Franklin county

Raider1234

6 hours ago, workinprogress said:

LOD I agree and this is a good story of these two teams coming together and learning from mistakes. 

Both should be commended for helping their communities. However, the consequences of their previous actions should remain as is. 

Despite what you have heard about the fight that broke out last season most of the kids on Franklin County’s football team were not involved in the fight. The report that said that the benches cleared was incorrect. At best, 10 players from each side were involved. The majority of them was made up of seniors. Shebyville only had half of the team there because of COVID. What made it look bad is most of the players and all of the coaches were trying to stop what a few seniors started. Point is, why punish players that did nothing when most of the ones involved are graduating and don’t give a darn about the underclassmen. The majority of the kids that did the community service were on the side lines when the fight happened and didn’t participate.  I get tired of the mentality that every one should be punished for what a few bad seeds do. Guess it’s just easier to punish everyone instead of the ones directly involved. So no, I don’t think seniors this season and seniors next season should be punished unless they were involved directly in the fight.  If they were then ban those individuals from playoffs. It’s not like both teams have a history of fighting. 

Twisted I get what you are saying and in a perfect world I agree as well. On the other hand, the TSSAA has a history of punishment for this type of occurrence. That is all I am going by. The TSSAA has in the past basically said through action that it is a team sport and therefore the team will be punished unless the head coach of the team is relieved of duties. 

As for the two teams working together and helping others it does show that the teams are learning life lessons which is great to hear about. 

On 2/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Take the Top 3 programs in the state. I would say Maryville, Alcoa and Oakland.  Do any of these have home town head coaches running their programs?  Is there any successful program in the state have a hometown man running the program. I know around here Hughes at Fairview does a good job but I would not count them as an elite program in any way. Martin here at SH but that has been a nightmare.  Any others?

Maryville is led by Derek Hunt who not only started at QB for the Rebels, he also Coached a number of years under George Quarles after finishing college.   He was highly recommended by his peers when the job came open.

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2021 at 6:45 AM, FridayMainEvent said:

Maryville is led by Derek Hunt who not only started at QB for the Rebels, he also Coached a number of years under George Quarles after finishing college.   He was highly recommended by his peers when the job came open.

Totally different circumstances.  He did not have to come back home and rebuild the program.  Maintaining status quo and rebuilding 2 entirely different challenges

On 3/27/2021 at 2:50 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Totally different circumstances.  He did not have to come back home and rebuild the program.  Maintaining status quo and rebuilding 2 entirely different challenges

I get what you are saying. The only problem is you mentioned Oakland, Maryville and Alcoa as being the top 3 teams in the state and then asked if any of those 3 had a home town guy leading the program. He answered the question you asked. But you are definitely correct in it being a completely different challenge. 

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I get what you are saying. The only problem is you mentioned Oakland, Maryville and Alcoa as being the top 3 teams in the state and then asked if any of those 3 had a home town guy leading the program. He answered the question you asked. But you are definitely correct in it being a completely different challenge. 

If that is how it sounded then that is my mistake.  I was saying to exclude those 3 because IMO no other program can match up to those  and it would be fair to hold FC or any other school to those 3. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2021 at 6:27 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That was the way I took it also..

• Upvote 1