....and it's been my experience in reading between the line,,,as Maury would say ...you are the father.

Ok well I am got to shoot my shot. How many teams did the last coach beat that he was not supposed to beat? 0. How many games did he lose that he had the better team? 2. How many games did he keep it respectable that he was clear cut underdog and had zero chance at winning? 0. So in his region games he beat the scrubs. Didn't ever really sniff at beating Upperman. Had two TD lead against DC last year with a good team and lost. Lost to a Stone team last year he should not have lost to as well. Then this year he gets boat raced by every good team they play and never puts up a decisive victory against the bad teams. 

If I was you guys well if I was dirtybird I would R E L A X the hire is going to be made sometime this week if I had to guess. 

17 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Assume all you want...Perhaps all you want.   2 stating linemen (not skill positions) went to Gville this year so I highly doubt it was playing time. Why did they leave after 1 year of starting? You have to ask them. 

I've been on Coach T a lot longer than some know....and it's been my experience in reading between the line,,,as Maury would say ...you are the father.

Clever, but no. 

9 minutes ago, oldsc7 said:

Ok well I am got to shoot my shot. How many teams did the last coach beat that he was not supposed to beat? 0. How many games did he lose that he had the better team? 2. How many games did he keep it respectable that he was clear cut underdog and had zero chance at winning? 0. So in his region games he beat the scrubs. Didn't ever really sniff at beating Upperman. Had two TD lead against DC last year with a good team and lost. Lost to a Stone team last year he should not have lost to as well. Then this year he gets boat raced by every good team they play and never puts up a decisive victory against the bad teams. 

If I was you guys well if I was dirtybird I would R E L A X the hire is going to be made sometime this week if I had to guess. 

Might just need to relax on up to Hartsville, where at least when the Director gets involved he knows what he’s talking about. 

As far as Murray goes, I think they’re better than what he inherited. I just don’t think two years is enough to make a determination on whether the changes he was making were going to be effective. As far as what they did this year, did you see the disparity in talent?

#betterhiretherightOC

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird18 said:

Might just need to relax on up to Hartsville, where at least when the Director gets involved he knows what he’s talking about. 

As far as Murray goes, I think they’re better than what he inherited. I just don’t think two years is enough to make a determination on whether the changes he was making were going to be effective. As far as what they did this year, did you see the disparity in talent?

#betterhiretherightOC

So this leads to one of my questions. A good coach can keep games respectable regardless of talent disparity. The talent difference was not that great. Saw numerous SC games. I know coaches who could have taken that same team and made the blowouts not blowouts. 

Just now, oldsc7 said:

So this leads to one of my questions. A good coach can keep games respectable regardless of talent disparity. The talent difference was not that great. Saw numerous SC games. I know coaches who could have taken that same team and made the blowouts not blowouts. 

So we are now down to keep it close? Coach to not lose “as badly” so you can keep your job or coach to win and if you lose by a couple more than people thought you should, you’re gone. Got it. Don’t take chances. Run the clock. Keep your losses close. 

#ALossisaLoss
#Playtowin