Season starts Today (for some)..

rebelman101

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

USJ only 3 points in 4th quarter after leading by 11 at end of 3. Greenfield’s pressure defense strikes again. You got to handle the ball it you lose to them. Gibson County was up double digits most of the game and by 20 at one point in the 4th. But I will give Creekwood credit. They had about 15 threes in the game and shot lights out. Micah Hart was really good handling the ball and the tempo of the game. They got the ball to Madison early and often and she was a beast. Evan Cantrell and Micah both were in double digits. Creekwood will win a lot of games. Best shooters I ha e seen in a long time.

Is Creekwood in the same region with Camden? I know they are AA but just cant think who they are with. Glad Greenfield is continuing with Willie's pressure defense. That is a huge win for them.  Savannah Davis had 25 at the half for us. Our two fabulous freshman (Hart and Davis) had two good games I see.

24 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

USJ only 3 points in 4th quarter after leading by 11 at end of 3. Greenfield’s pressure defense strikes again. You got to handle the ball or you lose to them. Gibson County was up double digits most of the game and by 20 at one point in the 4th. But I will give Creekwood credit. They had about 15 threes in the game and shot lights out. Micah Hart was really good handling the ball and the tempo of the game. They got the ball to Madison early and often and she was a beast. Evan Cantrell and Micah both were in double digits. Creekwood will win a lot of games. Best shooters I have seen in a long time. They wouldn’t quit. Good ball team.

Knew Madison would be a great player watching her in middle school. Trenton opened with Milan tonight, I went and watched and the girls are a decent team, nothing spectacular. Can’t really tell by the 66-32 game. Milan turned the ball over a lot with careless passes that led to easy baskets. Idk what else every team in the region has, but I see our girls being 2-4. Not enough scorers nor the height to defend in the post  to beat the lady pioneers 

Edited by Goldenpride

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Knew Madison would be a great player watching her in middle school. Trenton opened with Milan tonight, I went and watched and the girls are a decent team, nothing spectacular. Can’t really tell by the 66-32 game. Milan turned the ball over a lot with careless passes that led to easy baskets. Idk what else every team in the region has, but I see our girls being 2-4. Not enough scorers nor the height to defend in the post  to beat the lady pioneers 

Milan is not very good at all. They used to be a solid team and its sad on how rapid they have regressed. I listened to that game some and it sounded like that have a very physical group. The Johnson kid for yall is a great player and I am excited to watch her again. Peabody will finish second in 14a behind GC. Region maybe a struggle with an impressive Greenfield win tonight and a very athletic Union City ball club. You can never count out Bradford, Gleason, and Dresden as well.

5 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Peabody and Gibson County will battle for the top spot in the district. Peabody was really young last year and I don’t think they lost a player. Very quick and athletic and will play Gibson County tough as always. They played Union City tough in the Region last year. Always has our respect.

34 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Is Creekwood in the same region with Camden? I know they are AA but just cant think who they are with. Glad Greenfield is continuing with Willie's pressure defense. That is a huge win for them.  Savannah Davis had 25 at the half for us. Our two fabulous freshman (Hart and Davis) had two good games I see.

Creekwood used to be in the District with Cheatham County, Sycamore and Harpeth. Now they are in there with Camden, Lewis County, Stewart County, Waverly...Best shooting team I have seen in a while. We hit them in the mouth several times and they kept coming back with the three ball. McKenzie will be fine. They have a coach. Let’s all keep in mind that Lexington coach Shelby Pace was around Campbell at Union for a while and was grad assistant for a while. She is firey and gets after it. 

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Creekwood used to be in the District with Cheatham County, Sycamore and Harpeth. Now they are in there with Camden, Lewis County, Stewart County, Waverly...Best shooting team I have seen in a while. We hit them in the mouth several times and they kept coming back with the three ball. McKenzie will be fine. They have a coach. Let’s all keep in mind that Lexington coach Shelby Pace was around Campbell at Union for a while and was grad assistant for a while. She is firey and gets after it. 

You 100% right we have a coach! I might have to go see Creekwood play.Love me some 3 point shooing teams. I do remember Coach Shelby from Dresden, has more energy and fire than I ever will have. Great coach!  We have a bit of a better schedule this year adding yall Greenfield and Dyer Co. to the schedule. We will be battletested for sure!  

4 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

You 100% right we have a coach! I might have to go see Creekwood play.Love me some 3 point shooing teams. I do remember Coach Shelby from Dresden, has more energy and fire than I ever will have. Great coach!  We have a bit of a better schedule this year adding yall Greenfield and Dyer Co. to the schedule. We will be battletested for sure!  

McKenzie like Huntingdon will be a tough out for a while now. They will play ball year round and have great feeder programs. 

Watched tca vs huntingdon tonight, but don’t let the score fool you huntingdon will be very good by the end of the year.  Three of the starters were in foul trouble from quarter 1.  Looked a little nervous early on.  They start three very good seniors and the rest that play are talented freshman and sophomores.  Gonna be a good year for the fillies once they put it all together.

8 hours ago, 1983 said:

Watched tca vs huntingdon tonight, but don’t let the score fool you huntingdon will be very good by the end of the year.  Three of the starters were in foul trouble from quarter 1.  Looked a little nervous early on.  They start three very good seniors and the rest that play are talented freshman and sophomores.  Gonna be a good year for the fillies once they put it all together.

Watched TCA vs Huntingdon. TCA trio of Vailes, Lee and Goenring are very good. Lions are well coached and if they can get production out of the rest of the squad they could win it all again. Refs took the Fillies out of their game in the first quarter. Between the tacky fouls plus turning the ball over a ton the Fillies pretty well sealed their fate. Saw a lot to like from the Fillies though. We've got some impressive young talent and 3 pretty good seniors. We'll be okay. Now to complain, the stripes were awful. They completely disrupted the flow of the game and certainly didn't do the Fillies any favors. Two of them had trouble even throwing and catching the basketball. You could tell they didn't understand the game

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Watched TCA vs Huntingdon. TCA trio of Vailes, Lee and Goenring are very good. Lions are well coached and if they can get production out of the rest of the squad they could win it all again. Refs took the Fillies out of their game in the first quarter. Between the tacky fouls plus turning the ball over a ton the Fillies pretty well sealed their fate. Saw a lot to like from the Fillies though. We've got some impressive young talent and 3 pretty good seniors. We'll be okay. Now to complain, the stripes were awful. They completely disrupted the flow of the game and certainly didn't do the Fillies any favors. Two of them had trouble even throwing and catching the basketball. You could tell they didn't understand the game

It didn’t just disrupt y’all. Tca big 3 had 2 fouls each in the first quarter. So the tic tac was both ways. It was first game period. Tons of turnovers. Sloppy because of limited practice and no summer. Both teams should improve as the season progresses. Tca is young though. The big 3 are just sophomores so can’t wait to see how they progress.