Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

5 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Peabody gonna get it done come Friday. They got the size up front but they got the speed too. The Power P’s in 1A & 2A get its done Friday then meet up in 2021. I’m just keeping it real 

We have a great chance at going 2-0 over those Power P teams this year my friend. Were already half way there.:thumb:

16 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

To be honest I’m a bundle of nervous nerves every year and so far they have figured it out and won it all every year.

I'm good this year honestly, we haven't faced what it would take to stop our offense this year. Not saying It can't be done, just saying we are hard to stop. Defensively we are playing as good as we have all year the last two games. Were confident as you can be going into the state game. I still feel better about this game over the last.

Edited by Yeti

On 11/30/2020 at 2:13 PM, Golddoctor said:

You may not agree with this but it looks like Peabody and Milan were playing good enough ball here recently to compete with Alcoa.  Milan beat Covington, Peabody beat Milan.  Alcoa needed the last drive to beat Covington that year.  I think Meigs would give them a good game.  I know Alcoa is a great program but 18 state Championships.  I have a friend who lives in Knoxville who told me exactly what Alcoa was doing.  I want get into any accusations.  I just know what he told me and it is not an even playing field.  If Peabody, Humboldt, Milan could................................................Wow!!!

Actually, Alcoa is playing some pretty good ball too.  I do believe Milan will give them a tougher game than what they have faced this year.  Dobbens Bennet and Maryville were their toughest opponents this year.  I will admit Maryville is not the Maryville of past years, but still solid and DB was a pretty good 6-A team as well.   Some feel Alcoa should have pulled out the Maryville game, one or two decisions away from victory.  I just think that eventually Alcoa will lean on Milan enough to win by several.

As for Meigs, I know many from the community and I would love nothing more to see them accomplish this quest and bring home the Gold Ball.  I watched some of Peabody and agree that this is going to be a tall order for MC.  My heart wants to pick Meigs, just don't know if they have enough.  If they can ball control Peabody and create a couple of turnovers, they might have a chance.  

I think the first half will be held with in a touch down difference. Where I think the difference will be, is in the adjustments after half time. Peabody is a master at adjustments. They will find your weak spots and hit em hard in the second half. If Meigs County can match the adjustments, they will have a shot at the Gold, if not, Peabody will walk away with it in the second half. Good luck to both teams! Praying for safe travels and an injury free game. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for my 7A brothers! Go Tide!

Edited by Wildcard1

14 minutes ago, Wildcard1 said:

I think the first half will be held with in a touch down difference. Where I think the difference will be, is in the adjustments after half time. Peabody is a master at adjustments. They will find your weak spots and hit em hard in the second half. If Meigs County can match the adjustments, they will have a shot at the Gold, if not, Peabody will walk away with it in the second half. Good luck to both teams! Praying for safe travels and an injury free game. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for my 7A brothers! Go Tide!

Great post man. Thanks.

Just now, blitzinbuc said:

You have to put things in perspective. This game isn't about life - it's for entertainment. I'm as competitive as anyone, but life goes on with a win or a loss. 

Couldn't agree more, I would like nothing more for our kids to win it, but in the end every game has had a loser this year. This Saturday will be no different. That being said Go Meigs!