Coaching openings

Mooreboy3

3 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

When you see the schedule it’ll make you think about just alittle bit 

I’m not privy to that information, but sure I’d like to see it. 

2 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Don’t worry Roy y’all will be going down that road too 

When Coach Grider leaves, SP will not be a revolving door for coaches. I don’t ever see that happening. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m not privy to that information, but sure I’d like to see it. 

When Coach Grider leaves, SP will not be a revolving door for coaches. I don’t ever see that happening. 

I can't remember the exact words from Hargis when he wrote an article about Boldin leaving Whitwell, but he did reference to this. He said Whitwell and Marion Co both have had numerous coaching changes over the past 15 to 20 yrs and that sp has been fortunate to have a father/son alum to give coaching stability to the program. He went on to say that sp would be in the same boat when Grider leaves. Not my words but his to some degree. I do see the sp coaching job being a stepping stone to bigger and better jobs in the future for the next coaches.

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

I can't remember the exact words from Hargis when he wrote an article about Boldin leaving Whitwell, but he did reference to this. He said Whitwell and Marion Co both have had numerous coaching changes over the past 15 to 20 yrs and that sp has been fortunate to have a father/son alum to give coaching stability to the program. He went on to say that sp would be in the same boat when Grider leaves. Not my words but his to some degree. I do see the sp coaching job being a stepping stone to bigger and better jobs in the future for the next coaches.

I would hope that’s not the case. SP has had 4 head coaches lead their teams to state championship games so hopefully it stays close to the same. 

35 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I would hope that’s not the case. SP has had 4 head coaches lead their teams to state championship games so hopefully it stays close to the same. 

One of them led them to a state title game in his first season and was replaced after the next season. Strange things happen in small town football.

9 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

One of them led them to a state title game in his first season and was replaced after the next season. Strange things happen in small town football.

I was looking at some dates just now. Whitwell and Marion  average a new head coach every 2 seasons for the past 20 years. That’s what can’t happen here. 

37 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I was looking at some dates just now. Whitwell and Marion  average a new head coach every 2 seasons for the past 20 years. That’s what can’t happen here. 

It may not but unless there are ties to the community and program small schools like ours can't compete with the money and opportunities a bigger school or GA school can offer.

6 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

It may not but unless there are ties to the community and program small schools like ours can't compete with the money and opportunities a bigger school or GA school can offer.

I understand what you’re saying. I believe if Coach leaves we still have some good ties to the community left on staff unless they go with him as well. 

15 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

That's Jasper's wishful thinking so many of them can come out of The Fiery Gizzard or Ridley's basement.