Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

Just now, TideRolls said:

Lost title game to a private in the 90s, lost semifinal games to Goodpasture and NCS, coulda been more than 5 looking at that aspect

The crazy thing about the loss to the private school in the 90’s is that Peabody beat them regular season.  The ncs is a sore one I won’t even get in to that one. Goodpasture was what 2007-8 ?  Kendal Harper was qb right ? 

12 minutes ago, TideRolls said:

Lost title game to a private in the 90s, lost semifinal games to Goodpasture and NCS, coulda been more than 5 looking at that aspect

Well the Goodpasture year in 2007 we would have played Alcoa. Goodpasture lost 35 to 3 after we lost to them 42 to 7. So no on that one lol but in 15 we had a great shot and would be 6 lol.

12 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

The crazy thing about the loss to the private school in the 90’s is that Peabody beat them regular season.  The ncs is a sore one I won’t even get in to that one. Goodpasture was what 2007-8 ?  Kendal Harper was qb right ? 

Right he was Qb. Beat Westview at Westview, then milan at milan.

On 11/28/2020 at 7:19 AM, PeabodyPride said:

I will start by saying the 86 Bears are better than McKenzie ! Never sounds smart ,jus sayin ,If that's your measuring stick to a GoldBall game  then we shall see how that works for ya AGAIN ! Me thinks same was said last year" Meigs is better than Fairley" Trenton  was the best line on O and D   last year in the GoldBall game it will be again this year ! Meigs is a great team but they gotta win the game,can they maybe,but doubtful, expect an insane dose of 7,2 and very possibly 3 coming at the Tigers Smash mouth style 4 quarters, Trenton will be keeping the Tiger offense very balanced on the sidelines all game !!! Prayers for all that go to Cookevegas be safe take this Covid mess serious ! Hope all these young gridiron warriors leave the field win or lose knowing they gave their all and grow as men either way ! I will check in gameday with a prediction.

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE

W1N

R2PEAT

B3LIEVE

This aged very well.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, Cashmeout said:

It’s going to be cold and snowy in Cookeville Saturday. I’m kinda worried about the health of some of the fans. I hope the Peebody fans won’t do what my buddy did once when it was really cold out. Some guys bet him he wouldn’t put his tongue on the flagpole at our school- well he did and it was not pretty. Well this is a public service announcement for Peebody because there’s a lot of metal handrails and such. Don’t put your tongue on the metal. Thank you. 

How bout dat

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 9:03 PM, MCCherokee2020 said:

So my Cherokees got in a mess with the whole Covid thing vs DB when it was our best team ever in recent history and it cost us a run. But i got buddies I work with that said Meigs is cancelling school for next week and they cancelled our basketball game with them and the coach or coaches at Meigs have Covid or were suppose to be quarantine but magically nothing happens. Don't know if there is truth to this but I'd hate to see a forfeit in Cookeville cause of not following Covid guidelines. It sure cost my cherokees

http://chattanoogacw.com/news/local/entire-meigs-co-high-school-football-team-in-quarantine-following-state-championship-loss

Peabody I guess I wasn't crazy after all. Hope your players, coaches and fans are safe. When coaches & players refuse to go get tested after they know they have been a close contact and don't quarantine this happens. Just hope no one is seriously sick as a result. 

Edited by MCCherokee2020

1 hour ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

http://chattanoogacw.com/news/local/entire-meigs-co-high-school-football-team-in-quarantine-following-state-championship-loss

Peabody I guess I wasn't crazy after all. Hope your players, coaches and fans are safe. When coaches & players refuse to go get tested after they know they have been a close contact and don't quarantine this happens. Just hope no one is seriously sick as a result. 

I read the article. While it is short it does not indicate that anyone from Meigs had the positive case. In fact it said the exposure occurred over the weekend. Had it been a coach at Meigs or assistant coach the exposure would have likely occurred prior to the weekend as im sure no one with the Meigs team stopped what they were doing to go get a Covid test while I’m Cookeville. Also it said other teams (plural) were notified of possible contact. That would make someone think that it had to be someone outside the Meigs program that was exposed to multiple teams. The article does not show any evidence what so ever that a Meigs coach or assistant knowingly had Covid and went on this trip anyway. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE