Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

After finally getting to watch the game I will say Meigs left it al on the field but the Tide was just stronger and faster and didn't miss tackles,all the mess that was said about arm tackling Khalik and he ran around and over a bunch of Tigers,Vaughn literally ran them backwards 5 yards after every hit. I don't wanna sound like a jerk but for the size of the Tigers they didn't seem to embrace contact like last year imo ! The Tide was very physical and Meigs in spurts tried to match it ,the one really awesome drive they had late in game is what I think of when I see Meigs play. I knew the game would be a Tide victory when our smallest senior Mr Easily popped 34 ,34 with a head of steam should train tracked him but coaching and physicality won that meeting in the open field and won another gold for Trenton. 

Summary Peabody vs Milan 

Milan was physical and as fast / or faster than Peabody ,we found a way to win

Peabody vs McKenzie( who's name you east folk need to put some respect on) 

As fast or close to it as Peabody and very physical.

,Peabody guts out a Win

When the Tide Nation posters who know football said Meigs had seen nothing like McKenzie or Milan they knew of what they spoke ! 

I also love the posters trying to act as if this game was close , obvious chop block did negate a TD we also dropped a couple pick six as well ,we counting those scores also? " But the stats was close" yep that happens when the winning team dominates the starting field position ,we only needed 40 yards to score you needed 80,isn't that why we punt and kick and try to pin em deep? as well as garbage yards when it's a four score game for those homers that can't understand the game !!! 

GL next year to coach Fitz and his team , most likely another great run next year,heck of a coach and he coached his tail of to stay as close as they did to a team with much more depth and talent than his team fielded ! 

Someone will read this post and get " offended" I am sure of it but think of this before you reply with some very witty deragatory names, what did ole Pride say that wasn't 100% true in this post ??? Then tuck away those trigger fingers and be glade you won't have to play Peabody again for at least a couple years ! Gonna miss some of the great Meigs posters and it's been a honor to have a great dialogue with you !!!!!

Great post Pride.  I'll miss the banter with those guys also.  But I do think we will be back in 2A soon.  I would love to meet up with these guys again.  The best team won.  The chop was evident.  You can't do a high low block and expect to get away with it.  Win or lose, those were the most accurate refs I've seen all year.  Meigs County kids were a class act with the exception of that one kid choking our kid on the last play of the game, but I am sure that was done clearly out of frustration.  He may be the nicest guy on the team. But I saw both teams helping players up for the opposing teams.  That's a credit to their upbringing and coaches.  I wish nothing but luck to Meigs and their fans in their quest for the gold.  It will soon happen, I promise.

Edited by Golddoctor

Just now, Golddoctor said:

Great post Pride.  I'll miss the banter with those guys also.  But I do think we will be back in 2A soon.  I would love to meet up with these guys again.  The best team won.  The chop was evident.  You can't do a high low block and expect to get away with it.  Win or lose, those were the most accurate refs I've seen all year.  Meigs County kids were a class act with the exception of that one kid choking our kid on the last play of the game.  But I saw both teams helping players up for the opposing teams.  That's a credit to their upbringing and coaches.  I wish nothing but luck to Meigs and their fans in their quest for the gold.  It will soon happen, I promise.

It was a chop block I agree. I watched the play like 5 times. You block a player below the waist while the same player is being blocked up high. Number 60 did quite a bit of holding also during the game.  

both the kid who ran over our kicker purposely and the kid who held down our player at the end should have been ejected and the school fined. The refs allowed it because the game was over and that isn’t right. 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

It was a chop block I agree. I watched the play like 5 times. You block a player below the waist while the same player is being blocked up high. Number 60 did quite a bit of holding also during the game.  

both the kid who ran over our kicker purposely and the kid who held down our player at the end should have been ejected and the school fined. The refs allowed it because the game was over and that isn’t right. 

You are right. That could have gotten real ugly.  But all in all I think the refs made calls on our behalf that a cheating ref would not call.  They were very neutral

Just now, Golddoctor said:

You are right. That could have gotten real ugly.  But all in all I think the refs made calls on our behalf that a cheating ref would not call.  They were very neutral

Sure if I’m the kid being held down and screamed at I wouldn’t have been able to control myself. I might have ended up on the field if I was the parent 

Just now, Tide21 said:

Have you seen it ?  It happened 

i guarantee it happened in every game played sat lol boys will be boys as Bobby Bowden use to say lol if you played ball I am sure your emotions ran wild at some time lol. I am not taking up for the kid by no means lol but it happens. I did worse in college lol and i didn't mean too lol