Lewis County

vandyfan1

37 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

They see me rollin They hatin. Lul.

I’m tired of seeing these paper champs year in and year out. Gonna come watch Page next fall. Can’t wait as a matter of fact. 

Oh sorry fellas, I must be on the wrong thread. Couldn’t find ANYTHING about Page in the 5A threads. Their coach (the clown you see rollin in the gif above) seems to spend 23 out of 24 hours everyday worrying about LC. Maybe Page could do better than 5-8 with a COVID win and a 1st round exit next year if he spent a quarter of that time coaching his boys

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sweathog55 said:

I’m tired of seeing these paper champs year in and year out. Gonna come watch Page next fall. Can’t wait as a matter of fact. 

Oh sorry fellas, I must be on the wrong thread. Couldn’t find ANYTHING about Page in the 5A threads. Their coach (the clown you see rollin in the gif above) seems to spend 23 out of 24 hours everyday worrying about LC. Maybe Page could do better than 5-8 with a COVID win and a 1st round exit next year if he spent a quarter of that time coaching his boys

I’m not trying to bash Sharp one bit but wouldn’t you think it’s time for a change? I’m just asking you or a Lewis County fan. My question is not for bashing him.

46 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I’m not trying to bash Sharp one bit but wouldn’t you think it’s time for a change? I’m just asking you or a Lewis County fan. My question is not for bashing him.

I am not a coach, and will never claim to be. However, I believe that the wing T style of offense, while great in its own right, is outdated. While it is hard to defend, it is not designed to play from behind. You have to line up, smash mouth, score, repeat. I know it has a proven track record, but with other programs thinking outside the box, you are at a disadvantage if you wind up on the short side of the scoreboard. 

So to answer your question Vandy, I believe it is time to change the scheme, not necessarily the schemer...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sweathog55 said:

I am not a coach, and will never claim to be. However, I believe that the wing T style of offense, while great in its own right, is outdated. While it is hard to defend, it is not designed to play from behind. You have to line up, smash mouth, score, repeat. I know it has a proven track record, but with other programs thinking outside the box, you are at a disadvantage if you wind up on the short side of the scoreboard. 

So to answer your question Vandy, I believe it is time to change the scheme, not necessarily the schemer...

Thanks for your response bud I can respect that

7 hours ago, Sweathog55 said:

Actually, this post is spot on. Two decades ago when teams were more about grinding it out offensively, we didn’t have to worry about running clocks. By the second and especially third rounds, teams are passing the ball. 

The other half of the problem is scheduling. Simply put, LC just doesn’t play anyone of any substance during the regular season. That is why they are always so over rated and their records are a farce!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Actually, this post is spot on. Two decades ago when teams were more about grinding it out offensively, we didn’t have to worry about running clocks. By the second and especially third rounds, teams are passing the ball. 

The other half of the problem is scheduling. Simply put, LC just doesn’t play anyone of any substance during the regular season. That is why they are always so over rated and their records are a farce!

Spot on with the offensive part, for years when we were just an ok team. We’d stick with the usual sweep left, sweep right, stretch and pass occasion offense. Now we aren’t afraid to throw on first downs and it has played a major factor in Keeping defenses off balance. The game has evolved to that. Back in the 80’s MUS was running rough shot on everyone because they were one of the first teams to throw the ball more than run, and they had a good run game. Scheduling is a must, I know we have played a couple Memphis schools each year but that’s due from teams no agreeing to play- not the kids or coaches fault, but we have played in a region that has teams that will play ball. This next season, even though we are 1A we are going back to playing a schedule with teams that will bring it each week in the non conference games so we are excited to see that