Round 3 of Round 3: TC at H2O

tcjacket13

5 hours ago, OldYellowJacket said:

I think I can probably help you with several years. I will check my old yearbooks. Have you checked with John Oliver? He collects old yearbooks for the Trousdale County Historical Society. Tommy Rush has a lot of TCHS history too.

I’ve reached out to both but finding time between work and family to go and search the info is scarce. Mrs. MVP keeps this dude business with home projects quite often. But yes if you happen to have any of these years and could send a picture my way, I’d greatly appreciate it. If I can ever get the whole landscape put together, I plan to turn my file over to the board of education so the can put it to their website. 

41 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

You’ve missed a bunch of TC postings then... There is a couple that are very vocal about TC’s coaches.

Its part of the job... anytime you take any kind of leadership role whether it be coaching kids or managing adults.. there will always be some people who think they can do it better than you and in reality don’t have a clue what the job truly intels... I deal with it daily myself!

If a coach or a leader can’t take criticism..  (got to take it for what it’s worth which is nothing) they are probably in the wrong profession. Just remember you’re everyone’s favorite when you’re winning, but everyone’s scapegoat when you’re not!

That’s part of the deal if you’re a coach. Fans have been critiquing coaches since they stitched the first ball together. Of course some fans are idiots. 

H2O fans complaining about the 2 penalties. From my position I couldn’t see the blindside block. Was for sure thankful for it but you all May have a case. So complain away.  But the 2nd was an illegal procedure. I could not see it but I believe someone said the tackle was lined up too deep. That means you only had 6 men on the line of scrimmage when 7 are required. This is a live ball foul and a flag is thrown at the snap. If there is a false start, that’s a pre-snap penalty and we wouldn’t have a play.  Then as for the no call on the deep pass. That i did see as it happened right in from on me. TC kid played the ball and had his back to the WR if I remember correctly. All in all, the officials basically stayed out of the game. I mean they only had 3 flags. I saw holds on both sides but they let them go. 

1 hour ago, kingofthenorth said:

Maybe you should go up to the high school and offer your services. Everyone on this site is a critic of coaches. Not a single one you have the guts to tell your actual thoughts to all the any of the coaches. I am speaking for all coaches. Get on here and trash talk each other and talk about the game, but don't get on here and bash coaches. I am 100% willing to bet that none of you have the gumption to make calls or understand the ins and outs of why they do what they do. I will say this I haven't seen where TC folks bash their coaches.....so that leaves who?

Parents from Watertown and a couple other places in the area never want to blame the players when they lose. They only want to blame the coaches. “It can’t be my Johnny’s fault”. Let’s face it over half of the people on this site know absolutely nothing about what it takes to game plan and prepare 60 teenagers to play a really good football team. 

I was once told X’s and O’s cannot always fix Jimmies and Joes.

Although we have some really good athletes, last night we did not play very well. I hate it when people want to blame a team sport loss on specific people, whether it’s players or staff.

TC played a near perfect ball game and we did not. It is what it is and it’s back to the drawing board for next year. I thought the coaches did a dang good job last night and I thought a majority of the players played very hard but only a couple of them played very well. I bet everyone that is affiliated with the team has thought all day about things they could have done differently. But to beat teams like TC we have to have more than 2-3 guys play their best game. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

H2O fans complaining about the 2 penalties. From my position I couldn’t see the blindside block. Was for sure thankful for it but you all May have a case. So complain away.  But the 2nd was an illegal procedure. I could not see it but I believe someone said the tackle was lined up too deep. That means you only had 6 men on the line of scrimmage when 7 are required. This is a live ball foul and a flag is thrown at the snap. If there is a false start, that’s a pre-snap penalty and we wouldn’t have a play.  Then as for the no call on the deep pass. That i did see as it happened right in from on me. TC kid played the ball and had his back to the WR if I remember correctly. All in all, the officials basically stayed out of the game. I mean they only had 3 flags. I saw holds on both sides but they let them go. 

Refs did a fantastic job of letting the boys play. And I thank them for that.

But to only throw 3 penalties the whole entire game on one drive which killed all of our momentum seems a bit bush league. This allowed TC to go down and take the lead before the half.

The blindside block was an awful call but it’s okay because bad calls happen sometimes. The kid was in position to sack Cousino and Watts hit him straight in the numbers. 

The pre snap penalty in my opinion was also bogus. I realize it is an illegal formation but the TC tackles were lined up the same way all night. Our left tackle has lined up the same way all year long and not one flag. I think it had to have got called because TC coaches saw it because he was on there side. They were probably in the ear of the ref and he dropped his flag because of it. 

I did not have a good view of the pass play before the half so I will not comment on that.

I just find it really hard to believe that TC has had penalty issues all season but did not have a single holding call when they ran the ball every single play. That seems nearly impossible.

But like I said last night you never know what the refs will do and if we had played our best game the calls would not have mattered. The refs stayed out of the game and TC played a near perfect ball game because of it. Props to them.

Edited by PiddyDaFull
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BCB~MVP said:

I’ve reached out to both but finding time between work and family to go and search the info is scarce. Mrs. MVP keeps this dude business with home projects quite often. But yes if you happen to have any of these years and could send a picture my way, I’d greatly appreciate it. If I can ever get the whole landscape put together, I plan to turn my file over to the board of education so the can put it to their website. 

I have yearbooks from 53 to 64 which I think will include the football schedules and scores for each season (during previous year - e.g., 53 yearbook will hopefully include the 52 season schedule and results). 

I think you can tell John Oliver the years for the yearbooks you want to see, and he can tell you if he has them. I assume he would let you or someone else come and make copies of the pages with the schedules. 

Mark Presley has lots of Trousdale County/Hartsville pictures, but I don't know if he actually has the sources of his pictures (e.g., yearbooks) or if he just borrows or gets the pictures from the people who have the yearbooks. 

1 hour ago, OldYellowJacket said:

I have yearbooks from 53 to 64 which I think will include the football schedules and scores for each season (during previous year - e.g., 53 yearbook will hopefully include the 52 season schedule and results). 

I think you can tell John Oliver the years for the yearbooks you want to see, and he can tell you if he has them. I assume he would let you or someone else come and make copies of the pages with the schedules. 

Mark Presley has lots of Trousdale County/Hartsville pictures, but I don't know if he actually has the sources of his pictures (e.g., yearbooks) or if he just borrows or gets the pictures from the people who have the yearbooks. 

Sent you a private message 

3 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

My issue with the illegal procedure penalty was if the H2O tackle was lined up too deep then the Trousdale right guard was as well. There was times his helmet was barely on the center much less breaking the plane. If you gonna call it then you got to call it both ways. Regardless other than momentum the penalties aren’t what best H20. They didn’t make the plays they needed to make and Trousdale did. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

My issue with the illegal procedure penalty was if the H2O tackle was lined up too deep then the Trousdale right guard was as well. There was times his helmet was barely on the center much less breaking the plane. If you gonna call it then you got to call it both ways. Regardless other than momentum the penalties aren’t what best H20. They didn’t make the plays they needed to make and Trousdale did. 

Can’t disagree. I honestly didn’t see the formation. Just tried to explain the ruling and learn some peeps some official knowledge! 

8 hours ago, FootballFan4life75 said:

Decided it was best for me to give myself a cooling down period before I posted. TC beat us, but not with out help. The refs were BS to be nice 2 crap calls back to back, neither one were correct call. Ref running the chains told they were bad calls. No calls on TV, left tackle moved all night, no call #3 for TC stood over everyone he tackled and taunting them, no flag. PI on the pass in the end zone, hit the receiver before ball ever got close. All I've heard from TC fans is how many penalties ya'll had all year and then NONE. 

Coaching on Watertown side, the superman diving by our D-line is the dumbest thing to call ever, it takes 4-5 players out of the play on the start and if your LB get lost in the shuffle then it leaves the middle wide open. All year and for the last few years H20 has put the smallest possible kids on the D-line, thats the dumbest move ever, put your big boys up there and clog up the holes, have you LB contain the edge. 

Offensive playing late in 4th quarter down a score. 1st and goal on the 8 and we throw the ball 4 straight times? No one freaking run, and we throw to the player thats getting doubled covered? TC lives in Websters head in the playoffs and he'll never get them out of his head. Go Megis! 

This is sweet manna from heaven. :hungry:

13 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Snoballs have you had them jackets chasing chickens and lifting weights? I garuntee

Roy, this game was exactly like rocky iii 

of course trousdale is rocky because we are the good guys that always win the important fight and are good looking enough to carry multiple films*

and of course the water city aau tigers are mr. T(ranfers) because they are only tough in the first fight and they don’t have the skill set or cinematic tradition to be more than a single film gimmick.

it was so obvious what was going to happen that I didn’t even get on here to remind myself how silly these water city people are.

cold weather just makes water city people kind of a trophy.

not like a championship trophy, but the kind in baby birds when the big one just takes the little ones food away and the little one never grows any but gets a trophy before the big one just shoves him out of the playoffs because he’s too little and weak.

that kind of a trophy. the bad water city baby bird kind.

anyways my chickens are all strong and healthy because that rankins boy chases and catches them all day and night. 

since I knew what was gonna happen this week like everybody else did, I let the chickens have the weak off.

but the yolks on them cuz coach Blake is gonna feed all them chickens to that rankins boy and his linemen next week. I garuntee he is.