Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

5 hours ago, oldsc7 said:

I 100% agree with this. This is the best post on this thread. Everything you have said is very true. All sports would benefit from this and you could add multiple sports like you stated. Everyone would benefit and all teams would be super competitive and you would more than likely dominate your football region and baseball district considering the babe ruth team has made multiple runs deep in the tournaments. As a former Owl I would 100% be on board. I was on board as kid growing up and our teams when I was in school and even after I graduated could have multiple trips to cookeville. In all honesty all the push back comes from the big blue nation.

Actually, there's quite a bit of "big blue nation" that would support this, myself included.

It was voted on in the 90's, and I don't know the exact results, but it was voted down. It really hasn't been brought up seriously since.

I would support it for the same reasons already mentioned, not so much for the athletic opportunities,  but the academic. But, I do like the idea of more sports. 

As far as the colors, years ago I thought black, blue, and white would be nice.

However, I do like the fact that Gville is small and the close relationships that are there.

36 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Actually, there's quite a bit of "big blue nation" that would support this, myself included.

It was voted on in the 90's, and I don't know the exact results, but it was voted down. It really hasn't been brought up seriously since.

I would support it for the same reasons already mentioned, not so much for the athletic opportunities,  but the academic. But, I do like the idea of more sports. 

However, I do like the fact that Gville is small and the close relationships that are there.

Well I apologize for lumping you with big blue people that I know that are absolutely against it. I think you can have the schools and still keep the history of both. I just wish it would happen. As far as colors....we could have a little UCLA flair with black, blue, white, gold lol

On 11/20/2020 at 10:52 PM, croz6110 said:

Well the announcement of the new coach will have to wait since TC is still playing.

Say it ain’t so Coach....

I think Reynard and KingoftheNorth should be hired myself. Would at least make the sideline entertaining during the games watching these two argue while they try to rebuild the program. 

27 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Say it ain’t so Coach....

I think Reynard and KingoftheNorth should be hired myself. Would at least make the sideline entertaining during the games watching these two argue while they try to rebuild the program. 

I' wouldn't make a good coach. I'd just walk back and forth poking with a sharp stick looking for a reaction.

Some are easier to get to jump than others.....

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, croz6110 said:

Keep telling yourself all this good stuff! Your taxes gonna go down too aint they? Be careful my kids go to a consolidated school, 25 years now since it has been done. I know what happens!

1 hour ago, MainStreetBengal said:

Keep telling yourself all this good stuff! Your taxes gonna go down too aint they? Be careful my kids go to a consolidated school, 25 years now since it has been done. I know what happens!

This right here is the truth !! I came from the big schools and you become nothing but a number 

15 hours ago, Reynard said:

What would you call a big school?

Consolidation of SC and G-ville would still ne smaller the LA/MC and DC.

Exactly! Consolidation would put them still smaller than the schools listed. Carthage competes against them already so the only change would be gville. School would be bigger but it would still have that small town feel to it. No matter how you look at it, it’s still Smith County, everyone knows everyone and these kids grow up playing sports together and winning together. Football is the only sport they’re ever truly separated from pee-wee up.