Spectators at Chattanooga convention center?

barbwire

4 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

so again, what would you want to happen?

I would want those parents to get to see their kids wrestle.  They did not create this situation.  If emails were sent directly to parents from TSSAA this would be a different conversation, but parents had no control over knowing WHEN the link was sent to their perspective coaches.  Enjoy watching your kid wrestle.  I am sure those who can’t watch their kids can gather in their perspective rooms and watch online.  It will be the same experience.

Edited by ladyvol31

13 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

I would want those parents to get to see their kids wrestle.  They did not create this situation.  If emails were sent directly to parents from TSSAA this would be a different conversation, but parents had no control over knowing WHEN the link was sent to their perspective coaches.  Enjoy watching your kid wrestle.  I am sure those who can’t watch their kids can gather in their perspective rooms and watch online.  It will be the same experience.

So you would get an email from TSSAA, but not from your coach? And how is TSSAA supposed to have the email address of every kid participating? Posts were made on this site as well, about the parents having first opportunity. You could always reach out and see if someone might have a ticket or two that they are not using, and buy if from them. I hate that you or anyone might miss out, but seriously blaming this one on TSSAA is reaching way too far. Seems that the rest of the state new the process, heck our coach emailed us several times reminding us of the deadline

16 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

Actually watching online will be better than being there in some ways. There is no elevation of seats so everything is on ground level meaning you will be having to fight to be in the first couple of rows to even be able to see the mat from a seat 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

So you would get an email from TSSAA, but not from your coach? And how is TSSAA supposed to have the email address of every kid participating? Posts were made on this site as well, about the parents having first opportunity. You could always reach out and see if someone might have a ticket or two that they are not using, and buy if from them. I hate that you or anyone might miss out, but seriously blaming this one on TSSAA is reaching way too far. Seems that the rest of the state new the process, heck our coach emailed us several times reminding us of the deadline

I am not placing blame on anyone.  Yes, parents could reach out to coaches.  Yes, coaches should have sent emails in a timely manner.  I just said IF parents had the link directly sent to them from TSSAA it actually IS their fault.  Blaming parents for not reaching out to coaches, or coaches not sending links does not get anyone in.  Do you have two tickets you are willing to sell to me?

• Upvote 1

It would have taken TSSAA five minutes to review which schools had zero codes validated. They could have left a day between arbitrary deadline and opening to public and made a phone call to the school AD. Then after 24 hours each school could get a new link that opens remaining tickets for that school to families and coaches spouses of that school. One extra step, 30 extra minutes of work.  What to do now? Increase capacity?  Refund all tickets bought after noon yesterday and allow those schools 24 hours to get their tickets, then open back up to the public or coach family option after that 24 hours?  Apparently all you need is five minutes to sell any leftover tickets. 

35 minutes ago, Biffmar4 said:

It would have taken TSSAA five minutes to review which schools had zero codes validated. They could have left a day between arbitrary deadline and opening to public and made a phone call to the school AD. Then after 24 hours each school could get a new link that opens remaining tickets for that school to families and coaches spouses of that school. One extra step, 30 extra minutes of work.  What to do now? Increase capacity?  Refund all tickets bought after noon yesterday and allow those schools 24 hours to get their tickets, then open back up to the public or coach family option after that 24 hours?  Apparently all you need is five minutes to sell any leftover tickets. 

Most logical post on here!

12 minutes ago, ladyvol31 said:

Most logical post on here!

What school didn’t get allow their parents to get tickets?   Why is this misplaced anger being directed at the TSSAA not being directed at that school’s athletic director, wrestling coach and Principle?   They are the ones that screwed up and not the TSSAA.  

The TSSAA was very clear on how this ticket process was going to work and as far as I seen other than some random post on here every parent in the state was able to get tickets.  

What School was it and who is the athletic director and coach?   

Edited by durdon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, durdon said:

What school didn’t get allow their parents to get tickets?   Why is this misplaced anger being directed at the TSSAA not being directed at that school’s athletic director, wrestling coach and Principle?   They are the ones that screwed up and not the TSSAA.  

The TSSAA was very clear on how this ticket process was going to work and as far as I seen other than some random post on here every parent in the state was able to get tickets.  

What School was it and who is the athletic director and coach?   

Several schools have been impacted.  TSSAA was not transparent about the process.  They handled it ineffectively and it has caused this mess.  If they had been transparent the information including the deadline would have been published on their website and to be even more transparent on GoFan. Furthermore, the whole 12:00 deadline was not on the Tuesday email which I got forwarded on late Friday after the fact.  So for a tournament that was scheduled late and postponed why would they impose such an artificial deadline at all and poorly communicate the info?

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Several schools have been impacted.  TSSAA was not transparent about the process.  They handled it ineffectively and it has caused this mess.  If they had been transparent the information including the deadline would have been published on their website and to be even more transparent on GoFan. Furthermore, the whole 12:00 deadline was not on the Tuesday email which I got forwarded on late Friday after the fact.  So for a tournament that was scheduled late and postponed why would they impose such an artificial deadline at all and poorly communicate the info?

What schools?  Name them?  As far as I’ve heard nobody had any issues with the TSSAA ticket process.  

For such a strange year I feel TSSAA handled this as well as possible.  State tournament happening.  Spectators allowed. And even dealing with a weather situation. It is what it is this year. 

You have said you were not able to get tickets because your sons coach didn’t get you a code.  
What school and who is the coach? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biffmar4 said:

This sounds like the best solution.  Hopefully TSSAA follows this path which would meet their goal that every wrestler gets two tickets.

5 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

This sounds like the best solution.  Hopefully TSSAA follows this path which would meet their goal that every wrestler gets two tickets.

The TSSAA already did this and every qualifier in the state got 2 tickets.  If you want to imply that you didn’t then name the school and the Coach that screwed up. 

Edited by durdon
  • Like 1

Just now, durdon said:

The TSSAA already did this and every qualifier in the state got 2 tickets.  If you am want to imply that you didn’t then name the school and the Coach that screwed up. 

I think you need to word this every qualifier in the state should have had the opportunity to get tickets.  Because if they actually got tickets this conversation would not exist.  And I don’t think it matters what school and coach, I am sure the parents are dealing with that privately.  Plus, I’ve never seen any wrestling coach walk on water, last time I checked they were all human.