Ravenwood Recruiting Pipeline

District12AA

14 hours ago, tnfootball88 said:

Eventually schools/programs recruit themselves. Wilco as a whole is a good county but Ravenwood is the premier football program. Some may disagree but 5 state appearances in 20 years of being a school gives you a silver/gold ball every 4 years.

That is because the compitition is not as heavy in the west part of the state.  Out west you get a school like Germantown or the 'Haven' about once every 10 years.  The rest of the time you can pretty much figure a school from Williamson County will be the representative.

19 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

That is because the compitition is not as heavy in the west part of the state.  Out west you get a school like Germantown or the 'Haven' about once every 10 years.  The rest of the time you can pretty much figure a school from Williamson County will be the representative.

In the last 10 years, Whitehaven has been in the title game 4 times. Good chance they would have made it 5 if the SCS had let them play. If anything, the competition is better in the west than it is in the east

Edited by MidTennFootball

5 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

And when it was not the Haven where was the compitition from the west?  Before that in this Century it was Germantown.

There's also only 8 teams in West TN in 6A, so of course Middle TN is gonna have the leg up. White Station has won a title more recently than Germantown, who hasn't been past the quarters in over 15 years

On 2/13/2021 at 2:56 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

And whos fault is it there are so few alloted to the West vs the East?

It's not like the East just has tons of top teams. They have 2 in Oakland and Maryville. Nobody else is even a threat. If you could take those 2 teams out then 6 A is very even across the state.  I wish TSSAA would have separated Oakland and Maryville for next 2 years.  I also liked the old z Plan helped to prevent this

On 2/14/2021 at 9:42 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

It's not like the East just has tons of top teams. They have 2 in Oakland and Maryville. Nobody else is even a threat. If you could take those 2 teams out then 6 A is very even across the state.  I wish TSSAA would have separated Oakland and Maryville for next 2 years.  I also liked the old z Plan helped to prevent this

I think the Z Plan was great because in addition to that, overall record mattered. Nobody wants to say this but non-region games are as meaningful as scrimmages when it comes to playoff seeding. Yes, the Z Plan published teams with tougher schedules, but that's life. All games should matter. Brentwood was left with a nasty taste in their mouth by that format when they were drawn against that really good Smyrna team in the first round 2010 even after winning the Wilco region, but that's football. 

On 2/16/2021 at 1:58 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

What would 'help' is to TELL the T$$AA to take it down to 4 classes and sacrifice for the good of the kids and NOT their bank account!

Also for them to take 'recruiting' seriously and STOP IT!

If they will not, then the schools need to take responsibility and REPLACE the T$$AA.

I’m definitely on board with figuring out a better way to police recruiting. It’s a bigger problem then people would probably be willing to admit. This state is so big and has so many schools, that it would be a challenge figuring out how to do it, though. 

• Upvote 1