3rd Round, Nolensville @ Tullahoma

TTownFan50

Ok, back on topic. Tullahoma had their 3rd highest rushing total in the first matchup with Nolensville. Nolensville did benefit from a Tullahoma fumble inside the 25 and a mishandled FG attempt which took a potential 10 pts off the board for Tullahoma. In the 2nd half, Tullahoma was missing a couple of key players also. The key for Tullahoma is keeping 11 from running all over the field. Tullahoma chased that kid all night long. He is a good ball player. The winner of this ballgame will get the benefit of hosting either Elizabethton or Greeneville. Being able to stay home and not have to make a 4/5 hour drive has to pay some kind of dividend for either Tullahoma or Nolensville. The experience on this stage has to go to Nolensville. They still have some guys from last years team, but I think Tullahoma is just the better team this year. 

On 11/17/2020 at 8:42 AM, Lead said:

I dont know what to think of it because I wasn't there. Haven't been to a game all season. As far as "liking" that type of behavior, I dont care for it much from either team but hey, you know what they say when you assume!

Do they have unsportsmanlike penalties for taunting (waving and pointing at other team) on the high school level?  If so Tullahoma should have had two when they scored the first 2 touchdowns.  I am sure they will not punish the kid.  It looks bad on the staff for allowing that type of behavior.  Never remember a Tullahoma team allowed to act like that.

43 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

Do they have unsportsmanlike penalties for taunting (waving and pointing at other team) on the high school level?  If so Tullahoma should have had two when they scored the first 2 touchdowns.  I am sure they will not punish the kid.  It looks bad on the staff for allowing that type of behavior.  Never remember a Tullahoma team allowed to act like that.

Its a judgment call for the official.  Some call it, some don't.  Its the playoffs and emotions run high because it could be the last game of the season for any team.  Im proud of Tullahoma for the season they are having. Those young men have worked their tails off to get where they are now. Lets not forget that just a few short years ago they went 0-10.

38 minutes ago, Lead said:

Its a judgment call for the official.  Some call it, some don't.  Its the playoffs and emotions run high because it could be the last game of the season for any team.  Im proud of Tullahoma for the season they are having. Those young men have worked their tails off to get where they are now. Lets not forget that just a few short years ago they went 0-10.

Probably even more of a reason to be a little more humble and not act that way by waving in the face of people and pointing at them when you score.  I agree with you emotions run high.  Get to the end zone hand the ball to the official and go celebrate with your teammates.  

2 hours ago, Cakeman said:

Cakeman,

WHY?!?!?!?  Why are you so insistent on stirring up a mess on your kid's football team? Why?  Did your child get beat out by someone?  Perhaps it was by the kid you keep referring to and have it in for????  I bet you're the dad that thinks he can coach football.  I bet you're the dad that easily passes out blame to a coach or your child's teammate for his athletic shortcomings.

There's obviously some type of bitterness towards the program, a coach, or an individual you harbor.  It's sad to see that the team your son plays for has a chance to play for a couple more weeks, and here you are stirring up some kind of mess. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, hollowman said:

Cakeman,

WHY?!?!?!?  Why are you so insistent on stirring up a mess on your kid's football team? Why?  Did your child get beat out by someone?  Perhaps it was by the kid you keep referring to and have it in for????  I bet you're the dad that thinks he can coach football.  I bet you're the dad that easily passes out blame to a coach or your child's teammate for his athletic shortcomings.

There's obviously some type of bitterness towards the program, a coach, or an individual you harbor.  It's sad to see that the team your son plays for has a chance to play for a couple more weeks, and here you are stirring up some kind of mess. 

Agreed. I remember this guy from earlier in the season. It's a game. Let the kids have fun and the coaches put the players on the field that give the best chance to win. It's not life or death, it's supposed to be fun. Marshall County has gotten personal fouls galore in multiple games this year against big competition and maybe the kid from Tullahoma wanted to give a little extra back to them. These are kids man, they are playing a game, lighten up. If your child really is on the football team then enjoy these times. You will regret being bitter when you could have just sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed a state championship run. 

35 minutes ago, hollowman said:

Cakeman,

I enjoy watching High school FB.  I have a hard time with kids controlling the program.  Holding them hostage.  No kid on the team.  I have seen 20 years plus of Tullahoma FB and Practice.  Seen plenty of kids punished over the years for less.  But not this one?!?!  

27 minutes ago, vuau1989 said:

Agreed. I remember this guy from earlier in the season. It's a game. Let the kids have fun and the coaches put the players on the field that give the best chance to win. It's not life or death, it's supposed to be fun. Marshall County has gotten personal fouls galore in multiple games this year against big competition and maybe the kid from Tullahoma wanted to give a little extra back to them. These are kids man, they are playing a game, lighten up. If your child really is on the football team then enjoy these times. You will regret being bitter when you could have just sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed a state championship run. 

So its ok to act that way?  I have seen plenty of kids punished for less on Tullahoma teams over the years.  But not this one?!?!  No kid on the team.   Just a 20 year fan that has seen a lot of games and has seen a lot of kids put on the bench and punished for less.  

Great post though!

14 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

So its ok to act that way?  I have seen plenty of kids punished for less on Tullahoma teams over the years.  But not this one?!?!  No kid on the team.   Just a 20 year fan that has seen a lot of games and has seen a lot of kids put on the bench and punished for less.  

Great post though!

Cakeman - 

Be happy for Tullahoma and the success they're having this season.  Enjoy another Friday night getting to watch your kid play, or sit, whatever little man's role is.  

Just now, hollowman said:

Cakeman - 

Be happy for Tullahoma and the success they're having this season.  Enjoy another Friday night getting to watch your kid play, or sit, whatever little man's role is.  

shallow man!  Great post!

I guess this forum is for praise only?  Pats on the back for poor behavior?  Trophy generation!  The way of the world is now, let people act it out.  No Discipline at all!  It is someone else fault for poor behavior.

10 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

shallow man!  Great post!

I guess this forum is for praise only?  Pats on the back for poor behavior?  Trophy generation!  The way of the world is now, let people act it out.  No Discipline at all!  It is someone else fault for poor behavior.

No sir, not at all.  I'm just more inclined to not make an issue out of non issue stuff.  The more you speak, the more you begin to sound like a particular individual in Tullahoma that is more of a pariah than an asset.  Tread lightly friend.  

Edited by hollowman
typo