Who still remembers these East Tennessee Teams that are long gone and last year played.

BarneySox2007

47 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

What’s the story behind the closing/merging of Knox Rule? Asking for a friend. 

Rule was like a car that ran out of gas. Every year the enrollment went down and down because it sets in the Hood and far as football goes they had to forfeit games because they didn't have enough players. Not 100% sure if Fulton took in most of it or West. Knox County is a crazy place to live. You can live across the street from a school but have to go 5 miles down the road because of lines drawn in the sand tell you where to go.

40 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Rule was like a car that ran out of gas. Every year the enrollment went down and down because it sets in the Hood and far as football goes they had to forfeit games because they didn't have enough players. Not 100% sure if Fulton took in most of it or West. Knox County is a crazy place to live. You can live across the street from a school but have to go 5 miles down the road because of lines drawn in the sand tell you where to go.

Thanks friend. I was sure that you would know. 

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

What’s the story behind the closing/merging of Knox Rule? Asking for a friend. 

If you want to get your money's worth and see the real Rule High School go to Youtube and punch in "Abandoned Football Stadium Golden Bears Field" and be in for the shock of your life. It would take wild animals to do something like this.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Oh without a doubt.When I see that old field at Charleston just ran down to nothing it gets me.I remember some VERY talented kids playing for the Panthers.All these teams are just gone.Makes you proud when you can go back home every Fri night.

......sorry for a little rabbit trail OnB. When I was about 5 years old, my Mom and I would travel to Knoxville, catch a Trailways bus to go visit my grandparents in Cleveland Tn. The trip seemed to take all day. It would make stops in all the little towns. I remember pulling into Charleston TN, and thinking I was in some far off land on the other side of the world.:lol:

• Like 1