Round 3 of Round 3: TC at H2O

tcjacket13

2 minutes ago, biggest said:

Missed opportunities are part of the game.  Tc made plays and Watertown didn't when they had chances. Tc was the better team fri night. The thing I didn't like was h20 body language at times. Everyone talking about not seeing a couple wr open on our last drive but tc dline was sucking wind I thought maybe we should went with Carter running there.  If Hicks doesn't go out does cam get 30 carries probably not. Regardless tc was better fri night.  They are a championship program they set the standard in the area. Watertown has found away to compete on the same field as them. Huge props to the coaches at Watertown. 

Talking about it  because that's what it was .. can't leave points on the field in those situations..you will lose everytime 

4 minutes ago, biggest said:

Missed opportunities are part of the game.  Tc made plays and Watertown didn't when they had chances. Tc was the better team fri night. The thing I didn't like was h20 body language at times. Everyone talking about not seeing a couple wr open on our last drive but tc dline was sucking wind I thought maybe we should went with Carter running there.  If Hicks doesn't go out does cam get 30 carries probably not. Regardless tc was better fri night.  They are a championship program they set the standard in the area. Watertown has found away to compete on the same field as them. Huge props to the coaches at Watertown. 

The best team may not always win. The team that is successful in seizing their opportunities will usually win between two good teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TCRadio said:

I’m listening for those transfers? And you are right about H2O missed opportunities but TC also missed a couple opportunities 

Hicks and Pickett are not TC.  They just magically appeared a few years back.

Watertown are sore losers, no doubt about that, but stop acting like TC doesn't play the game Watertown does.  Nothing worse than a full blown homer who pretends to be impartial and above it.  Also, that blind eye turned to the off the field activities of some of the starters this year is not a good look either.   

49 minutes ago, ghostofthepast said:

Hicks and Pickett are not TC.  They just magically appeared a few years back.

Watertown are sore losers, no doubt about that, but stop acting like TC doesn't play the game Watertown does.  Nothing worse than a full blown homer who pretends to be impartial and above it.  Also, that blind eye turned to the off the field activities of some of the starters this year is not a good look either.   

Dude literally no one has a clue what you are talking about with the off field activities this year, I won’t lie yeah I’m a homer, and as for the transfers Pickett did transfer from Lebanon, Hicks transferred from White county but his dad was a standout on one of TC state championship teams... you should know that if you from TC, and I wish we could play the same game H2O does, they have kids that aren’t “good enough” for MJ, Lebanon, Central etc, that they can get to come start for them, only school we have in county is Trousdale County High School 

Edited by TCRadio
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Dude literally no one has a clue what you are talking about with the off field activities this year, I won’t lie yeah I’m a homer, and as for the transfers Pickett did transfer from Lebanon, Hicks transferred from White county but his dad was a standout on one of TC state championship teams... you should know that if you from TC, and I wish we could play the same game H2O does, they have kids that aren’t “good enough” for MJ, Lebanon, Central etc, that they can get to come start for them, only school we have in county is Trousdale County High School 

which ones?

51 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Cmon man. If we got those kids we would win state every year. I am almost positive every starter on this years team came from Watertown Middle School. We get tuckers kids now but they don’t even have a football team over there so those kids usually play other sports.

I don’t know why someone came on here talking about TC transfers either. That’s just dumb. We lost get over it. You guys get 2-3 every year but that’s just part of it. That’s what happens when you have a program with tradition like TC. 

Only player I can think of that has transferred and contributed is Deramus Carey last year but he came from Rutherford and it wasn’t even because of football.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

One important ingredient of having a championship program year in and year out like TC,  is churning out players that eventually become TSSAA referees that way you have a better opportunity for one of your guys to get picked to officiate playoff games. Theres a TC grad in most middle TN football games around the midstate every Friday night dressed in black and white according to watertown fans.

quality post.

3 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

One important ingredient of having a championship program year in and year out like TC,  is churning out players that eventually become TSSAA referees that way you have a better opportunity for one of your guys to get picked to officiate playoff games. Theres a TC grad in most middle TN football games around the midstate every Friday night dressed in black and white according to watertown fans.

Clear case of Jacket envy

11 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Clear case of Jacket envy

I disagree. We only had one guy on here complain about the refs and someone set him straight. 
Those 2 flags on the one drive were questionable to say the least and killed our momentum but it’s not like they were tossing flags left and right. They did a great job of letting both sides play. 

Edited by takeittothebank23