Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

12 hours ago, Reynard said:

So.....you think  SC just needs to just  play 1A games,  Wait, that won't work  G-ville won this year, so we cant compete in 1A,  How bout this, let's make this easy for you. Just go ahead and say,  fire Barry,  rehire Murray, and schedule Fork Rivers, Defeated, Union Heights RBD and Pickett,   

No, I think wins are more important than rivalries and gates right now. Don’t get me wrong, I love rivalries, but it’s not a rivalry if one team isn’t competitive. If you want to build a program, you better win. The kids walking the hallway don’t care who you beat, but they care if you can’t win. You guys act like you have no idea how this works. Kids don’t want labeled as “losers”, so they would rather walk the hall than play for a program that continues to lose. But you’re right... schedule the local teams, continue to lose, and see what happens to the program. You guys are incredulous and your inability to see beyond the end of your nose is the reason we are where we are. Your desire for things to be the way they used to supersedes the common sense to get back there. 

23 minutes ago, DirtyBird18 said:

No, I think wins are more important than rivalries and gates right now. Don’t get me wrong, I love rivalries, but it’s not a rivalry if one team isn’t competitive. If you want to build a program, you better win. The kids walking the hallway don’t care who you beat, but they care if you can’t win. You guys act like you have no idea how this works. Kids don’t want labeled as “losers”, so they would rather walk the hall than play for a program that continues to lose. But you’re right... schedule the local teams, continue to lose, and see what happens to the program. You guys are incredulous and your inability to see beyond the end of your nose is the reason we are where we are. Your desire for things to be the way they used to supersedes the common sense to get back there. 

4 losing seasons in the last 20 years or more. Three of those in the past 4 years. 2020-18-16. So, think for a minute and tell me,  what changed?  Apparently if they were walking the halls ( or playing somewhere else) it was for some other reason other than winning because they were winning don't ya think?  I think most know exactly how it works. You can not build a program with smoke and mirrors as you suggest. Ever year every team loses key players in highschool. Those cupcakes you want  to build a program on may not be cupcakes very long, then where are you??  

1 minute ago, Reynard said:

4 losing seasons in the last 20 years or more. Three of those in the past 4 years. 2020-18-16. So, think for a minute and tell me,  what changed?  Apparently if they were walking the halls ( or playing somewhere else) it was for some other reason other than winning because they were winning don't ya think?  I think most know exactly how it works. You can not build a program with smoke and mirrors as you suggest. Ever year every team loses key players in highschool. Those cupcakes you want  to build a program on may not be cupcakes very long, then where are you??  

Scheduling is done in two year intervals. Two year intervals. Two year. Two. 

10 minutes ago, DirtyBird18 said:

Scheduling is done in two year intervals. Two year intervals. Two year. Two. 

You just made my point for me....Look at the scores from MC and G-ville last year. Now look at this years. Or just look at G-ville, one of those little 1A program that apparently you want to play weekly

The last 2 years, TWO years. Two.  Smoke and mirrors will not work...scheduling down has never worked,  

I don’t believe Smith County is as far away as some believe. Discipline, teaching fundamentals, a consistent defensive and offensive scheme and buy in to the process by the community. Not flash, flare and easy schedules. That’s how the Owls used to do it and how their traditional rivals stay competitive. In saying that, the community needs to realize that’s not all gonna happen in one year. 

1 hour ago, Reynard said:

You just made my point for me....Look at the scores from MC and G-ville last year. Now look at this years. Or just look at G-ville, one of those little 1A program that apparently you want to play weekly

The last 2 years, TWO years. Two.  Smoke and mirrors will not work...scheduling down has never worked,  

You truly are an idiot. I never said play down, I said schedule winnable games. I said we can’t compete in 2A because that’s your local reference and we can’t beat them. Should’ve scheduled some winnable games and then worried about your “local” games. Idiots. I am surrounded by illiterate idiots. 

1 hour ago, DirtyBird18 said:

You truly are an idiot. I never said play down, I said schedule winnable games. I said we can’t compete in 2A because that’s your local reference and we can’t beat them. Should’ve scheduled some winnable games and then worried about your “local” games. Idiots. I am surrounded by illiterate idiots. 

:roflol: Dummybird.  

6 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I don’t believe Smith County is as far away as some believe. Discipline, teaching fundamentals, a consistent defensive and offensive scheme and buy in to the process by the community. Not flash, flare and easy schedules. That’s how the Owls used to do it and how their traditional rivals stay competitive. In saying that, the community needs to realize that’s not all gonna happen in one year. 

...or two.