Haywood vs ripley rematch round 3

Kruger77

5 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Only ppl with real knowledge of the game can say that. It’s the ones who don’t know lol and that pisses them off 

96.3 picking them to lose to Dyersburg for one and then kind of dissing them in this week's preview over Covid wins. I hope everyone keeps overlooking them because they are hitting their stride.

1 minute ago, stacmot said:

Have they already set region schedules?  I agree, it should be a good one. 

Yes they have. I heard them announce Milan and South Gibson’s on the Milan radio station this morning. I know Milan has South Gibson week 3, Haywood week 5, Crockett week 7, Obion week 9 and North Side week 11. Don’t know what yalls is. Now we all have to find 5 non region games. That will be the tricky part. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes they have. I heard them announce Milan and South Gibson’s on the Milan radio station this morning. I know Milan has South Gibson week 3, Haywood week 5, Crockett week 7, Obion week 9 and North Side week 11. Don’t know what yalls is. Now we all have to find 5 non region games. That will be the tricky part. 

Cool.  I doubt they will make any kind of public announcement about Haywood's until later.  Readyrebel6 seems to have some inside information. so maybe he knows.

It will be tough scheduling non-region opponents for sure.  Haywood (like Milan) doesn't have a lot of luck getting area teams to play them.

Y'all will still probably have your rival games with Peabody and Huntingdon, so you  might only have to find 3.  From what little I've heard, it sounds like some of our traditional rivals are a no now that they don't have to play us.

49 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Cool.  I doubt they will make any kind of public announcement about Haywood's until later.  Readyrebel6 seems to have some inside information. so maybe he knows.

It will be tough scheduling non-region opponents for sure.  Haywood (like Milan) doesn't have a lot of luck getting area teams to play them.

Y'all will still probably have your rival games with Peabody and Huntingdon, so you  might only have to find 3.  From what little I've heard, it sounds like some of our traditional rivals are a no now that they don't have to play us.

We will prolly play Henry county again, maybe Germantown, maybe briarcrest again or olive branch 

Not that my opinion matters, but I would like to see the series with Henry Co. continue.  One or two games with any of the Region 8-6A independent districts would be interesting. We've played Collierville and Bartlett during the regular season in years past, and as I have said on numerous occasions, I would also love to see the Covington-Haywood rivalry renewed. 

We've played regular season games with Germantown in years past as well, but considering the Shelby County Schools decision not to play this year, I  wouldn't think anyone would want to schedule a game with any Shelby County public school.  I hope not, but we could still be dealing with Covid next year, and no one needs to be left scrambling for games if the SCS should make that decision again.  

Go Tomcats!

There's an interesting quote I remember reading in the August 21, 2020 edition of the Millington Star.  http://www.millington-news.com/?p=8397

Near the end of the article, Millington head Coach Chris Michael made the following statement about Ripley, “They have a really good football team.  “This is the year they’re going to rock that district up there and make Haywood work for it.”

Ripley does have a good team, and  I'd like to commend Coach Michael on his insight.  However, I would also like to let Coach Michael know that Haywood has always worked for it, and will continue to do so.  

Go Tomcats!

48 minutes ago, stacmot said:

There's an interesting quote I remember reading in the August 21, 2020 edition of the Millington Star.  http://www.millington-news.com/?p=8397

Near the end of the article, Millington head Coach Chris Michael made the following statement about Ripley, “They have a really good football team.  “This is the year they’re going to rock that district up there and make Haywood work for it.”

Ripley does have a good team, and  I'd like to commend Coach Michael on his insight.  However, I would also like to let Coach Michael know that Haywood has always worked for it, and will continue to do so.  

Go Tomcats!

Millington is hardly a gauge for anyone's football team. And like you said, Haywood has always worked for it. It never comes easy for the Tomcats, lol