3rd Round, Nolensville @ Tullahoma

TTownFan50

16 minutes ago, TheOldestKnight said:

I keep hearing about the fact that Nolensville has more students.  Tullahoma has 1090, NHS has 1276.  Not a huge difference.  Also keep in mind that at least 3 players who are zoned for NHS and would be starters are playing for Ravenwood due to grandfathering.  While it is true that NHS has a few more students, does 23 more boys per grade really represent a competitive advantage?  I think not.  The Bottom-Line more students or not, Tullahoma has the superior team and it would take a near perfect performance from NHS to win this game.  I am hoping that it is a game in the 4th.  Tullahoma has not faced that this season, it would be interesting to see how they would respond.

On average schools get about 8-10 players for every 100 kids.  So 200 more kids would equal 16-20 more kids on the team.  So I would say yes that does make a difference.  

I also think comparing any team to the Alicia's or Maryvilles is not a valid comparison.  Especially when open zoning comes in to play.  

The new 4A classification ranges from 762 students to 1114.  By you logic, the lower half of those enrollment numbers will never have a chance.  That just isn't true.  Of course more students give you more options, but the classifications are meant to "normalize" things as much as possible.  The range in the new 4A is twice as large as the range between Tullahoma and NHS.  Forget about the numbers focus on the teams.  Tullahoma is the better team.  Elizabethton is probably better than both, but this year they have to make the long trip the day after Thanksgiving, let's see how they respond to that whichever team they play.

15 minutes ago, TheOldestKnight said:

The new 4A classification ranges from 762 students to 1114.  By you logic, the lower half of those enrollment numbers will never have a chance.  That just isn't true.  Of course more students give you more options, but the classifications are meant to "normalize" things as much as possible.  The range in the new 4A is twice as large as the range between Tullahoma and NHS.  Forget about the numbers focus on the teams.  Tullahoma is the better team.  Elizabethton is probably better than both, but this year they have to make the long trip the day after Thanksgiving, let's see how they respond to that whichever team they play.

I know NHS was saying the road trip hurt them and I’m sure it was to some degree but we turned around the next weekend and rode a bus to Cookeville and stomped Springfield so I’m not sure a bus ride is an excuse. 

8 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I know NHS was saying the road trip hurt them and I’m sure it was to some degree but we turned around the next weekend and rode a bus to Cookeville and stomped Springfield so I’m not sure a bus ride is an excuse. 

Student numbers, bus rides, this will all play itself out on the field. Let’s all just PRAY we can stay healthy, avoid injuries and the C & T words, and actually get to play football, with all of our players, and see how this unfolds. First, we need to handle our business 16. The Greene monster is coming to town. Then we can plan a road trip. (I took off next Friday)

8 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Your coach said in an interview earlier this season that the road trip for the Semi's this year makes it much tougher to get to the championship game.  No, it was not the reason that Elizabethton won, but it IS a factor, as you will see next Friday night.

3 minutes ago, TheOldestKnight said:

Your coach said in an interview earlier this season that the road trip for the Semi's this year makes it much tougher to get to the championship game.  No, it was not the reason that Elizabethton won, but it IS a factor, as you will see next Friday night.

What do you expect a coach to say???  Kind of like saying the team your playing that week is much better than their 3-7 record.  It’s coach’s speak.