A-AA Pound for Pound

rideOut

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Would you trade your Iron Bowl tickets to watch Hunter Mason wrestle Cody Chittum?

Lol someone in another post was saying how Cooper Flynn is the most decorated wrestler in TN history and it wont ever be beaten. Now someone here is saying Hunter Mason is the best p4p in any division in the state.

How do people keep forgetting Chittum is ranked number 1 in the country?

6 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Lol someone in another post was saying how Cooper Flynn is the most decorated wrestler in TN history and it wont ever be beaten. Now someone here is saying Hunter Mason is the best p4p in any division in the state.

Short term memory!  I really wish Cooper Flynn well!  Let's see what both Cooper and Cody do at the next level.  He has some big shoes to fill with the likes of Bill Harlow, Philip Simpson and Jordan Leen.  So much of being successful at the next level is staying healthy.

55 minutes ago, cbg said:

Short term memory!  I really wish Cooper Flynn well!  Let's see what both Cooper and Cody do at the next level.  He has some big shoes to fill with the likes of Bill Harlow, Philip Simpson and Jordan Leen.  So much of being successful at the next level is staying healthy.

Or out of trouble, or motivated, or any number of things. I've seen more than a few really good HS wreslers flame out within the 1st semester of a college season. 

• Upvote 2

Mason is a stud and on his way to be as good as any! As are few other EAST Tn young men working hard and focused but cooper is a very determined dude barring injury he will be a all American before it’s over ! Take it to the bank as far as comparing him to the past wrestlers this sport has changed  who says how those guys would do these days!!! Again your welcome

3 hours ago, cowcatcher said:

How can anyone even argue that Hunter Mason is not the pound for pound king? What you could argue is he might be the best pound for pound in any of the divisions and the kid's only in 10th grade! Someone said it already, but I think they're spot on... you have to look at what these guys have done outside of TN. For instance, the top guys in most of the weight classes rarely even wrestle a full 3 periods unless it's in the state semis or state finals, so just looking at their results in TN lends a shortsighted view. Hunter has an impressive resume on the national scene and is nationally ranked, which says it all for me. I find it hard to imagine even someone like Daniel Uhorchuk could keep it close with Hunter Mason if they were in the same weight. I would trade my Auburn-Alabama tix next year to see a Hunter Mason v. Garrison Dendy (DII, Baylor) match though!

If only... I wish we could see Mason, Dendy, and McDaniels in the same bracket. The finals would be a top 5 all time TN matchup.

10 minutes ago, rideOut said:

If only... I wish we could see Mason, Dendy, and McDaniels in the same bracket. The finals would be a top 5 all time TN matchup.

They aren’t at the same weight.  Dendy is at 45 and McDaniel and Mason are at 38 so if their was only one classification then they wouldn’t all be in the same bracket.  

2 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

So since it was said that Hunter is the best p4p in the state. Are we being told that in a 1 on 1 Hunter beats Trae McDaniel? I have a hard time believing that one.

You need to go back and reread what was posted.  He was talking about Hunter and Daniel Uhorchuk and how Hunter was by far the best PFP wrestler but this thread is best PFP in A-AA so he was only talking about small school PFP and not overall in the state.  

14 minutes ago, durdon said:

You need to go back and reread what was posted.  He was talking about Hunter and Daniel Uhorchuk and how Hunter was by far the best PFP wrestler but this thread is best PFP in A-AA so he was only talking about small school PFP and not overall in the state.  

4 hours ago, cowcatcher said:

How can anyone even argue that Hunter Mason is not the pound for pound king? What you could argue is he might be the best pound for pound in any of the divisions and the kid's only in 10th grade!

Here's the quote Durdon. @cowcatcher said hes the best p4p in any div in the state. I'm saying I don't think hes the best 138 in the state.

Edited by Ummmno

19 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Here's the quote Durdon. @cowcatcher said hes the best p4p in any div in the state. I'm saying I don't think hes the best 138 in the state.

Oh geez sorry I missed that...  granted P4P is subjective but yeah that’s not accurate.   Probably just one of his friends posting that.  

Edited by durdon

4 hours ago, Ummmno said:

He also quickly apologized and made some self deprecating humor about his oversight. Sometimes people forget great people when they leave town for awhile in any aspects of our lives let alone wrestling. I was reading about Bill Harlow this morning.

Edited by noonesfool

What’s funny is watching you bozos get on here and stick up for your favorites even if you know your wrong! Kudos for being loyal but I know of a few u idiots have watched in practice rooms with your own eyes in the last 6 months these so called p4p guys getting whipped by younger smaller guys !! Keep stroking em it will all pan out in the end!!