Grundy 2021

Raider1234

3 hours ago, Rocky34 said:

Give us the right coach and we will have a winning program.  The rumor mill has the Bryant's back in charge of the program.  Whoever it is needs to have experience at being a successful high school football coach and treating kids with love/respect.  I will always believe in our kids here.  Just don't think those in charge always make the right hires or hire the best candidates.  We will see in time for sure.

Admin is a joke. District dont pay well, teaching or coaching. Your 50 miles from civilization. Cant hire assistants. The HC at Grundy is a position to babysit and make sure 11 kids play to keep the team. Its sad how awful of a situation it is.  Good kids do not correlate to football wins. 

As far as the right hire, Casey Tate. Thats all I will say.

6 hours ago, BruceColetrain said:

Admin is a joke. District dont pay well, teaching or coaching. Your 50 miles from civilization. Cant hire assistants. The HC at Grundy is a position to babysit and make sure 11 kids play to keep the team. Its sad how awful of a situation it is.  Good kids do not correlate to football wins. 

As far as the right hire, Casey Tate. Thats all I will say.

Sounding mighty grim out on the mountain Bruce 

On 2/19/2021 at 7:55 PM, SquatchU said:

Yeah because we were marshmallow soft last year as a team. This team isn’t Squatch tough anymore. But you look back over the last 20 years and Dunlap has been the envy of the county to the West.

Heck the Grundy boys wouldn’t even show up to the Turkey Bowl this year to get smoked by us. 

You right there

Sounds like 5 of the school board members wanted Hayworth out so that they could put in Nick Bryant.  There 9 school board members and the majority of the major decisions come down to a 5-4 vote.  That is good for Nick but the revolving door will likely continue.  Not hearing good things about the new director so I would be surprised if he stays past this school year.  With a new director and an new school board every couple years, things are constantly going to be changing here on the mountain.  

10 minutes ago, Rocky34 said:

Sounds like 5 of the school board members wanted Hayworth out so that they could put in Nick Bryant.  There 9 school board members and the majority of the major decisions come down to a 5-4 vote.  That is good for Nick but the revolving door will likely continue.  Not hearing good things about the new director so I would be surprised if he stays past this school year.  With a new director and an new school board every couple years, things are constantly going to be changing here on the mountain.  

Yeah that has to be bad especially on your kids up there.

1 hour ago, Rocky34 said:

Bryant has been the head coach there before?