2A 2021

ChineseFlu

On 12/12/2020 at 9:02 PM, PurplePower68 said:

No worries about the line. Not about  losing starters. Of course anyone would love to keep starters. What I was meaning is that we used so many different guys on the line that there is a lot of experience coming back and should be a little bigger next year. 

As far as qb Taye was better at qb in my opinion. I would rather have him at wing though because you can do so much more with the offense that way. QB next season will be key as to how far MC will go in the playoffs. May be a surprise as to who is actually under center next year. 

Well it's important that you have very dominant OL and DL. They don't just fall out of the sky.   

What year is Taye?  I can't remember him.

15 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

We're kinda in the same boat Yeti. We have a couple spots to fill and if we do I believe we will be good (barring injuries) by the end of the season. We should have the fastest team we've had for sure. Definitely be the biggest team we've had in a very long time.

Its nice when you can "expect" to have a good year like that. It means your program is going in the right direction. We have been fortunate to have been in that situation for just finishing 5 years now. Hopefully if all goes as planned the 6th will be the same. I expect alot of good games out of our region this year. I welcome the change myself. Different teams and closer to home games if away means alot.

So from what everyone has posted, it is probably safe to say this will be the most competitive  class in the state.  I think from the east all of the following have been mentioned as contenders:

Meigs, Marion, Hampton, S. Green, Oneida, York, Bledsoe, Tyner, Trousdale, and Watertown.  Anybody need to be taken off or someone else added?

20 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Well it's important that you have very dominant OL and DL. They don't just fall out of the sky.   

What year is Taye?  I can't remember him.

Taye will be a senior. He was #6 as a sophomore and #7 this past year. I work with a dad of a SC player. He said the same thing this year as he did last year when we played Seq. "We had no answer for Taye." If he ever gets the edge on a defense do not waste your time trying to chase him down. I expect him to at least be in the running for Mr Football next season. 

10 hours ago, Yeti said:

Its nice when you can "expect" to have a good year like that. It means your program is going in the right direction. We have been fortunate to have been in that situation for just finishing 5 years now. Hopefully if all goes as planned the 6th will be the same. I expect alot of good games out of our region this year. I welcome the change myself. Different teams and closer to home games if away means alot.

We have been at both spectrums honestly. It wasnt that long ago that we dominated the east in TN for a few years. You guys seem to have taken that role. It can go as easily as it comes trust me. Hopefully we are building back up.

3 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

So from what everyone has posted, it is probably safe to say this will be the most competitive  class in the state.  I think from the east all of the following have been mentioned as contenders:

Meigs, Marion, Hampton, S. Green, Oneida, York, Bledsoe, Tyner, Trousdale, and Watertown.  Anybody need to be taken off or someone else added?

Monterey played Bledsoe tight this year. Not sure what they lose or have coming back. 

22 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Taye will be a senior. He was #6 as a sophomore and #7 this past year. I work with a dad of a SC player. He said the same thing this year as he did last year when we played Seq. "We had no answer for Taye." If he ever gets the edge on a defense do not waste your time trying to chase him down. I expect him to at least be in the running for Mr Football next season. 

Someone tried to convince me UT was recruiting him. He’s a good player, but I don’t believe that for one minute. Can you clarify for me please?

19 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

We have been at both spectrums honestly. It wasnt that long ago that we dominated the east in TN for a few years. You guys seem to have taken that role. It can go as easily as it comes trust me. Hopefully we are building back up.

You will be one of the top 2 teams in the east next season. 

3 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

We will be good I have no doubt. A contender I'm not so sure about. From what I've seen the last 4 or 5 years only 3-4 teams actually were contenders each year when it's all said and done in 2A.

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Someone tried to convince me UT was recruiting him. He’s a good player, but I don’t believe that for one minute. Can you clarify for me please?

You will be one of the top 2 teams in the east next season. 

I haven't heard that. He is blessed with God given ability that you can't coach but I'm not sure TN is recruiting him, but I can't speak on that with any authority. 

Not sure about being one of the top 2 in the East. We're just hoping to be competitive. 

22 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

21 to me is not much of a concern as far as just being a competitive team. For the most part the last 4-5 years I knew who was gonna replace who and how good they were. In 22 There will be alot new starters to take the helm. I've enjoyed it while its lasted for sure. Not saying we wont be good then, just alot of the team in 21 will have been 2 and 3 year starters when they graduate.

3 minutes ago, Yeti said:

21 to me is not much of a concern as far as just being a competitive team. For the most part the last 4-5 years I knew who was gonna replace who and how good they were. In 22 There will be alot new starters to take the helm. I've enjoyed it while its lasted for sure. Not saying we wont be good then, just alot of the team in 21 will have been 2 and 3 year starters when they graduate.

That's what happened to us in 2017. We had 2 and 3 year starters that went to state title games 3 consecutive years that graduated. Sometimes you have a dip in talent. Sometimes kids just assume that since your team has been there that all they have to do is show up. Complacency can knock you down quick.