TC hosts Meigs on the CREEKBANK!

tcjacket13

I’m picking Meigs and that’s based on our game with them and how they’ve handled themselves in the playoffs against a really good Hampton team and good SG team.  TC has my respect from our games in the past but IF they seem to ride the back of just 1 player, I just don’t think they will pull it out late in the 4th.  Then again, purely based on what I’ve seen more of, which is Meigs.  

2 hours ago, JohnDutton said:

Negative. See here on the Ranch, all my employees get a paycheck for their work....but only the ones that go the extra mile gets the bonuses! Maybe the Mr Football candidate will meet Mr Rankins in a gap come Friday night! Only then you will find out who deserves the bonus! Gitty Up! 

Rewatch the highlights from last year. Meigs D put some solid licks on  Rankins. I remember one in particular #32 laid him out solid and he stayed down for awhile. I think he needed help off the field and had to set out several plays. I give him credit, he took the hits and kept coming back..

Rankins is a great athlete and one of the toughest kids I have seen play but Meigs has several on D that will lay some hits of their on and leave it all on the field. 

As for meeting Meadows in a Gap he will have to get his hands on him first. He made that other Mr. Football candidate miss on several occasions on his way to 6 td's and over 200 yards. Every play he makes 3 or 4 guys miss. 

If they do meet in a gap Rankins might get the best of him but he will bounce right back up and be ready to go at it again. He will not back down from anyone.

Meigs has a lot more options than Meadows. We got two tall really good receivers with great hands. I think you might remember that one that went up and grabbed the 50 yard bomb last year over three Jacket defenders. We got two other good running backs, a great slot receiver and a great QB who will be up for Mr. Football next year.

I think the Coach was just giving Meadows a nice home senior send-off last week and trying to prove to SG our Mr. Football was the better player.

16 hours ago, jmj1961 said:

[Sung to the tune of the Christmas song, "Silver Bells" with apologies to the late Jay Livingston and Ray Evans] 

Silver balls, silver balls, its close to time in these counties.  

Ring at last?  Not so fast

Soon you will play Pea Bod Day

Over rated and over hyped. Last years Pee body team was loaded. Not so sure about this one. As for great coaching— 2 ref wins in the last 2 3rd round or they sit at home. Swiping ball out from center last year (illegal) and coach and extra player running on field without timeout granted (illegal). Now I’m not one to argue just state facts. “Just the facts”. That’s my old partner on the beat used to say. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cashmeout said:

Over rated and over hyped. Last years Pee body team was loaded. Not so sure about this one. As for great coaching— 2 ref wins in the last 2 3rd round or they sit at home. Swiping ball out from center last year (illegal) and coach and extra player running on field without timeout granted (illegal). Now I’m not one to argue just state facts. “Just the facts”. That’s my old partner on the beat used to say. 

I've seen 2 games by Peabody on Hudl...They will have their hands full with both Meigs and Troudale.

12 minutes ago, bwx643 said:

Meigs is full of talent. The quarterback being a mr football candidate next year will have a lot to do with how meigs replaces and develops offensive linemen. Ive been reading on here that they lose most of them. Hard to be good with the ball in your hands with no blocking.

Meigs lost 3 starting linemen from last year's team and reloaded pretty well. Thing about it is that 57 is as good as any linemen Meigs has had in years and 60 has gotten his name into that conversation with his play this year as well. Can't replace players like that. Meigs has some good young stock on the sideline that just need to eat and pick up heavy stuff and they will be in good position to move forward. 

41 minutes ago, bwx643 said:

Meigs is full of talent. The quarterback being a mr football candidate next year will have a lot to do with how meigs replaces and develops offensive linemen. Ive been reading on here that they lose most of them. Hard to be good with the ball in your hands with no blocking.

Wasnt supposed to replace a talent like Swafford but look at us now. Our coaches will shuffle around and get the job done. 

i havent been on these boards too much this year. Its too addicting, but i thought i would post some for this game here. i have been impressed with the tigers this year after losing Swafford and his class. BUT i expected us to make it to the semis. TC defense is better than any defense we have played this year. gonna be tough on the creekbank

Jesus Love You

Edited by JesusLovesYou