Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

5 hours ago, WestTennRaider said:

Great hire for Madison!  Congrats to Coach Hicks. I have a quick question...with all of these great coaches in Madison county, will the talent pool become spread out too much?  Will Madison County be able to produce state tourney caliber teams if the talent is spread equally through the city?

Coach Hicks?

8 hours ago, WestTennRaider said:

Great hire for Madison!  Congrats to Coach Hicks. I have a quick question...with all of these great coaches in Madison county, will the talent pool become spread out too much?  Will Madison County be able to produce state tourney caliber teams if the talent is spread equally through the city?

Outside of Liberty has Madison County ever had state tourney caliber teams?

On 6/30/2021 at 12:24 PM, WestTennRaider said:

I been saying this. it will take 2-3 years but no doubt plays a huge role in 3A. It will make District play and region play interesting.

Especially with TCA and coach williams being a private school. He gonna get some kids

2A district Madison plays in is weak. Scotts hill, Riverside, Adamsville Madison and bolivar.  Madison and bolivar play for a district championship every year

• 4 weeks later...

I Feel sorry for Kevin Maggard. He is set up for failure. Drew has had all kinds of opportunities to leave. Why now? Because they move up to the big class? Maggard knows the game but is just not the guy to get kids to want to go to CPA for basketball.

There will be no silver ball this year. And please don't even bother with Gold ball talk. The Moore kid got exposed against quickness. He was the invisible man against Goodpasture in the championship game. Too slow. You will not have Zion Christian to pump stats against anymore.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 9:49 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

I Feel sorry for Kevin Maggard. He is set up for failure. Drew has had all kinds of opportunities to leave. Why now? Because they move up to the big class? Maggard knows the game but is just not the guy to get kids to want to go to CPA for basketball.

There will be no silver ball this year. And please don't even bother with Gold ball talk. The Moore kid got exposed against quickness. He was the invisible man against Goodpasture in the championship game. Too slow. You will not have Zion Christian to pump stats against anymore.

Didn't see where CPA coach went...