Milan vs Pearl Cohn 3A semi-final

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

And Pearl Cohn didn’t disappoint!!  I knew it.  
They look great until they meet equal talent that is well coached.  That program is absolutely sad—completely undisciplined, no mechanics or fundamentals to be found.  Brunetti gets way to much credit and for nothing.  In no shape or form are they coaching these kids up.  Congrats to Milan!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so. See my post on the 3rd page of this thread. Covington fans have seen PC up close and personal twice in the playoffs. We have also seen this new Milan team this year. 

I really expected Milan to win this decisively, and they did. I have watched Alcoa some via NFHS this year, and I expect that Milan can hang with them this year.

Good game, Milan. I'll be pulling for y'all in Cookeville.

Hold up there my friend.  Agreed, PC is all hype, but in honesty, neither one of these teams look capable of beating Alcoa.  What I do like about Milan is their resilience and willingness to not back down.  And that is what they’ll need.  But in no way are they evenly matched with Alcoa—the coaching staff alone is a HUGE difference... as Trump would say. 

32 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

Can someone answer this for me? Did Milan shut down pearl run game? 

Yes sort of. But Pearl Cohn stopped themselves with All those penalties.  

Pearl Cohn did not stop Milan running game.  Milan’s offensive line just kept leaning on them and the qb made good reads.  Diffee committing  to the run was very wise 

Edited by USJalum88

Wow! is my first reaction to the game. Milan goes down by 13 to start the contest... From what I heard at the end it looked like deer in headlights... 

What does Milan do? They score 27 unanswered points to stamp their ticket to Cookeville next Friday night. 

From a Hornet to Bulldog nation,

GREAT JOB! GREAT WIN! GO MAKE THE UNBELIEVEBAL HAPPEN AND KNOCK OFF THE MACHINE!!! 

GET IT GIBSON COUNTY! 

2 teams from one small agriculturally based economy get to play in the state championship! Gibson county baby!!!! 

GET IT MILAN, GET IT!!!! 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Wow! is my first reaction to the game. Milan goes down by 13 to start the contest... From what I heard at the end it looked like deer in headlights... 

What does Milan do? They score 27 unanswered points to stamp their ticket to Cookeville next Friday night. 

From a Hornet to Bulldog nation,

GREAT JOB! GREAT WIN! GO MAKE THE UNBELIEVEBAL HAPPEN AND KNOCK OFF THE MACHINE!!! 

GET IT GIBSON COUNTY! 

2 teams from one small agriculturally based economy get to play in the state championship! Gibson county baby!!!! 

GET IT MILAN, GET IT!!!! 

Thanks bro. Gotta put on our big boy britches this week and bring a sack lunch.