McKenzie at Peabody

BigTTowner

On 11/21/2020 at 6:41 PM, VOLnWTN said:

And we still trying to figure out the two flags on the fake punt.  We watched it 3 times in the booth and Peabody crew on Facebook even said they didn’t see it.  But that is part of the game.  

I felt the same way until I took a closer look at the screen.  During the fake punt, there was an obvious block in the back.  Our guy got by the tackle and was pushed in the back.  Take a closer look.  That game will go down as a classic that we will never forget.  Something tells me that McKenzie may very well have big success next year.  ONCE AGAIN-----BLOCK IN THE BACK!

On 11/21/2020 at 8:42 PM, Goldenpride said:

Yes! From what I was told was they called an ineligible player down field on that fake. Lots of decisions from the refs were questionable. I’m just glad that ref did throw the PI call because I’ve seen some refs ignore that call all together if it wasn’t a more blatant call

BLOCK IN THE BACK.  

52 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I know McKenzie had to score because they were trailing.  Fortunately they scored fast and left us with 1:40 seconds.  Best 2 minute drill I have ever seen in Highschool.  Hats off to our team and our coaches.

Wait that mean we suck right? Oh no that actually means we are very well rounded and pull out the close one almost like a pro !!!! 

1 hour ago, PHSRollTide said:

I told my dad the same thing. IMO it was like watching a college 2 minute drill. 

I would like to us go uptempo on the offense more often like woods did when he was at Trenton. He would push defenses hard. It hard  for the defense and coaches to adjust in high school when you go uptempo 

On 11/21/2020 at 8:40 PM, BigTTowner said:

And the holding call that negated another TD we had!!!

The home team usually gets the best calls.  Ask McKenzie fans or their opponents.  But in the case of Friday night, penalties offset each other but it caused us 2 TDs. If you take mistakes from both teams and it plays out.  Score is Peabody 28-14

On 11/21/2020 at 10:15 PM, VOLnWTN said:

Not an ineligible down field... per one of Peabodys coaches that agrees he could not see any type of penalty on the fake punt...they called pass interference on Peabody and a block in the back on McKenzie.  No where on the film are either of these evident.  

If you go back and look closely, you will see the PUSH in the BACK

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I would like to us go uptempo on the offense more often like woods did when he was at Trenton. He would push defenses hard. It hard  for the defense and coaches to adjust in high school when you go uptempo 

Taylor will have a good game plan.  Just wait and see.  Early in the game Driggers over threw open receivers and did not play like we are accustomed to seeing him play.  But when it came to gut check time, he played like a seasoned vet.  I think this will allow Coach Taylor and Jacobs more leverage with Driggers in this game.  If we would have used that type of offense the whole game, no way the game would have ever been in question.  Fans think we know our players, but coaches know their players.  With this type of win over a solid McKenzie team, Driggers is now battle tested.  

Edited by Golddoctor