Devils @Betsy

lawnman

2 minutes ago, ATMFAN said:

I keep hearing devils are the "underdogs" they was last week too. We know how that story ended.  Obviously y'all aren't the '17 or '18 devils but in no way would I treat it as anything but that ."underdogs" is bs 

Not BS. One team has to be the underdogs and this week it's the Devils no matter how you look at it. EHS riding a huge win streak with a big win over Greeneville earlier which could have been much worse. Greeneville IS down from previous years with a lot of younger inexperienced players as compared to previous teams while EHS brings back almost every starter. Also EHS is defending Champs so being an underdog in this game is not a bad thing. Everyone knows how good Greeneville is and that they could just as easily keep this close and etch out a win. But to say Greeneville winning would not be an upset is foolish

1 hour ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Not BS. One team has to be the underdogs and this week it's the Devils no matter how you look at it. EHS riding a huge win streak with a big win over Greeneville earlier which could have been much worse. Greeneville IS down from previous years with a lot of younger inexperienced players as compared to previous teams while EHS brings back almost every starter. Also EHS is defending Champs so being an underdog in this game is not a bad thing. Everyone knows how good Greeneville is and that they could just as easily keep this close and etch out a win. But to say Greeneville winning would not be an upset is foolish

So if "Everyone knows how good Greeneville is and that they could just as easily keep this close and etch out a win" how would it be considered foolish not to think it would be an upset? Kinda contradicting IMO. Not busting chops just interested in the thinking behind the statement. 

3 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Agreed. This year, Elizabethton is the returning state champs and have most of their weapons back.Plus,they had a convincing first game against the Devils.By no means is anyone saying Betsy can't be beat this week or in coming weeks, but yes the favorite is the home team next Friday.One might have had an argument in last year's second meeting because many really thought there wasn't a solid choice until Elizabethton proved themselves again but this isn't last year and darn sure not two years ago. 

2 hours ago, ATMFAN said:

So if "Everyone knows how good Greeneville is and that they could just as easily keep this close and etch out a win" how would it be considered foolish not to think it would be an upset? Kinda contradicting IMO. Not busting chops just interested in the thinking behind the statement. 

Simply put. To be the man you gotta beat the man! Right now as much as it pains me to say Betsy is the team to beat.  They are a veteran and experienced team and currently #1 in 4a in TN.  As EHStrack mentioned, GHS is very young and not as experienced (not yet but will be soon :D) like the 17, 18 teams.  GHS is loaded with talent and has improved/matured and it showed in the 2nd half at AC with keeping the game close and then sealing/closing the deal.  The Majority is expecting Betsy to win, so if GreenE ends up winning it would be a upset to some, and to others not as much. These two programs have tons of respect for each and they always bring the A Game, and you just never know.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  Have blessed week everyone. 

8 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

Simply put. To be the man you gotta beat the man! Right now as much as it pains me to say Betsy is the team to beat.  They are a veteran and experienced team and currently #1 in 4a in TN.  As EHStrack mentioned, GHS is very young and not as experienced (not yet but will be soon :D) like the 17, 18 teams.  GHS is loaded with talent and has improved/matured and it showed in the 2nd half at AC with keeping the game close and then sealing/closing the deal.  The Majority is expecting Betsy to win, so if GreenE ends up winning it would be a upset to some, and to others not as much. These two programs have tons of respect for each and they always bring the A Game, and you just never know.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  Have blessed week everyone. 

I have a better understanding now. I'm just in the group that wouldn't be totally surprised. With that being said I also wouldn't be surprised if betsy wins by 2-3 tds and hope that is the outcome!

14 hours ago, jjm70 said:

From what I saw Anderson County had most of the Flags .Greenville just couldn’t move the ball to well until the end 

I watched the playback on NFHS. One thing I did see, The AC linemen were putting their hand down in the 3 point stance, and then lifting their hands off the ground to look back at the coaches. Once you hit that three point stance, you cannot lift that hand up. It’s a false start every time. I only saw it three times. Not covering for the refs. There were still plenty of bad and missed calls. (The waived off pass interference was awful.)

On 11/14/2020 at 11:40 AM, BigDaddyDave said:

I see the Devils fighting like they do, and the Betsy O-Line running down hill like they do, like road graders. With all of the new looks EHS has shown, by design or last second necessity, it makes them even harder to stop. Stingy Defense brings lunch pails to work. It’s the next game. The only game that matters. No looking forward, no looking back. Betsy will work this week. Heal up and try to further improve their game play. That’s what winners do.

FACTS.....and no im not saying Greeneville cant or wont win this game, Im just saying what Dave is saying about winners is true. It's what Greeneville has done for over a  decade lately and is still doing. The difference is this years team is younger than baby poop but just like baby poop, it will harden up and at some point be the king of the bowl again!!!

1 hour ago, BVDevil said:

FACTS.....and no im not saying Greeneville cant or wont win this game, Im just saying what Dave is saying about winners is true. It's what Greeneville has done for over a  decade lately and is still doing. The difference is this years team is younger than baby poop but just like baby poop, it will harden up and at some point be the king of the bowl again!!!

King of the bowl. I hope you mean Blue Cross and not Tidy...LOL

• Like 2