Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

Smith County has a very long tradition. I believe with the right leadership and a few years, this program can be back where it was just a few short years ago. This new region we will be in, some look at it and squirm. I look at it as none of those teams are what they use to be. Including Smith County. It is a perfect time for a new person to step in and bring this program back to life. I want to thank Coach Murray for all he did with this program. Lets keep our fingers crossed that the right person is hired for the job and we get back to our winning ways. We are now moved to the west side of the state per T$$AA, so atleast we wouldn't see the recruiting powerhouse from the eastside till the Championship. Lets keep it on the real for now and worry about a new coach and finalize our season for next year. Go Big Owls!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, glover said:

Smith County has a very long tradition. I believe with the right leadership and a few years, this program can be back where it was just a few short years ago. This new region we will be in, some look at it and squirm. I look at it as none of those teams are what they use to be. Including Smith County. It is a perfect time for a new person to step in and bring this program back to life. I want to thank Coach Murray for all he did with this program. Lets keep our fingers crossed that the right person is hired for the job and we get back to our winning ways. We are now moved to the west side of the state per T$$AA, so atleast we wouldn't see the recruiting powerhouse from the eastside till the Championship. Lets keep it on the real for now and worry about a new coach and finalize our season for next year. Go Big Owls!!!

giphy.gif

I can get behind most of this, but we have some deeper problems around here than just our coach. Something you said was with a few years... Apparently the way things are currently, you’re not guaranteed a few years if you make the wrong people mad. I’m not sure the type of coach we need is going to be interested knowing how this all went down.

As far as the right leadership, who do you have in mind?

On 11/12/2020 at 9:21 PM, Reynard said:

Yea, it's true alright. it didn't take but 14 years to run Maynord off for playing the wrong kids and not bowing to the boosters, :roflol::roflol:

Your knowledge of all things SC is amazing., The closest you ever got to Smith County id Prichett's Grocery, and that's in Dekalb Co..  

This dude sounds slow 

Half of these options are horrible. Although, It makes complete sense that no one would want to coach at SC. Carthage can’t even get former alumni with family in the program to come back and coach. With this new region they should have kept Murray for another year or two because they may have a tough time getting the coach they really want at the moment. I know people in Carthage (Gordonsville people wanted Murray to stay lol)  who hated the hire when it happened and were excited when the new regions got released because they thought it would lead to a quicker fire of Murray. But in my opinion with the new regions I don’t see any appeal for anyone wanting to come to Carthage. Whoever mentioned Hackett, Watson, Gentry is just stupid. None of those guys would leave there great jobs, with good talent and better pay to get pounded from the bleachers every game at SC. It just doesn’t make any sense. 

However, I did like where someone mentioned SC needs to be playing the local schools like MC, Dekalb,  H20, Upperman and Tc every year. 

The best option for SC is to hope and pray Dyer will take the job otherwise the little talent Carthage has will be going to Gville in the following years. 

Edited by PiddyDaFull

4 hours ago, Reynard said:

Ole king of the north needs a compass. North of what?? 

Looks like he may be from around H2O. Seems to know all things H2O as well as SC and parrots what he hears.

Don’t take much to figure SC out, just step outside it and listen. It’s amazing what people outside of the county say and know but talk to people in Smith County, family members/friends to be exact, and they’re clueless. A lot of outside people can call what is about to happen way before locals there can. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Reynard said:

How is it you claim to be so in tune with all things is Smith County?  You must work at Bonnell or Grant Cedar Mill and be listening to all that Gville  gossip.

Because unlike you I have people I am close with outside of my little ole team and I also like keeping up with teams close to us. Once again people talk and I have been inside that stadium and at other games that Carthage has played in and stood and listened to the idiots I mean bleacher coaches. What's really bad is that Gordonsville is the premier job in that county. Carthage fans are alot like UT fans they think think this job is actually a better job than it truly is. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Because unlike you I have people I am close with outside of my little ole team and I also like keeping up with teams close to us. Once again people talk and I have been inside that stadium and at other games that Carthage has played in and stood and listened to the idiots I mean bleacher coaches. What's really bad is that Gordonsville is the premier job in that county. Carthage fans are alot like UT fans they think think this job is actually a better job than it truly is. 

You just confirmed what I said. You listening to gossip and parroting what you hear not really knowing anything. Every team has it's, as you call them,  idiots / bleacher coaches and evidently you listen to them.

You admitting that you listen to idiots lends a lot of creditability to your assessment of SC.:roflol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PiddyDaFull said:

Half of these options are horrible. Although, It makes complete sense that no one would want to coach at SC. Carthage can’t even get former alumni with family in the program to come back and coach. With this new region they should have kept Murray for another year or two because they may have a tough time getting the coach they really want at the moment. I know people in Carthage (Gordonsville people wanted Murray to stay lol)  who hated the hire when it happened and were excited when the new regions got released because they thought it would lead to a quicker fire of Murray. But in my opinion with the new regions I don’t see any appeal for anyone wanting to come to Carthage. Whoever mentioned Hackett, Watson, Gentry is just stupid. None of those guys would leave there great jobs, with good talent and better pay to get pounded from the bleachers every game at SC. It just doesn’t make any sense. 

However, I did like where someone mentioned SC needs to be playing the local schools like MC, Dekalb,  H20, Upperman and Tc every year. 

The best option for SC is to hope and pray Dyer will take the job otherwise the little talent Carthage has will be going to Gville in the following years. 

So, in your opinion.. #1 they should have kept Murray for another year or two because they may have a tough time getting the coach they really want....and #2,,with the new regions, you don't see any appeal for anyone wanting to come to Carthage ......if I read right.  Looking at you opinions and logic,  letting the program sink a little lower or maintaining the current status a year or 2 would make it even more appealing ,   

47 minutes ago, Reynard said:

You just confirmed what I said. You listening to gossip and parroting what you hear not really knowing anything. Every team has it's, as you call them,  idiots / bleacher coaches and evidently you listen to them.

You admitting that you listen to idiots lends a lot of creditability to your assessment of SC.:roflol:

Oh I know exactly what is going on. My eyes work perfectly. It's kinda hard not listen when every play is how stupid the coaches are. I am not into bashing coaches, they know the inner workings better than people like you.