Perry County vs. Wayne County

pcchick4life

Just wondering what ya'll had to say about this game. I personally think Perry County girls are going to surprise a few this year. in a county known mostly for guys basketball, the girls don't get alot of the respect they deserve. I think p.c. is going to have a great year, and they've already started it off right with a win over waverly. With Holly Turnbow to lead the team, and Leigha Horner, Britany Jones, Susan Wooten and Casey Heath to help her out, plus a few new freshmen who are really steping up, Paige Rhodes, Alicia Weatherly, Kristal Edney. I think these girls have the potential to go far this year! so what are everyone's thoughts on their upcoming trip to wayne county? Go Lady Vikings!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck!! As expected Stacy Myers and Amanda and Amy Beavers are leading another strong Wayne County team early in the season. On any given night any of those three can go off on you and granted, one of them will. They also have a very strong supporting cast to come along right behind them. The sign of a good team pc is that you get better as the season progresses. You always want to be playing your best ball at the end of the season and I can't say that Perry County has ever proven that to me. Wayne County on the other hand (and even Collinwood) is always tough come tournament time and really, that's all that matters. Good luck, but I have to give the advantage to my girls from W.C. Keep it within 15 and we will call it a good game. :D

T

If memory serves me right, didn't Perry County beat Wayne County at home last year? Just did me a little double-checking on the coacht scoreboard and yes they beat them by 13. So, why is it so hard to believe that they might do it again this year. I hope they do beat them so that maybe people will realize that W.C. is not as good as everyone thinks they are. And Thelma, your poor Collinwood team, whom you worship so much, isn't good now and they won't be at the end of the season either. It will be a miracle for them to get out of the district tournament since they lost the only decent player they've had in years in Ashlee.

My Prediction:

Perry County - 51

Wayne County - 46

[Edited by ptguard12 on 12-2-02 4:01P]

thelma you are doing a great bit of wishful thinking. but fiction can be fun from time to time. perry county is and will always be the big horse at the beginning and end of a season. with holly t leading the viks there is no such thing as a "pressure situation" your wayne county bunch should be compared to the buffalo bills. making to the big show only to choke in the end. this game will be pressure packed i just hope yall can handle it......

I try not to say much on the girls post but are you an idiot. How can you say that Perry Co. is always at the beginning and end? How can you say that Wayne County chokes? I am no supported of the Lady Cat but i respect what kind of program they have. I don't remember the Vikings(girls) winning any Gold Balls lately.

those are some of the dumbest posts i have seen on the boards saying wc will choke and pc will win. there is not one person on pc team that can stop amy beavers, stacy myers, and amanda beavers. wc is a lot better this year then they was last year. yeah they did get beat by lewis co. but the ladycats also shot about 20% from the field and played the worst game they have played in about 5 years. wc girls are still top 10 in state in my opion, and i would not doubt it if the ladycats did not end up at the state tournament once again this year. a place where pc has not seen a lot of. so good luck tommorow night ladycats. play hard and i will promise you will win like you usually do.

I don't agree with the fact that W.C. is a team that chokes. When they have a lead they hardly ever lose it. However, i don't think that they are as good as they have been in past years. I feel that P.C.'s bench is deeper then W.C.'s and that this will play a big factor in this game. Therefore, i believe P.C. will win, but it will be a close game.

58 minus 41 equals 17. (keep it within 15 and we will call it a game) You know, I made my post with a completely open mind and hoped that everyone could refrain from negative comments but obviously that could not happen. Congratulations to Wayne County. What everyone needs to realize is the end results. Regular season games really don't mean that much. It is the playoffs that count and at this moment I can't remember the district title going to anyone else over the past few years and they are STILL the most recent state champs in our district. Good luck girls. Hope eveyone has a great season and I look forward to the tourneys!!

T

P.S.

You MIGHT want to be a little concerned about that Collinwood team that I worship so much. They might just throw a couple of curve balls your way. :)