3rd Round, Nolensville @ Tullahoma

TTownFan50

Never too soon, right?  :). Tullahoma will no doubt be the prohibitive favorite (2 TD's or more) and no one outside of Nolensville will give the Knights a chance.  That's cool.  Tullahoma has earned that respect this year.  NHS was one of the few teams that didn't get completely boat raced by Tullahoma.  If they can keep their composure and force some turnovers or get some big plays, it might still be a game in the 4th.  NHS has a senior QB which helps a lot.  The offense is much improved from the start of the season as young players have matured.  Their visit to Tullahoma a few weeks ago should help them be better prepared for the onslaught.  Nothing to lose so hopefully they'll lay it all out there and play loose.  

4 hours ago, poe70 said:

No offense but I was hoping this would have been Dekalb County. It is hard enough beating one team twice in one season, let alone 2 teams. Congrats on the win. I’ll be back later on. Still trying to process what I just witnessed here in Tullahoma. 

Send me a message if you dont mind. I tried to send you one but for some reason it will not let me send it.

I was hoping for a rematch and hopefully some revenge for last years loss to DC....but on the other hand at least I don’t have to hear how DC beat Tullahoma and Nolensville last year and how much better they are this year.  Obviously that was not the case! Since Tullahoma’s last game against Nolensville a few weeks ago Nolensville  has won some tough games.  They may be the best team Tullahoma has seen all year.  In the last game Tullahoma jumped them for 22 unanswered points in the first half and It was pretty much even in the second half.  I believe we will see the second half Nolensville team this coming Friday night and expect this to be a very good game.  Tullahoma’s lineman and run game will be to much for DC and Tullahoma should win and advance to the next round.

24 minutes ago, poe70 said:

I am getting the same thing. I’m working on it. Be on the lookout. 

Will do man. Good luck to y'all next week. I'll be pulling for ya. If Tullahoma is going to get it done, this is the year. Tell them kids not to let off the gas for one second!

Edited by leadfarmer

The 29 points that NHS held Tullahoma to in the first meeting was their lowest point output of the season.  The 15 point differential was also their closest winning margin for the season.  Having said that, Tullahoma is clearly the better team.  Special teams killed the Knights in the first matchup and much work has been done to remedy that, but when you face a kid like Thomas every play can be a TD.  Nolensville will have to control the clock and try to make it a 1 quarter game.  Tullahoma has not had an ounce of fear in the 4th this year, so if that seed of doubt could be planted you never know.  The good news is that whomever wins, they DON'T have to travel to Elizabethton the day after Thanksgiving.  That trip killed the Knights in last year's Semi.  Looking forward to a fun Friday night in Tullahoma's beautiful facility.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 3:33 AM, leadfarmer said:

Send me a message if you dont mind. I tried to send you one but for some reason it will not let me send it.

Hey leadfarmer!  Another junk post for you!   What did you think about the Mr. FB Thomas, for Tullahoma, skipping into the endzone pointing at your guys on his first score and waving at them as he ran in for his second score. Being a MC guy I'm sure you like that type of behavior.    Especially with the halftime show MC gave for all the fans to see.  

57 minutes ago, Cakeman said:

Hey leadfarmer!  Another junk post for you!   What did you think about the Mr. FB Thomas, for Tullahoma, skipping into the endzone pointing at your guys on his first score and waving at them as he ran in for his second score. Being a MC guy I'm sure you like that type of behavior.    Especially with the halftime show MC gave for all the fans to see.  

I dont know what to think of it because I wasn't there. Haven't been to a game all season. As far as "liking" that type of behavior, I dont care for it much from either team but hey, you know what they say when you assume!

I don't like that kind of behavior either, but the way Marshall County plays it would push the opposition to lose control.  They are as undisciplined a team as I have ever seen.  Case in point.  They went from first and goal inside the 5 against Nolensville to third and goal from their own 37, that is right 63 yards away from the end zone.  There was a sack in there, but the rest were penalties, it went on the entire game.  They had a good enough team to beat NHS, but could not control themselves.  To me, that is a reflection of coaching, or more fully, the lack thereof.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheOldestKnight said:

I don't like that kind of behavior either, but the way Marshall County plays it would push the opposition to lose control.  They are as undisciplined a team as I have ever seen.  Case in point.  They went from first and goal inside the 5 against Nolensville to third and goal from their own 37, that is right 63 yards away from the end zone.  There was a sack in there, but the rest were penalties, it went on the entire game.  They had a good enough team to beat NHS, but could not control themselves.  To me, that is a reflection of coaching, or more fully, the lack thereof.

^^^This!