Miss Basketball Candidates

CoachD33

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Both players play on really good teams. Madison has done more for her team, IMO. Karly is a great player and has had a career. Just have seen what Madison has done and don’t see how she has been outplayed. Don’t see it. I seen Karly get slowed down big time against Summertown. We will see what she does in a few hours against a big time opponent.

Hey Pioneer!

Hope you're doing well and have managed to avoid any sickness related to the craziness that is life during covid!

I respect you, and you're spot on a lot!  However, I feel your assessment is a little off as pertains to who has been more valuable to her team's success.

Gibson Co. has quite a bit more talent top to bottom (especially on the ball handling and defensive side of the ball) compared to this year's Loretto team.  Our girls give their all, and never stop hustling, but some nights Karly has to do too much.  Madison is an absolute beast.  A presence, definitely once she gets in the paint. 

But when we're talking about two main things.

1.) How good is Gibson Co. without Madison vs Loretto without Karly.  I'm sorry, but Karly IMHO, is far more valuable to Loretto's success.  Not even close.  

and 

2.) Who is the better ball player?  Better combination of Scorer from deep and in the paint, ball handling skills, vision, blocks, steals, rebounding....   I'd be surprised if anyone outside of Gibson Co wouldn't agree Karly is the better ball player.   

I think Madison is a brilliant player, and has an amazing future ahead of her, but for anyone to ponder the thought that she's been robbed if she loses Miss Bball to Karly is sadly mistaken.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope all is well and best of luck moving forward.

Edited by mas1821

I’m not sure this is even worth posting because anyone with a clue knows that both players are great at what they do and deserving of any kind of reward that they get. There is really no reason to make the Miss Basketball stuff anymore than what it really is and that is acknowledging great basketball players.

I have seen both of these players play multiple times this season. I watched Karly tonight as a matter a fact. They are both good in their own way and under different circumstances. Madison has more help around her whereas Karly is having to do a lot more with the ball in her hands that she did not have to do in years past. 

Edited by GCPioneer

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I think if they get out of West TN they have a decent shot to win it all. Gibson County has replaced state championship talent with maybe more talented players in some aspects. They are just real young. Next year I think Gibson County will win AA hands down if they stay healthy. They lose nobody. Summertown and Clarkrange are really good and have lots of seniors that have been there. Hart is the real deal and flies under the radar. She can go. Weathers is too. 

Gibson County will probably be the favorite next year but I wouldn’t say they would hands down win it all.  Weathers is only a junior right?  Westview being in 2AA will be interesting also.

3 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Hey Pioneer!

Hope you're doing well and have managed to avoid any sickness related to the craziness that is life during covid!

I respect you, and you're spot on a lot!  However, I feel your assessment is a little off as pertains to who has been more valuable to her team's success.

Gibson Co. has quite a bit more talent top to bottom (especially on the ball handling and defensive side of the ball) compared to this year's Loretto team.  Our girls give their all, and never stop hustling, but some nights Karly has to do too much.  Madison is an absolute beast.  A presence, definitely once she gets in the paint. 

But when we're talking about two main things.

1.) How good is Gibson Co. without Madison vs Loretto without Karly.  I'm sorry, but Karly IMHO, is far more valuable to Loretto's success.  Not even close.  

and 

2.) Who is the better ball player?  Better combination of Scorer from deep and in the paint, ball handling skills, vision, blocks, steals, rebounding....   I'd be surprised if anyone outside of Gibson Co wouldn't agree Karly is the better ball player.   

I think Madison is a brilliant player, and has an amazing future ahead of her, but for anyone to ponder the thought that she's been robbed if she loses Miss Bball to Karly is sadly mistaken.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope all is well and best of luck moving forward.

Hart is to valuable in the paint for her to be shooting three’s, but I have seen her do it and create her on shot in the paint many times. 9/10 she beats her man to the basket and don’t have to shoot a shot in the paint or a three. She blocks shots rebounds well, passes well. Gibson County would struggle a lot without her. Everyone has there own opinion. I am for winning Gold Ball’s. I lost respect for Miss Basketball when Heather Butler got robbed of it twice, the Gibson County player who is the all time leading scorer in the OVC.

10 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

She is.  Next year her sister will join her.  ;-)

Karly played well tonight. I agree that she don’t have a lot of help. I honestly thought she had more help than she did. You guys can get to state but whoever has to go to McKenzie will be tested for sure. They are clicking on all cylinders this year and have a new coach.

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

Gibson County will probably be the favorite next year but I wouldn’t say they would hands down win it all.  Weathers is only a junior right?  Westview being in 2AA will be interesting also.

I just know if they stay healthy they lose nobody and all the players have another year under Wilkins and he is one of the best developers of talent I have ever seen. They will have as many quality players next year that can play as we did in 2019. He will have about 22-25 players to choose from. He has 17-18 now and has several In Jr. High moving up. Westview will be good but they are losing the Leyhue twins and a couple more I think the big post. They will be good as always 

18 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I think if they get out of West TN they have a decent shot to win it all. Gibson County has replaced state championship talent with maybe more talented players in some aspects. They are just real young. Next year I think Gibson County will win AA hands down if they stay healthy. They lose nobody. Summertown and Clarkrange are really good and have lots of seniors that have been there. Hart is the real deal and flies under the radar. She can go. Weathers is too. 

Yep but Gibson County moves up next year. They going to win it this year. West view still has Jada Harrison and they will still be the team to beat in 2A in west Tennessee. But there are better 2A teams in middle Tennessee. Weathers will still be there too. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

9 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Yep but Gibson County moves up next year. They better win it this year. West view still has Jada Harrison and they will still be the team to beat in 2A. 

They lose 4 big pieces to their puzzle after this year. GC loses nobody and will have 3 girls that if on any other team would be Miss Basketball Candidates. Westview is good and will be tough but Wilkins has won the last three vs Westview, two at their place. Summertown losing 4 or 5 seniors. Loretto is losing two more as well. Upperman, South Side, Macon County and other power houses are moving up as well.

22 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I’m out of the loop I guess. Sounds like 1A is better than 2A again this year.  And maybe again next year. 

Meigs County, Westview, Gibson County, Summertown, South Green, McMinn Central, Loretto, Cheatam County are a few that come off of the top of my head. And Gibson County’s district will be with Summertown and Loretto for the substate so only two of us go. Memphis got three districts now and the Adamsville district. 2 of them will be in Murfreesboro every year now. 

Edited by pioneer42