Playoffs - Quarterfinals - Oak Ridge vs West

CardinalGrey

Great effort by the Wildcats tonight, thought West had it in the bag going up 21-10, but OR came back with a nice drive to cut it to 21-17, then going up 24-21, but again West came back going up 28-24 with about 6 minutes left. The Wildcats got the go ahead score on a nice throw by Gibbons. Clutch play on 2nd and 18. Now OR needs to refocus because South-Doyle is on a roll, and has good players and coaching as well. 

Edited by Cactus Jack

20 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

OR laid it all on the line tonight, man. Blood, sweat, and tears. They expended every bit of energy they had and left it all on that field tonight. Honestly, near the end there, OR just looked like they wanted it more. That 1 play near the end where #22 had that guy on his back and carried him about 5 yards, was the definition of it. What a game plan by the staff to go 5 wide. We knew we wouldn’t have much success running the ball up the middle, so we just flung it all over the field, while still making them respect the run by putting Jackson in motion a lot. I also liked it because it gave him the chance to get a full head of steam before he received the ball when he ran it, and that makes a difference. Pretty sure our coaches watched film on the Powell/West game because I’m pretty sure they had the same game plan earlier in the year against West, and had quite a bit of success with it.

The D was outstanding. I don’t think I’ve seen an OR team improve throughout the year as much as this one has in a while. Awesome job by everyone.

You took what i was thinking and put it into words.  I was worried about the offense, and the changes the coaches had made really gave us a lot more options.  I was happy to see the pass to Preston first play of the game, and happy to see Mitchell running up the field instead of just to the sidelines.  I just felt like we were using our talent better tonight.  I'm pretty pumped up about this win.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ORcats said:

You took what i was thinking and put it into words.  I was worried about the offense, and the changes the coaches had made really gave us a lot more options.  I was happy to see the pass to Preston first play of the game, and happy to see Mitchell running up the field instead of just to the sidelines.  I just felt like we were using our talent better tonight.  I'm pretty pumped up about this win.

SD is playing fantastic. Gonna be a chore trying to stop their RB Gary. He put up 150 on the ground tonight against Central, who we all know has a great defense. 

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

SD is playing fantastic. Gonna be a chore trying to stop their RB Gary. He put up 150 on the ground tonight against Central, who we all know has a great defense. 

I didn’t know how good they are. Not surprised though.  Hope the defense can keep the intensity and bring it on. I really don’t know anything about SD except what you just said.  I guess I’m about to find out. 

Amazing job by the coaches.Ive been wanting them to spread it out for so long and they ran a perfect offense.Ive been wanting 22 to play more offense and he showed why he needs to be in there.And tonight was the 14 Ive been waiting on.He makes this team so much better when he runs the ball and they feed off his toughness. J.Adams gave his all and I was worried we would wear him down and he kept fighting.The whole defense played fast and physical.Hopefully people realize by now J.Stewart is a playmaker and as clutch as they come.This team lost some key players and never quit.I give the staff so much credit for changing up the offense and putting together a great plan on defense.Loved watching Gaddis get after the refs at half and then fire his guys up before the 2nd half kick.I dont agree with everything Gaddis does but that man loves Oak Ridge as much as anybody.RWR

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NoleNation3 said:

Some kid with a bunch of pizza said make sure and tell u to pick him up next Friday.He said you forgot him and he had to Uber to West

Ah man, are you serious. I thought for sure he was riding with you.  He wouldn't have give me a piece of pizza anyway.  I'll see you two Friday in your usual spot.  

Great effort by the Cats.  First time they have put together a solid 48 min this season.  Hopefully, we can do it again next Fri. at the Ship.  Have to take advantage of a home game in the Semi's.  Who woulda thunk it?

Edited by oridgecat

3 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Ah man, are you serious. I thought for sure he was riding with you.  He wouldn't have give me a piece of pizza anyway.  I'll see you two Friday in your usual spot.  

Great effort by the Cats.  First time they have put together a solid 48 min this season.  

Lol for sure.They really did and made it the best game I've seen in person in a long time.I didn't think we would get another game at the ship this year but I'll take it.I will see you there

2 hours ago, bounder said:

If the Zebras had of called a penalty on the pulling off of our centers helmet there would not have been a bad snap and no issues with the call either way. But it was a heck of a game played by both teams! Congratulations to both teams for a game well played. That's why us old guys still go out in the cold to see these young men play the game!

I agree. I thought Gaddis was going to stroke out after that play. He destroyed his radio set about five yards onto the field and then let the referee have it at halftime. How could the refs not see the helmet being ripped off?

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

OR laid it all on the line tonight, man. Blood, sweat, and tears. They expended every bit of energy they had and left it all on that field tonight. Honestly, near the end there, OR just looked like they wanted it more. That 1 play near the end where #22 had that guy on his back and carried him about 5 yards, was the definition of it. What a game plan by the staff to go 5 wide. We knew we wouldn’t have much success running the ball up the middle, so we just flung it all over the field, while still making them respect the run by putting Jackson in motion a lot. I also liked it because it gave him the chance to get a full head of steam before he received the ball when he ran it, and that makes a difference. Pretty sure our coaches watched film on the Powell/West game because I’m pretty sure they had the same game plan earlier in the year against West, and had quite a bit of success with it.

The D was outstanding. I don’t think I’ve seen an OR team improve throughout the year as much as this one has in a while. Awesome job by everyone. Oh yeah, and Mitchell played LIGHTS OUT. He made the perfect reads when he tucked it and ran, and threw some beauties tonight. He’s deceptively fast back there. There’s a reason he’s the All Time leading passer in terms of yardage @ OR. What a gamer he was this evening.

I agree about the offense. Where did five wides and no back come from?????  I can't imagine that West expected that!