2021 Schedules

tcjacket13

10 minutes ago, ghostofthepast said:

Amazing you consider a well coached team to be a team that has more numbers but has taken L's from any decent team, and a few below average teams in the past 3-4 years.  Upperman has taken two of the last 3, Livingston Academy hung a loss on em last year.  Once they get off the plateau, they get murdered.  Funny how Monterey, Upperman, and White County can seem to compete up, yet Cookeville can not.  COACHING.

Jimmy Maynard has won 230 games. Numbers don't count for nothing when you got schools that send kids to P5 schools. Monterey, Upperman and LA don't play anyone remotely close to Oakland or Riverdale

12 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Jimmy Maynard has won 230 games. Numbers don't count for nothing when you got schools that send kids to P5 schools. Monterey, Upperman and LA don't play anyone remotely close to Oakland or Riverdale

Yes, but the teams you mentioned all compete for transfers, and recruit, and beat up on each other ad nauseum, meanwhile Cookeville basically has the entire plateau to themselves with weaker teams and smaller teams.  This team should be better for being the biggest fish on the plateau next to a major college.  Too many kids from Putnam Co refuse to come to Cookeville because of the lack of leadership and coaching and the gross nepotism as far as athletics in the program.  Imagine having 6,000 kids and consistently dropping games to 2 and 3A schools.    There are kids starting at 
Upperman, and Monterey that would def start over the chosen at Cookeville.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 6:57 AM, govols9851 said:

Looking forward to OS coming to Gordy. First time match up in the history of the schools. 

Not sure how much of a game it will be. Not only do we lose a talented senior class that includes most of our experienced lineman we from what I have heard are losing a big portion of our coaching staff.