Mr. Basketball Candidates

CoachD33

BJ Edwards Knoxville Catholic junior point guard averages 21 points, 6 rebounds, 3 steals and 6 assist. Four star recruit who recently narrowed his schools to Tennessee,  Vanderbilt, Florida, Georgia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest. Catholic won the state title last year and this they are 15-3 having played 6 home games. Was Mr. Basketball runner up in D2 AA as sophomore. 

Edited by QSouth89

On 1/31/2021 at 2:39 PM, UCSportsFan said:

AAA Grant Slatten from White County

A  Grant Strong Clay County

I will be shocked if both don’t make it and not sure both shouldn’t win.  Both face double and triple teams every game and still average over 30 each.  Strong has improved so much.  I am not sure where he is going to college but he is at least a mid-major and of course Slatten going to Ole Miss.  

In my opinion, the best players don’t just score, they make their teammates better.  Pretty sure both boys also lead their team in assists.  Definitely 2 of the best that have played in Upper Cumberland in a long time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mrbasketball said:

I will be shocked if both don’t make it and not sure both shouldn’t win.  Both face double and triple teams every game and still average over 30 each.  Strong has improved so much.  I am not sure where he is going to college but he is at least a mid-major and of course Slatten going to Ole Miss.  

In my opinion, the best players don’t just score, they make their teammates better.  Pretty sure both boys also lead their team in assists.  Definitely 2 of the best that have played in Upper Cumberland in a long time.

Agreed 

• Like 1

Senior Trey Johnson from Cosby is absolutely a single A Mr Basketball candidate in Class A..he averages 30 a game and 8 rebounds and 5 assists..he was all state last year..4 year starter who helped lead cosby to the state tournament his sophomore year..over 1500 career points..3.5 GPA..Trey hit 10 3’s last game scoring 60 points in 19 minutes..he had a dunk against Pigeon Forge where he put a boy on a poster that blew up on Twitter and will likely be dunk of the year on the area..Cosby has had some players worthy of being a candidate but has never had a Mr Basketball candidate..I’ll be honest, there’s just not 3 better players in class A than Trey Johnson this season 

Edited by CosbyTradition

1 hour ago, CosbyTradition said:

Senior Trey Johnson from Cosby is absolutely a single A Mr Basketball candidate in Class A..he averages 30 a game and 8 rebounds and 5 assists..he was all state last year..4 year starter who helped lead cosby to the state tournament his sophomore year..over 1500 career points..3.5 GPA..Trey hit 10 3’s last game scoring 60 points in 19 minutes..he had a dunk against Pigeon Forge where he put a boy on a poster that blew up on Twitter and will likely be dunk of the year on the area..Cosby has had some players worthy of being a candidate but has never had a Mr Basketball candidate..I’ll be honest, there’s just not 3 better players in class A than Trey Johnson this season 

Cosby has a great tradition and has had really good teams over the years.  I’ve had the pleasure of watching some games in that gym. Great atmosphere for high school basketball!  I’m sure the young man is a very good player. Good luck!

• Thanks 1