Dobyns Bennett 2021 season

Tribefan98

On 11/28/2020 at 3:43 PM, SWVAHavokFan said:

Don't know the exact order or where they're being played but here are the opponents for Dobyns-Bennett in 2021:

Tennessee High, Volunteer, Morristown East, David Crockett, Greeneville, Jefferson County, West Ridge, William Blount, Oak Ridge, Science Hill 

William Blount, Oak Ridge and Science Hill are all in the correct order, games 8, 9 and 10. And WB and OR are both away. That I do know. So two straight weeks of long travel next season then. 

I just don't believe the Volunteer one.WHY?

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I totally agree, but I the end you still have to have the guys with the right DNA.    Boone's S&C coach can smoke anybody in this state, he is a champion powerlifter, yet Boone regularly turns out average football guys.     For some reason there seems to be a lot of good DNA in and around Blount Co....

Just because you are good at something doesn’t mean you will be a good coach. Not saying the Boone S&C Coach isn’t good, wouldn’t know him from Adam. Something I see often, people think because someone played in the NFL(or any sport at a high level) they should automatically be a coach... Not always the case. A lot of times the best coaches did not play at a very high level. They were just incredible students of the game and are also great teachers. 

Strength and Conditioning is the foundation to every good football program. After listening to that podcast episode, I think Fleming has us on the right track. He even talks about how he was his own biggest roadblock in the beginning and he has made adjustments and we are definitely seeing results on field since he has taken over. 

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I totally agree, but I the end you still have to have the guys with the right DNA.    Boone's S&C coach can smoke anybody in this state, he is a champion powerlifter, yet Boone regularly turns out average football guys.     For some reason there seems to be a lot of good DNA in and around Blount Co....

I've seen a little on your strength coach and he is very knowledgeable with weights from what I've seen,a monster in the weight room,some records as well..It takes a little more for me to praise just anyone in the strength business because I've seen some of the best in the world through a close connection I have. Some of these guys are not only great in the gym themselves ,they are also highly educated in the field on how to train the best athletes in the world.You wouldn't want to argue strength, conditioning or specific diets with those guys.Anyway,you are right about the athletes have to be somewhat able to grow with proper training.I don't know much about Boones athletes or complete staff but know if my old School and Elizabethton can get it done,other schools in the area  including DB and Boone most certainly can compete with the right direction.

1 hour ago, BatmanDB said:

.............I don't know much about Boones athletes or complete staff but know if my old School and Elizabethton can get it done,other schools in the area  including DB and Boone most certainly can compete with the right direction.

Yep you would think so.    I am still of the opinion that nobody in NET 5A/6A is serious about football, not like they are in Knox County and beyond.     Every now and then DB or SH will have an elite group of athletes that come along on the same team and make some noise, but they still never get past round 3,.... or look at Crockett over the last couple of years, there is a program who used to struggle to reach .500 and are now winning playoff games....     But until somebody in 5A/6A makes it to Cookeville I'm not convinced.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Yep you would think so.    I am still of the opinion that nobody in NET 5A/6A is serious about football, not like they are in Knox County and beyond.     Every now and then DB or SH will have an elite group of athletes that come along on the same team and make some noise, but they still never get past round 3,.... or look at Crockett over the last couple of years, there is a program who used to struggle to reach .500 and are now winning playoff games....     But until somebody in 5A/6A makes it to Cookeville I'm not convinced.

I have to say that over the last few years,Boone has been beaten in the playoffs by one of the better 5A teams every year .Even by the eventual champions atleast one time .I remember that Boone big upset of the number one team Tennessee High in 2009 and then South beat Boone to advance to the semi's.Your there with a chance about every year as is DB,so someone in the area is bound to make it besides the 4A teams.looking at J Fred and the millions we have invested here in Kingsport,you better know there are more then a few people that take football seriously over here . Nobody was happy going 10-0 and not winning more then a couple of playoff games,so yes the fans expect more and by watching coach Christian this year,you better also know everyone within the program does as well. I know wanting doesn't mean getting but I definitely think several local larger programs would love to have that same success Tennessee High had in the early seventies . Now that was during a time that there was only 3 classes and TH was in the largest class,back to back and a national Championship to boot. Only Elizabethton done one better for a state title in 1938 when there was only one class and a playoff that year.Yes it's been a while but it also has already been proven that NET can compete at any level on the football field.Thats a real short list of Tennessee teams with National Championships in football since the state started having playoffs every year in the late sixties.

Alrighty then. It's probably going to be an interesting off season if today's social media around town is any indication.Don't ask if you don't know but  remember one thing on Facebook, Instagram and even coacht.Hearsay doesn't make it so but it sure can cause a lot of trouble and hurt folks that were not meant to be hurt..We probably all need to think a little more before we post stuff or respond on any website.Now that might be the DARK knight calling the pot black but just a thought here..

48 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Alrighty then. It's probably going to be an interesting off season if today's social media around town is any indication.Don't ask if you don't know but  remember one thing on Facebook, Instagram and even coacht.Hearsay doesn't make it so but it sure can cause a lot of trouble and hurt folks that were not meant to be hurt..We probably all need to think a little more before we post stuff or respond on any website.Now that might be the DARK knight calling the pot black but just a thought here..

Sure hope nobody is on social media trashing individual players.....   I generally try to keep negative comments at the "team" level and not go below that, but I have been guilty as well in times past.     Good post Batman to remind us all to think before hitting Submit....

7 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Is it the disgruntled mother of a player that you are referring to?

11 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

Is it the disgruntled mother of a player that you are referring to?

I am not on fakebook.... er, uh, I mean facebook..... but somebody showed me that post.    If it is true then I can say that I am not one bit surprised, but at the same time I know that DB is not the only school to do something like this.    I had heard some rumors a couple of months ago at Boone that was basically a variation of the same thing.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I am not on fakebook.... er, uh, I mean facebook..... but somebody showed me that post.    If it is true then I can say that I am not one bit surprised, but at the same time I know that DB is not the only school to do something like this.    I had heard some rumors a couple of months ago at Boone that was basically a variation of the same thing.

A lot of speculation, also doubtful that if what was accused of happening was true that it would have taken this long to come out. There are 100 kids on that team, not one of them ever said anything to their parents. There seems to be some elaborate stretching of the truth. But who knows. Like Batman said, it’ll be interesting. 

No clue what crap is being stirred by whiney parents, but you city folk better batten down the hatches and hold on to the coaching staff you have. They have that ship on course for the first time in years. People need to leave the coaches alone now and let them work and build that program. I hope you all are now seeing what you had in Deputy Clark from Mayberry now that he has been gone a while. He was allowed years and years and he set you all back from where you should have been.  For the first time since I have been living in East Tennessee, I think Kingsport has the right man at the helm. 

7 hours ago, Pudding said:

No clue what crap is being stirred by whiney parents, but you city folk better batten down the hatches and hold on to the coaching staff you have. They have that ship on course for the first time in years. People need to leave the coaches alone now and let them work and build that program. I hope you all are now seeing what you had in Deputy Clark from Mayberry now that he has been gone a while. He was allowed years and years and he set you all back from where you should have been.  For the first time since I have been living in East Tennessee, I think Kingsport has the right man at the helm. 

Christian does seem to have the program at least turned around. He's done a pretty good job of putting the puzzle back together. But there are still missing pieces. Time will tell if he can find those pieces.