Fayetteville vs Lake Co. Let's get it started

Varo

28 minutes ago, team69 said:

He must have been on that last Moore Co. Team SP played in the Championship game. 

I’ve watched a ton of other teams and not a single one can match up with us. Unless your saying Fayetteville has 2 mr football finalists, a d lineman going to the SEC, and a faster more athletic team, I’ll have to see it to believe it and I’m doubting that highly. 

59 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

I’ve watched a ton of other teams and not a single one can match up with us. Unless your saying Fayetteville has 2 mr football finalists, a d lineman going to the SEC, and a faster more athletic team, I’ll have to see it to believe it and I’m doubting that highly. 

Sounds like something We normally hear from the East,  and you may be right, but I honestly don’t believe you will be playing Fayetteville 

1 hour ago, Guidance1812 said:

Sounds like something We normally hear from the East,  and you may be right, but I honestly don’t believe you will be playing Fayetteville 

Greenback last year didn’t have 2 mr football finalists, didn’t have any sec defensive linemen and they weren’t really that fast. We lost to them cause we didn’t have the secondary to stop Holden. Our secondary has gotten better but honestly opposing QBs have about 1.5 seconds to throw before Gio and Jared and JJ are in the backfield. 

46 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

Greenback last year didn’t have 2 mr football finalists, didn’t have any sec defensive linemen and they weren’t really that fast. We lost to them cause we didn’t have the secondary to stop Holden. Our secondary has gotten better but honestly opposing QBs have about 1.5 seconds to throw before Gio and Jared and JJ are in the backfield. 

You guys don’t have a SEC lineman yet. Is he committed and signed because last I looked he wasn’t. GB did have an ACC defensive lineman and actually did have a defensive lineman that had an offer from miss state. I think he was number #53 and was a sophomore last year. 

Edited by faLConALUM

1 hour ago, powerp said:

The Pirates get a lot of praise offensively this year and rightfully so....but it's their defense that makes them special led by those monsters up front. So, my question is what can LC do defensively to Fayetteville to slow them down? Are there any matchups they can exploit?

I think our line can decide this game for us. Looked really good getting the Initial block and getting to the second level against WC. I think we should be able to get outside on them if they come out in the same defense that I have seen from them. I think the key will be limiting big plays. If we turn this in to a grind it out kind of game then LC should be fine. 

22 minutes ago, faLConALUM said:

You guys don’t have a SEC lineman yet. Is he committed and signed because last I looked he wasn’t. GB did have an ACC defensive lineman and actually did have a defensive lineman that had an offer from miss state. I think he was number #53 and was a sophomore last year. 

Derell Bailey was a senior last year and yeah he went to VT and Gio isn’t committed cause he’s still waiting on the rest of the offers seeing as he has another year left. Long story short, everyone is good this year. But this is the best SP team since that 2013 team in my opinion. The most well rounded. I think it’s our best chance to win it since we went in 2013. 

Edited by PFL30

4 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

Derell Bailey was a senior last year and yeah he went to VT and Gio isn’t committed cause he’s still waiting on the rest of the offers seeing as he has another year left. But to discount us that easily, that’s just disrespectful. I think we’re the best but we’re not unbeatable. No one should discount anyone just cause you’ve “heard it from the East before.” This is the semis, everyone here is good and can win it all. 

I don’t think anyone is discounting you guys . I definitely ain’t. You are the favorites and have been all year. You got in a LC vs Fayetteville thread acting like you were unbeatable. I agree I think anyone that makes the semi finals are good enough to win it all. Also, might want to look up #53 from GB not Bailey. I think his name was Jeffries. He had an offer from Mississippi State on the table last year as a sophomore and in my opinion was much better than Bailey. 

8 minutes ago, faLConALUM said:

I don’t think anyone is discounting you guys . I definitely ain’t. You are the favorites and have been all year. You got in a LC vs Fayetteville thread acting like you were unbeatable. I agree I think anyone that makes the semi finals are good enough to win it all. Also, might want to look up #53 from GB not Bailey. I think his name was Jeffries. He had an offer from Mississippi State on the table last year as a sophomore and in my opinion was much better than Bailey. 

I know who you’re talking about now. Everyone was so focused on Bailey last year I completely forgot about 53. He made most of the stops against us last year because we were focused on Bailey. I really did think we’d see greenback again this year but they seemed to struggle quite a bit more than anyone expected. I hope that if we get to state we play lake county but either team would be a fun game to watch. All 4 teams left are good enough to be in the position they are in 

11 hours ago, oldraiderfan said:

Pardon me for the slip up  on the transfer's ,but definitely believe they will put the Tigers in the winners bracket..

Oh no, don't worry about it.  Mention the word "transfers" and it brings up a bad taste from last year issues we had, and the following disappointment for our 2019 team seniors that wanted to be in the playoffs so badly for their teammate.  They still use that as motivation and purpose.  With that said, I think this year's squad, now even more beefed up, will make some noise.  Each game we play in makes history for our "new" school.  Looking forward to Friday, and if successful, I hope we see a lot of Region 5 fans there to support.