Transfers from Memphis

BallIsLife1

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit. And it wouldn’t surprise me if T$$AA allows it to happen!  I don’t have a problem with it as long as they are made to follow the same rules as the rest of the kids in the state. But we all know that won’t happen. 

You mean them rules they make some people foller but not all people.   T$$AA is a joke.   

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Like i said I’d be checking out their eligibility if I was coaching in those districts. Have no issues as long as it’s done according to the rules that T$$AA makes the rest of us follow. 

What exactly is the rule for transfers in high school? Maybe they get a blanket waiver like NCAA just got

17 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

What exactly is the rule for transfers in high school? Maybe they get a blanket waiver like NCAA just got

The rules are very clear. In order to change schools there must be a physical change of address for the household or a legal custody change. The entire state is sick and tired of Memphis getting a pass on this.  There is no “waiver” for TSSAA this year or any other year.  You can’t get a “redshirt” year and graduate when you’re 20.  

On 12/17/2020 at 4:41 PM, UCSportsFan said:

The rules are very clear. In order to change schools there must be a physical change of address for the household or a legal custody change. The entire state is sick and tired of Memphis getting a pass on this.  There is no “waiver” for TSSAA this year or any other year.  You can’t get a “redshirt” year and graduate when you’re 20.  

Houston High has added two 6'10 out of state transfers plus it looks like espnu #47 Jonathan Lawson has now joined the team.