3rd Round, Nolensville @ Tullahoma

TTownFan50

5 minutes ago, hollowman said:

Cakeman - 

Be happy for Tullahoma and the success they're having this season.  Enjoy another Friday night getting to watch your kid play, or sit, whatever little man's role is.  

Very happy for their success! Hope I get to cookeville to watch them win the first state championship ever.  No better man then John Olive.  He deserves all the success he is having.  Lots of years of hard work and disciplining kids.  Doing things the right way no matter who gets kicked off or has to be punished.  I have No Kid on the team.  Fun bunch to watch.  They play hard in all aspects of the game.  Very good team.  Junior oriented team.  They will be very successful next year too.  If you have seen practice and games over his career you would see kids crawling up and down the field at practice or pushing sleds for poor behavior.  

58 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

shallow man!  Great post!

I guess this forum is for praise only?  Pats on the back for poor behavior?  Trophy generation!  The way of the world is now, let people act it out.  No Discipline at all!  It is someone else fault for poor behavior.

shallow man????  

Grow up Cakeman.

I think Nolensville ends Tullahoma season Friday.  Hard to beat a team twice and Nolensville is reaping the success of having so many more kids than other 4A schools.  Don't get me wrong.  I hope T wins and it is great to see a school that suffered through an 0-10 season stay with their coach and now reap the rewards.

Edited by BooWhoWiseMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TTownFan50 said:

The line averages 6’ 2” - 279 pounds.  They have been together since middle school.  They are playing very well!!!

Went to the Lincoln County game. I have never seen a Tullahoma team play with a swagger like that ever. 

Things have changed a lot since our '99 team. Our largest dude was 270. I think we had 3 positions that were under 220.

57 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I think Nolensville ends Tullahoma season Friday.  Hard to beat a team twice and Nolensville is reaping the success of having so many more kids than other 4A schools.  Don't get me wrong.  I hope T wins and it is great to see a school that suffered through an 0-10 season stay with their coach and now reap the rewards.

I keep hearing about the fact that Nolensville has more students.  Tullahoma has 1090, NHS has 1276.  Not a huge difference.  Also keep in mind that at least 3 players who are zoned for NHS and would be starters are playing for Ravenwood due to grandfathering.  While it is true that NHS has a few more students, does 23 more boys per grade really represent a competitive advantage?  I think not.  The Bottom-Line more students or not, Tullahoma has the superior team and it would take a near perfect performance from NHS to win this game.  I am hoping that it is a game in the 4th.  Tullahoma has not faced that this season, it would be interesting to see how they would respond.

1 hour ago, TTownFan50 said:

The line averages 6’ 2” - 279 pounds.  They have been together since middle school.  They are playing very well!!!

So, about the same as Elizabethton’s. I heard their O-Line is the same 5 from last year. Man I hate to look ahead. But, since I’m not playing, that would be the game of the year in 4A.

1 minute ago, TheOldestKnight said:

I keep hearing about the fact that Nolensville has more students.  Tullahoma has 1090, NHS has 1276.  Not a huge difference.  Also keep in mind that at least 3 players who are zoned for NHS and would be starters are playing for Ravenwood due to grandfathering.  While it is true that NHS has a few more students, does 23 more boys per grade really represent a competitive advantage?  I think not.  The Bottom-Line more students or not, Tullahoma has the superior team and it would take a near perfect performance from NHS to win this game.  I am hoping that it is a game in the 4th.  Tullahoma has not faced that this season, it would be interesting to see how they would respond.

It didn’t seem to make a difference last year against Elizabethton. I know you lost your best receiver/db to injury in that game. But, the one time they did try to throw to him, a freshman not only defended him but picked the pass. And tell Alcoa more students means a better ball team. Let’s all be honest. How many of us were worried they would move to 4A? I bet almost all of us. Heck, Pearl Cohan could be trouble next year. But I do agree, if it is a four quarter game, it will be interesting to see how The Cats respond. Both physically and mentally. 

11 minutes ago, TheOldestKnight said:

Pearl Cohan - 648

Alcoa - 655

Elizabethton - 856

And I bet each one would beat or give Nolensville a run for their money.